• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

For Old Lancer Lovers

mensoft

So i got to checkout the only remaining 2 door lancer 1600 GSR.

the car was in a really sad state. and the owner doesnt even want to let it go.

There was another lancer 1600 GSR in srilanka. sadly some stupid idiot has sold it for parts

Damn, where is this car machan? Somewhere in Kandy?

Damn, where is this car machan? Somewhere in Kandy?

yes machan in kandy sadly the onwer sort of diddnt let me take a pic :/ although i took one from far away you cant really see the car at all.

belongs to a former race driver

:o Are u kidding me right now? Looks like the car has spent quite a lot of time like that. That's just plain disappointing. :sad-smiley-066: I hope someone rescues that car from the state it's in right now.

• Like 1

The front trim pieces are inside the house,

doors and boot lid is changed for fiber to save weight.

has come with original rollcages and stuff as well.

but the car is sitting on the ground without any wheels for like 15 years now sadly

the owner is sadly not even willing to let it go, he doesnt even give it to his own son. he has another lancer A70 GSL/ SL-5 which i think with a saturn 1600 engine. that too is rusting there just like this and again not willing to sell.

Some people I say. I wouldn't be this dissapointed if he was actually taking good care of the car and was hoping to pass it on to his son instead of just letting them go to the grave with him. :(

but the car is sitting on the ground without any wheels for like 15 years now sadly

the owner is sadly not even willing to let it go, he doesnt even give it to his own son. he has another lancer A70 GSL/ SL-5 which i think with a saturn 1600 engine. that too is rusting there just like this and again not willing to sell.

Why don't we hatch an elaborate plan to rescue this poor example?

• Like 1

I'm all IN. We'll buy a scrapped car that resembles this 1600 GSR and switch them when he is not around. Then we'll set fire to the scrapped car to make it look like an accident. :ph34r:

On a more serious note, this is a great loss guys, we're talking about the last original 1600 GSR in the country and it's dying out there. :(

That's exactly what I had in mind! (Well, not the setting fire part)

Where is this place.

So i got to checkout the only remaining 2 door lancer 1600 GSR.

the car was in a really sad state. and the owner doesnt even want to let it go.

There was another lancer 1600 GSR in srilanka. sadly some stupid idiot has sold it for parts

yes machan in kandy sadly the onwer sort of diddnt let me take a pic :/ although i took one from far away you cant really see the car at all.

belongs to a former race driver

A friend involved in the project (who is generally a reliable source) told me that this car is actually going to be restored, the reason nothing was being done is because the shell is too far gone. Apparently they have now located a replacement 2 door bodyshell after a long period of searching.

Im assuming it is this car, since it fits the description (Only GSR left, in kandy, sitting for years, former race car etc)

So there IS hope

Edited by Supra_Natural

Now that's a ray of hope. I fully understand the guy not wanting to let it go if he was doing the ground work to bring it back to life. But not passing it on to his son, not letting someone take a bloody picture does make him sound like a d***.

And look at you guys plotting B&E, arson and theft! I must confess the first thing crossed my mind was far too sinsiter to share publically. I might need professional help!

And look at you guys plotting B&E, arson and theft! I must confess the first thing crossed my mind was far too sinsiter to share publically. I might need professional help!

I think we might have been on the same line on that one....legal implications of going through with it would have been..let's say death penalty...life imprisonment (perhaps for several life spans)...

I think we might have been on the same line on that one....legal implications of going through with it would have been..let's say death penalty...life imprisonment (perhaps for several life spans)...

Ha Ha! Internet fist bump! I'm relieved to find out that I'm not the only one.