• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

For Old Lancer Lovers

mensoft

yes machan i had replied without going through his whole thread

funny thing is they had mention Orion engine to do astronomical figures of 14kmpl and 23kmpl but i dont think they would ever do that much huh

Mensoft has covered all the 1st Generation Lancers in this post next generation was the Lancer Box.

@Croozer; yes gave it away when I bought the Corolla, gave it to a family friend who lived close by then he had also sold it. I currently have the Corolla and a Baleno.

Ha Ha i know the feeling mate :)

Im also trying so hard to find my granpas pug 504 :(

true.. for everyone else those are just cars.

but for people who owned them. its been a part of there life. a part of there family.

seriously. if its up for sale im buying it. or atleast try my best to buy it :D

but for people who owned them. its been a part of there life. a part of there family.

You just like the second owner of my car. :rolleyes:

He have seen it @ the garage and have ask whether it for sale ?

You just like the second owner of my car. :rolleyes:

He have seen it @ the garage and have ask whether it for sale ?

lol i did that once as well.

once i saw my Lancer in a garage around 6-7 months after we sold and asked them would he sell it.

but after that for years i didnt see that car

mensoft, thanks for those pictures.

my father had a 8 sri Galant and his best freind had 1600 GSR Lancer which was pretty rare those days. I used to love mitubishis. i might have been 4-6 years of age and i used love that 1600 gsr. i really do not know what happened to that car as my fathers freind died in an accident ( Overseas). i still remember steering wheel as it came three spoke. anyway thanks for posting those pics. truly appriciate it.

Edited by Velocity

my father had a 8 sri Galant and his best freind had 1600 GSR Lancer which was pretty rare those days. I used to love mitubishis. i might have been 4-6 years of age and i used love that 1600 gsr. i really do not know what happened to that car as my fathers freind died in an accident ( Overseas). i still remember steering wheel as it came three spoke. anyway thanks for posting those pics. truly appriciate it.

I think Mitsubishi ran da rally in Lancer GSR 1600. and then Lancer Box 2000 turbo. http://www.groupbrally.com/mitsubishi.shtml

Mine Lancer Box 1980. 13 Sri under restoration (sadly for 2 yrs)

Edited by fatjoe

wow.. i didnt know that there were GSR's in SL.

thats one nice rare machine

Dude she looks great,hope she is still the same

fatjoe,,,

why is it difficult to restore this car....i mean spares are not an issue right......

No machang. But seems like I'm not destined to be with the Boxy. It was the "Basuwas" who screwed it up. Now its at the final stages. Electrics and then interior has to be done. Had lots of dreams and ideas how to do it. But now I'm too tired.

A few have been in the local racing scene I believe. Also MRM's uncle I believe has one (1600GSR)which has been in one place for sometime.

damn that's nice. unfortunately never seen one before. seriously wish i could drive one at least for once.

Dude she looks great,hope she is still the same

yea mate. thnx and afaik it looks still the same coz my dad has seen it once few months ago :)

No machang. But seems like I'm not destined to be with the Boxy. It was the "Basuwas" who screwed it up. Now its at the final stages. Electrics and then interior has to be done. Had lots of dreams and ideas how to do it. But now I'm too tired.

how can a maka bass take 2 years to do a repair....either the bugger is a total liar or he is so good in his work that he very busy :) ... anyway machang,,,,i sincerely hope all will go well and you will get her back into the road ,,,, it is a crime to see something going to rust when we are running with cars older than us ... :D

exactly !

but sadly this is not the 1st time i have heard of such stories many a car has been ruined at garages and left there for years due to tinkerers not working on it fully and then owners lose interest and scrapped them ,personaly know a A40 Fareena model and an Austin 10 which perished like that

how can a maka bass take 2 years to do a repair....either the bugger is a total liar or he is so good in his work that he very busy :) ... anyway machang,,,,i sincerely hope all will go well and you will get her back into the road ,,,, it is a crime to see something going to rust when we are running with cars older than us ... :D

• 2 years later...

Bumping this old thread to share some videos I found on YouTube.

24th Safari Rally (1976): Winners (Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR)

25th Safari Rally (1977): 4th Position (Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR)

Edited by Davy

So i got to checkout the only remaining 2 door lancer 1600 GSR.

the car was in a really sad state. and the owner doesnt even want to let it go.

There was another lancer 1600 GSR in srilanka. sadly some stupid idiot has sold it for parts