• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diy Superglue Removal

Crosswind

Last evening, I superglued two of my fingers together while trying to stick two pieces of wood. So immediately I went to the tap and tried to wash it off. Tried soap also with it but the only thing it did was to make a big white spot on my fingers.

After a while, I seeked the help of uncle Google out of desperation, and this is what he told me:

• Use Loctite Superglue Remover - Now where on earth will I find it from?
  • Use an Acetone-based nail polish remover - The better-half didn't have any
  • Use thinner/turpentine/sandpaper/rubbing compound - Dont wanna keep rubbing those on the fingers
  • Wait till it dries out, it will eventually fall off - Hell no!
  • Use warm water and soap - Didn't work
  • Use vegetable oil - Didn't work
  • Use Petroleum Jelly - Where will I find petroleum jelly at 10 PM in the night?... oh wait a minute!

So here's my little DIY Superglue Removal:

What u need: Two 5-rupee sachets of cheap hair gel available at any grocery store, one sachet of cheap shampoo available in any grocery store.

Total cost: Rs. 15

How to: Wet the area with water and drop a bit of hair gel on it and rub in a circular motion, taking care not to put too much pressure on the skin. The glue will start peeling off in tiny piece by piece. As the pieces keep falling off, add more hair gel and keep rubbing. The glue will loose its strength and the fingers will eventually come apart.

Once the hair-gel treatment is over, wash the hands with water and wash off using the cheap shampoo. Any residues of superglue will be removed.

Of course if you have KY Jelly at home, you can use that too :D

Since you have it on two fingers why dont you just rub them against each other? The glue rubs against the glue on the other finger and kinda wears off in a powdery form. Just rub your fingers for about 10-15 mins while doing whatever else you have to day. Such a drama queen!

I think he glued his two fingers together :lol:

Anyway i dont use any gel or anything, easiest way is to wait till it dries off and put some water and peel it off carefully with a knife :D

I think he glued his two fingers together :lol:

Anyway i dont use any gel or anything, easiest way is to wait till it dries off and put some water and peel it off carefully with a knife :D

Yeah, that's possible too, but why sweat it. Its just some superglue, its not gonna kill you. But yeah, your method will work (while you'll also be risking cutting yourself), but it still better than running to the supermarket at 10pm for 2 sachets of hairgel and a shachet of shampoo. Might as well add a pack of condoms to the list ;)

well if you glue two fingers together again, why waste it? make your wife/girlfriend happy till it wears off :lol:

LOL :lol:

Extract from original post :

"Wet the area with water and drop a bit of hair gel on it and rub in a circular motion, taking care not to put too much pressure on the skin."

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

when I was a young apprentice I had a mishap with some superglue that spilled onto the wing of a car, so I immediately sorted out the car but when I was done I realised the superglue bottle cap was stuck to my finger with a ring of glue around it.....because of health and safety at work I had to go to the hospital....all they did was fill a jar with olive oil and made me put my finger in it for 10mins.

After 10 mins the glue just slid off my finger in a ring.

Much easier and quicker than rubbing with anything. Just dip and wait.

I use a few kinds of glue in my hobbies, what works best for me is dipping the affected finger(s) in very warm water (not so hot that you can't stand it). For stuck objects, including finger, dip the joint in the warm water and slowly pry apart. Be careful of pulling off top skin, the heat and friction will have numbed your fingertips quite a bit and you feel anything until its too late (lots of experience).

• 4 months later...

Shoulda just worn gloves...(what the impending switch over to the new supplier causing shortages?)

haapo the new supplier can go suck donkey d*ick. i'm sick of them not having my size, and not powdering the bloody things enough. nope this was a personal favour for a friend, at his place, at night. so, no gloves, no pharmacy. no choice!

plus i can't fashion the cast properly with gloves machan. used to working without them on plaster casts... my bad, i guess

Edited by Komisiripala

"...nope this was a personal favour for a friend, at his place, at night. so, no gloves, no pharmacy. no choice!"

lol!? Change the 'he' to a 'her' and the 'gloves' to the singular and my gutter-mind would have had something to comment on!! Even here you're on shaky ground :D

• Like 1

lol!? Change the 'he' to a 'her' and the 'gloves' to the singular and my gutter-mind would have had something to comment on!! Even here you're on shaky ground :D

lols! ado yeah... then might as well swallow the superglue and sh*t bricks and die. better than coming home to a thundering kaney from my wife!

"oyaa plaster kiyala owada karey! hitapiya tho! puchchanawa integra eka"

"aney budu nangiye epaaaa"

lols! ado yeah... then might as well swallow the superglue and sh*t bricks and die. better than coming home to a thundering kaney from my wife!

"oyaa plaster kiyala owada karey! hitapiya tho! puchchanawa integra eka"

I can see why you'd want to be on her good terms with her!! :D

Edited by Kavvz