• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Is The Honda Civic Fd1,fd2 And Fd3 Cars?

irshadi2

You really are obsessed with the FD`s aren't you? Opening up therads on em once in a while.. :rolleyes:

I`ve got one (FD2), and it`s been bearing daily abuse quite well and done 20k km`s during the 9+ months i`ve owned it. We get the Taiwan build over here, so not too happy about some finer details on body work, paint and interior trim. I don't know much about the "Sri Lankan" context, but have driven the lot in the same class (Corolla - 1.8 ltr | Mazda 3, Lancer - 2.0 ltr) and the Civic is the best drive and the most powerful I found.

• Like 1

No worries mate, well it`s not an Axio so the second hand market is obviously different in SL. You could say ‘not market’, comparatively. It`s the same story with the Mazda Axela.

I would stay away from the FD3 personally. The FD1 is not a super complex car to maintain and don’t think the Japanese version had any know factory defects/issues. I would look for one that`s already registered and depreciated a little bit.

You don’t have to run to the agents for every issue, but you`ll have to do research and figure out the type of issues that could be fixed with less expertise. It all depends on the issue so better worry about is when it does happen. For example, things like engine diagnostics or troubleshooting electronics are better done at the agents, whereas any third party mechanic could change shock-absorbers. But, as with any modern car, most components must be ‘replaced’ when gone bust and difficult to repair/mend and use as with older cars. Certain things are expensive in new cars to replace anyway, for example my key would cost me $400+ to replace at the agents (still running with one key, need to research on whether i could buy a generic key off the net and get it re-programmed :D ).

• Like 1

bro..

some are saying that honda civic Fd1,fd2 And Fd3 cars are second hand is not market and if any repair have to go company to maintain. is that true?? (my grammar is not good sorry bro)

Dear Bro, If you are looking for second hand market, better you go for Toyota or nissan. I have been using Hondas for last 12 years different models and I made profit when i sold my ek3 in 2005 and lost 2lacks from my es1 in 2010. Now I am using a fd1 for last 10 months or so and so far so good and enjoy driving.

If you have a serious mechanical or electrical/electronic problem, it is always better to go for the agent rather than messing with up maka bas.I don't think you will have problems imediatly since the cars are still new.

• Like 1

Dear Bro, If you are looking for second hand market, better you go for Toyota or nissan. I have been using Hondas for last 12 years different models and I made profit when i sold my ek3 in 2005 and lost 2lacks from my es1 in 2010. Now I am using a fd1 for last 10 months or so and so far so good and enjoy driving.

If you have a serious mechanical or electrical/electronic problem, it is always better to go for the agent rather than messing with up maka bas.I don't think you will have problems imediatly since the cars are still new.

Bro..How abt da fuel figures of FD1 ( Not an expert on FD series & I guess FD1s coming wit 1.8L)

Bro..How abt da fuel figures of FD1 ( Not an expert on FD series & I guess FD1s coming wit 1.8L)

Fd1 - 1.8 L

Fd2 - 2 Lt

Fd3 - Hybrid 1.3/1.4 Lt

Fd4 - 1.6 Lt

Fd1 does 8.5-9.5 km/Lt (office travel) and 10-11 km/lt out station.(I am bit hard on the paddle, It depends on how you drive)

• Thanks 1

Fd1 - 1.8 L

Fd2 - 2 Lt

Fd3 - Hybrid 1.3/1.4 Lt

Fd4 - 1.6 Lt

Fd1 does 8.5-9.5 km/Lt (office travel) and 10-11 km/lt out station.(I am bit hard on the paddle, It depends on how you drive)

Thanks for the details mate..I guess your one is auto. So when it comes to manual,it'll do more than this. Good figures for 1.8L machine..isn't it???

• 6 years later...

Why FD4 (1.6 VTech) allays comes with a factory fitted Car Stereo (unchangeable ) Dash Board.

How would I  install a Double Din Set up to this FD4 ?

*** I dnt own a FD4 but planing to have one. This is only my worry.  All FD4s I ve seen are with boring car stereo.

FD4.JPG

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Thiva89 said:

Is it worthy to buy a honda fd1 in 2020?

That can only be answered by you ! No one else as it is dependent on what you will use the car for and what you expect from it. For example, if you ask me..I would say it is not worth buying any car in 2020 considering the ridiculous import taxes and what would be worth is an old Alto to get me from my gate to the Keells super market 675m away.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:43 AM, Sssuneth said:

Why FD4 (1.6 VTech) allays comes with a factory fitted Car Stereo (unchangeable ) Dash Board.

How would I  install a Double Din Set up to this FD4 ?

*** I dnt own a FD4 but planing to have one. This is only my worry.  All FD4s I ve seen are with boring car stereo.

FD4.JPG

All the FD series comes standard with this radio. Only a few came with the dual din upgraded system (few factory fitted,mostly aftermarket).

You can buy an dual din adapter plastic piece and replace the old radio with a new radio. Plug and play. Very easy to replace the panel. After the new panel is in. You can fit whatever infotainment system you want.

Artached few pics for you reference. You can buy the adapter dual din panel from ebay or similar site(few varieties too,get the one with no buttons).

honda_civic_2din_radio_panel_1528105934_5ad25520.jpg

honda_civic_fd_series_fd1_fd2_fd4_fd2r_centre_console_panel_bracket_aftermarket_double_din_dvd_playe_1553980499_65bcaf9b_progressive.jpg

Edited by fiat fan
Removed pic

8 hours ago, Thiva89 said:

What do you mean worthy? It depends on your requirement and what you expect the car to do... If I was looking for a car in the 3.5 Mil mark then yes it would be on my list - but that's me your expectations of a car and mine would be different. 

9 hours ago, Thiva89 said:

It all boils down to your personal preference on a car and what you expect from it as well as the example you come across..

being a FD owner for me it's still worth it in 2020 within that price bracket..

considering the other cars you get for this price bracket ..yes its worth it....I'm in to Hondas for past 12 years and using a FD1 for last 4 years..it was a 9 year old car when i bought ..still looks and runs good ..get a one before the ricer boys have their hands on them ..