• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti Steering Vibration

tombo

Question

Dear Friends

am using maruti800cc car. i notice that steering is vibrating when reach to 60kmph and its remaining same, initially i assume that this is happening because of the vehicle is small, But i need clarify this with expertise, please tell me this is any mechanical issue or it is the nature of the Mariti car,

thanks all

23 answers to this question

Have driven a few maruti's, in all of them this was normal.

Maybe all the cars you drove (or even most maruti 800s) have unbalanced wheels, but still it'd b best to get your wheels aligned. A wobble on the long term puts a lot of unnecessary stress on all parts of the the steering mechanism.

• Like 1

Maybe all the cars you drove (or even most maruti 800s) have unbalanced wheels, but still it'd b best to get your wheels aligned. A wobble on the long term puts a lot of unnecessary stress on all parts of the the steering mechanism.

There is only a little vibration after 60,but after 80 it's really worse.

1+

also it can be case of steering components wearing out... a wheel alignment joint should be able diagnose the issue cos they do a fairly detailed check on the suspension and steering bits

Wrong!

Little things end up being big problems in the future.

OT:

and its because of things like this my friend that we keep telling you, that you need to grow up a bit. Driving mommy's or someone else's maruti 800 every now and again and being a 'car freak' doesnt give you expertise on cars overnight. You have to live with a car and go through the agonies and pitfalls of it to truly know it. Get stuck in the middle of nowhere due to an engine stall that logically isnt possible, walk shop-to-shop in pan/watta trying to find a hose that makes you feel like the manufacturer made only that hose for your car and your car alone, come back from a garage repair only to realize they didnt complete the job and you gotta do it yourself now. Google and the internet can only teach you that much the rest comes with time :)

• Like 3

Wrong!

OT:

and its because of things like this my friend that we keep telling you, that you need to grow up a bit. Driving mommy's or someone else's maruti 800 every now and again and being a 'car freak' doesnt give you expertise on cars overnight. You have to live with a car and go through the agonies and pitfalls of it to truly know it. Get stuck in the middle of nowhere due to an engine stall that logically isnt possible, walk shop-to-shop in pan/watta trying to find a hose that makes you feel like the manufacturer made only that hose for your car and your car alone, come back from a garage repair only to realize they didnt complete the job and you gotta do it yourself now. Google and the internet can only teach you that much the rest comes with time :)

Nicely said :alc:

Dear Friends

am using maruti800cc car. i notice that steering is vibrating when reach to 60kmph and its remaining same, initially i assume that this is happening because of the vehicle is small, But i need clarify this with expertise, please tell me this is any mechanical issue or it is the nature of the Mariti car,

thanks all

Sounds like a wheel alignment issue, like others mentioned check your wheel alignments from a good place.

Also did you notice any uneven wear on your tires ? like the left side of the tire and the right side of the tire are not worn equally ? if you do notice uneven patterns its definitely an alignment issue.

Also do you notice the car pulling to a side when the steering wheel is in the center position ?

Wrong!

OT:

Just said what I experienced,didnt know the condition of the cars,not ours.Well have to agree on what you said.When learning these stuff ''katta kanna ona'' :D Thanks for the advice watchman

Edited by CyRaX

Dear Friends

thanks all

This is due to the misalignment of wheels.Get your wheels aligned from a good place. If you've change the rims to Alloys get the wheels balanced too. Also if the rack ends wear off it will make the steering vibrate at speeds more than 60kmph. No this is not the nature of the car. :)

Bro then You must have driven one with either misaligned wheels or bent rims. Did 100 kmph on parliment strech on a testdrive to check the alignment after aligning the wheels at the agents and didn't notice any vibrations. :) Don't assume things :)

Dear Friends

thanks all

Hi, Do Wheel balancing. I had the same problem. Wheel balancing eliminated the problem.

Thanks for all replies now i identified the problem,take the necessary action for my next salary. i want make this car to Drive 100-120 without any vibration. if it is not perform as expected consider to change the car...

Thanks for all replies now i identified the problem,take the necessary action for my next salary. i want make this car to Drive 100-120 without any vibration. if it is not perform as expected consider to change the car...

'tombo',

If after wheel balancing and all other members methods posted had failed you can stop this wobbling of your steering wheel by adding a steering damper.

The steering dampers act as shock absorber and specially created to operate horizontally. And acting horizontally, the steering damper or the stabilizer can reduce vibrations that travel through the steering system to the driver.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'tombo',

If after wheel balancing and all other members methods posted had failed you can stop this wobbling of your steering wheel by adding a steering damper.

The steering dampers act as shock absorber and specially created to operate horizontally. And acting horizontally, the steering damper or the stabilizer can reduce vibrations that travel through the steering system to the driver.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

The Maruti 800 comes with a steering damper :).

I would advise you to take it to A*W @ Royal gardens.

dear VWvortex

really funny that's mean you know my effort on break pedal.. very well.. ok. help me to find Nissan wing-road or AD wagon around budget 1.4 i can sale or exchange my Maruti for 9.5 to 9.00 balance finance by loan. in between try to make smooth this and enjoy 18-20Km per Ltr, that's y i love her this much.