• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A New Way Of Cheating At Fuel Sheds In Sl !!

Chathurike

Got this from FB !!

Here is the story of my friend...

This is a true incident I witnessed today morning.

I was in the queue to pump petrol in ###### petrol shed (a fully computerized modern ceypetco shed). The guy who was in front of me said 2...000 and the pumper put that in the digital meter and reset it to 0 and started the meter, which was perfectly fine. For some reason I kept looking at the meter. When it passed the 1000 Rs mark some other pumper came and took money from the car and I felt he is having a chat with the client (may be current affairs) when the pumper who was operating the machine noticed the client is no longer looking at the meter, he suddenly stopped the pump by pressing a button as soon as it passed 1500.00 mark and he again pressed another button so it appeared 2000.00 Rs and 16 ltrs on the display. Then they gave a digital bill to the client (am sure it had 2000.00 Rs and 16 ltrs printed on it).

I was next in the line and I wanted to confirm what they did so I asked them to pump for 1000. When he was resetting the meter he had to press another button on it and then it displayed 1553.00 Rs as the previous value. Then he entered 1000 and reset the meter to 0. Once it passed 500 the other pumper came and tried hard to distract me by asking money and telling me some bullshit current affairs but I was kept looking at the meter till the end. If I took my eyes off from the meter am sure they would have done the same to me as well.

I cannot make a complaint for this as I do not have any evidence to proof what I saw.

So next time when you pump fuel, better keep an eye on the meter till the end... :)

thanks Rasika M for the valuable news.... :)

• Like 6

Yeah I prefer getting down and standing by the tank as its filled up too. Not so much as for foul play, but I normally go for a full tank all the time, and some of these fellows just let it overflow and the diesel dripping along the side kinda messed up the plastic of the wheel arches etc. (not to mention i'm still paying for the diesel on the ground)

Maybe some people think its beneath them to get down and at a petrol shed but you can never be sure.

OP: though do note that sometimes if you're pumping a fixed value of say 2000 the pump kinda cuts off around 1300 and starts pumping slower in a stop-go motion so that it wont exceed 2000. but yeah, knowing our sri lankans its quite possible that they did what you saw.

Maybe some people think its beneath them to get down and at a petrol shed but you can never be sure.

With all the hard work our buggers put into spending as less money on fuel as possible, you'd think they'd make sure they aren't getting cheated at the bloody sheds! :D

• Like 1

Yeah I prefer getting down and standing by the tank as its filled up too. Not so much as for foul play, but I normally go for a full tank all the time, and some of these fellows just let it overflow and the diesel dripping along the side kinda messed up the plastic of the wheel arches etc. (not to mention i'm still paying for the diesel on the ground)

OP: though do note that sometimes if you're pumping a fixed value of say 2000 the pump kinda cuts off around 1300 and starts pumping slower in a stop-go motion so that it wont exceed 2000. but yeah, knowing our sri lankans its quite possible that they did what you saw.

yeh

This happened to me at a shed in kadugannawa (old pump), around 700/= mark, the guy pulled some wire and power turned off for the pump and he was like pump's fuse got busted so the pump stopped or something, after that the pump had stopped at 1000/=. And he started pumping from 0 again. But luckily i saw the whole drama and i told the guy i would make a complaint at police, and the guy told some BS and gave me back the money. Since then I don't take my eyes off a fuel pump lol

ok i usually use IOC and silva's in Peradeniya Road

till now i had no issue's with them,

but i have a friend who owns a Shed a Franchise IOC.

and once it slipped from his mouth that they cheat when pumping.

all i gotta say is. if u use IOC or any franchise Sheds.. Be extra careful.

@Chathurike- thanks for sharing info mate.

Edited by Schiffer

same thing happened to me twice.There is a fuel station near kotte junction.not the one in jubilee post junction,after u pass it n go towards kotte ,the next one u meet.Its in the right hand side.bloody pigs do dis everytime.Guys in that area be careful.

same thing happened to me twice.There is a fuel station near kotte junction.not the one in jubilee post junction,after u pass it n go towards kotte ,the next one u meet.Its in the right hand side.bloody pigs do dis everytime.Guys in that area be careful.

ohps!! are you serious machan? normally I use to be pump from jubili post junction shed. recently i have to pumped 2 times from the shed you mentioned. to be honest with you after pumped and finished my usual ride just felt like fuel consumption is not the same as other times. fuel indicator goes down faster than other times even I had the same route. i thought it is a problem with car, now I can understand why is that :) thanks bro.

Same here. Whether its full tank or Rs.1000, I always get out and wait till he is done as I prefer to close the cap myself. Never had this issue so far.

Guess it boils down to the the attendants figuring out who is a mark and who is not. Can't blame them for grabbing an opportunity also if we let them fool and cheat us.

• Like 1

Can you be more specific about what happened? I sometimes go to this place and monitor the meter all the time but haven't noticed anything fishy.

ok i usually use IOC and silva's in Peradeniya Road

till now i had no issue's with them,

but i have a friend who owns a Shed a Franchise IOC.

and once it slipped from his mouth that they cheat when pumping.

all i gotta say is. if u use IOC or any franchise Sheds.. Be extra careful.

@Chathurike- thanks for sharing info mate.

ur welcum bro. and i used to go to KUMARAGE shed in new peradeniya road .

Ah thanks mate, last two times I pumped from the shed you have mentioned. Thanks for the info mate.

These things can happen in any shed. Best thing is to switch off the engine, get down from the vehicle, go near to the pump and get it pumped.

i dont think that is an excuse....there should be some authority we can go an complain to........oh wait!!!are they not the biggest culprits in the system? :D

ah bloody cheats those buggers are

Laughs Kohuwela and CPC in Kalubowila seems good so far,sometimes go to Ebert Silva at Dehiwela too,I dont trust other sheds that much esp the Ramakrishna road shed

never step into ebert silva, a year ago my friends went out in his swift and he was about to pump fuel when the pump guy who knows him well asked if he wants a litre for 90 rupees but the only condition was that you need to pump full tank, i was amazed and later was told that they have callibrated the machine to pump a bit less....blah blah. if some one goes to IOC there is a notice saying that you can check the quantity of the amount pumped anytimefrom the Srilanka standards institution or something, but i dont see this in ebert silva as well, a few years back they also refused to give petrol to bottles as well....reasons unknown.

i mostly do full tank so im always closer to the pump to make sure he stops without overflowing (they sometimes want to round up that rupee amount although it overflows)

use only two sheds and when i fill for a specific amount, they set everything and go in to charge my card :D when they come, it is safely over