• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Electrical Rewiring

rameez

Question

Guys,

My car seems to be having a problem with the battery not being charged, in fact this has been the chronic ailment that has been happening since I bought it. I am planning to redo the wiring at least with regard to the engine area and not touch the break lights and head lights once and for all to get away from this headache …this is an old car so I assume things are not that complicated. Can this be done?. normally are there any well known ppl who do electrical wiring for cars?.

thanks

Edited by rameez

20 answers to this question

Guys,

My car seems to be having a problem with the battery not being charged, in fact this has been the chronic ailment that has been happening since I bought it. I am planning to redo the wiring at least with regard to the engine area and not touch the break lights and head lights once and for all to get away from this headache …this is an old car so I assume things are not that complicated. Can this be done. normally are there any well known ppl who do electrical wiring for cars.

thanks

wish some one will answer this :(

i am in dehiwela machang....more details pls :rolleyes:

Once u enter maharagama - piliyandala (341 bus route) from maharagama, drive like 500M. Therea a Tire shop to your right hand side. And right opp to this there is a by lane. Cant rem the name of the road. But there is a board which says car electrical and alternator repairing. The person is known as "Sudu aiya" :lol:

Even u can ask from anyone from that road for directions in case u got lost. 0777345295 this is his number.

Once u enter maharagama - piliyandala (341 bus route) from maharagama, drive like 500M. Therea a Tire shop to your right hand side. And right opp to this there is a by lane. Cant rem the name of the road. But there is a board which says car electrical and alternator repairing. The person is known as "Sudu aiya" :lol:

Even u can ask from anyone from that road for directions in case u got lost. 0777345295 this is his number.

machang you done any job from this fellow....is he good with old cars....

machang you done any job from this fellow....is he good with old cars....

Yes, i got my old car re wired few years back. It was a 1998 Wingroad. Had to do a full wiring as bloody mice have eaten it up. Recently i got the alternator diods and regulator IC changed. I have seen lot of old cars in the garage. Best thing is to call him and ask. And if you are going go early as possible. cz first come first serve :)

Guys,

My car seems to be having a problem with the battery not being charged, in fact this has been the chronic ailment that has been happening since I bought it. I am planning to redo the wiring at least with regard to the engine area and not touch the break lights and head lights once and for all to get away from this headache …this is an old car so I assume things are not that complicated. Can this be done?. normally are there any well known ppl who do electrical wiring for cars?.

thanks

Go to Pala auto electricals. You can get the address from the yellow pages or even by searching on the forum and its not hard to get there. Before you do anything you need to figure out why the battery is not charging properly. It could be an issue with the alternator or alternator circuit. You should never try to fix a problem you don't know about :)

Get a proper diagnosis done first and then follow their recommendations.

• Like 1

Rameez , If your from dehiwala there are two places in hill street . also once you turn from karagampitiya junction and to go to the zoo side before the zoo there is a place (near vaidya road )

also y dont you go to Su_ _ auto Eng @ wallawatha . they do everything under one roof .

PM me if you need details

Rameez ,

If your from dehiwala there are two places in hill street .

also once you turn from karagampitiya junction and to go to the zoo side before the zoo there is a place (near vaidya road )

Been there once, but some time ago. Guy is pretty good. I forget his name but he has been discussed on the forum before. Nishantha or summin?

Drive slow, kinda small place, quite easy to miss it. If you go past Vaidya Road, you've gone too far.

Been there once, but some time ago. Guy is pretty good. I forget his name but he has been discussed on the forum before. Nishantha or summin?

Drive slow, kinda small place, quite easy to miss it. If you go past Vaidya Road, you've gone too far.

is this before the motorbike garage.....and if i am not mistaken this guy deals in audio setups as well....

is this before the motorbike garage.....and if i am not mistaken this guy deals in audio setups as well....

I'm not sure about the motorcycle garage.

Why risk miscommunication when we have the technology? Enter these two numbers into Google Maps, it'll show you the approximate place I have in mind :D

6.853406, 79.872952

Yes, Nishantha. He also has a garage at Aththidiya. I've got several jobs done from him over the past few years, and the workmanship is very good.

Yes, when you are coming from Hill Street side towards the zoo, it is before the Bajaj motor bike garage.