• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motorcycles In Sri Lanka

ShintaroX

Question

Hey all,

I've been keeping an eye on the local motorcycles and they're mostly Indian ones. The only sport bikes I've seen are Honda CBRs and while I get that they're well-designed and attractive, I'm not such a Honda bike guy. Well I've used a Firestorm for a while, quite happily, but my fave was the Kawasaki Ninja. I can't really explain why I liked it more, it certainly wasn't the looks, I'm not sure, I just felt like it was...well, me.

So, I've been casting my eye on the roads and I only see CBRs. I saw 1 GSX, but it looked like it was dying a slow death. I stopped at a bike shop and had a chat with the owner. In my broken Sinhala I tried to ascertain why he stocked only Hondas and he said "Honda's market have" and I asked him why he doesn't have any Kawasakis and he said, predictably "ah Kawasakis market no have". Ducattis? I asked facetiously, and he raised his palm to his forehead and uttered an "arpo...". Thats right. He facepalmed me at the mention of the Ducatti.

So I appeal to you AutoLankans...please help me make sense of all this....what is this Honda CBR fever? How come no other bike can get a foot (or wheel) in the door?

And, most importantly...will I never own a Kawasaki Ninja here on paradise isle? Must I go on living like this half-person, like my life is missing something that only a Ninja can fill (how ironic that ninjas usually take away bits of people's lives!), even if it is only a poofy 250R?

Will I never get a chance to look into the Ninja's headlight and while my wife is momentarily distracted, say "U complete me"?

p.s. apologies for the melodrama.

i heard it quite recently since i had my exams i cldnt really look into it

there is a special license which is issued,to apply for it your bike must have the documents stating that u have cleared it from customs+payed tax,then u hv to take it to rnv with a permit from the defence secretary or from a local dij(i am not sure about that one)then they will check your knowledge on the bike and they will get u to ride it and they will test....this test is suppose to be similar to a racing license test so if u pass it u can ride but only 1 bike per permit is allowed....

I have issues coz i still dnt have the proper license i jst hv a learners permit so i cnt apply

You seem to love explaining sh!t and solving trivial issues, dont you... I dont suppose you have a solution for world hunger?

• Like 1

i heard it quite recently since i had my exams i cldnt really look into it

there is a special license which is issued,to apply for it your bike must have the documents stating that u have cleared it from customs+payed tax,then u hv to take it to rnv with a permit from the defence secretary or from a local dij(i am not sure about that one)then they will check your knowledge on the bike and they will get u to ride it and they will test....this test is suppose to be similar to a racing license test so if u pass it u can ride but only 1 bike per permit is allowed....

I have issues coz i still dnt have the proper license i jst hv a learners permit so i cnt apply

Dude get u r self a licence first before u go around getting licence & permits for others & with regard to what u have said about having to ride the bike infront of them and giving a test which is like a racing licence is bullshit.

• Like 1

Since I'm also a huge fan of sports motorcycles like honda cbr1000 and yamaha r1 (I don't own any and don't have money to buy either :) ) I am keeping an eye on gazettes and legal stuff. I have not come across any of this above mentioned information. The current law is bikes under 450cc can be registered. I have posted a copy of the gazette in here for proof.

i told u guys that i ddnt have tym to look into it so its 450 and below but still u can register the high capacity ones if u hv the legal documents to import it!

And little dingy can be ass-raped by a bunch of darley road kuddas if they have legal documents to do so. Malli, anything is possible if you have legal documents to do so.

• Like 1