• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

One that in this thread cost me around 2000/-, It works fine but plastic it made of is kind of a low quality. And I can not get A2DP to work in it, may be it's a problem with my phone.

how was the sound quality comparing to the players in pettah ? any good ?

because i am thinking of buying one :)

Windscreen mounted Video camera. I'm not sure how useful but cool gadget i guess.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windscreen-Car-Camera-DVR-Video-Recorder-High-Quality-/250897273877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6aa49415

Note: i'm not the seller, but I know this guy. :)

Wait a minute, if the sellers name is buy-lanka and he is from SL why do we have to pay 15$ to get it shipped here ? :blink:

Perhaps he is doing 'drop shipping' sales.

That is, he does not actually stock the items but the parent seller is shipping for him from China.

Correct for the most of items. But can you guys imaging for small purchases of mini DVD+RW our Pettah Market had the best price :D. So this guy sent those from here.

Edited by MkX

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting down a pair of fog lights for my ek3 through ebay. will I have to pay extra tax to clear these kind of items by going to the customs. No experiences with such big items from ebay. Please help me.

This is the item im planning to buy.

96-98 CIVIC SEDAN/COUPE JDM YELLOW FOG LIGHTS LAMP DEPO

OR ELSE anyone know a place to buy these kind of good lights in Local Market?

lf_cv96amdp1.jpg

Many Thanks.

Edited by Ek3 Ferio

Y bother getting these off Ebay?? any 3wheel or motor bike spare part joint would have these strips :D :D

But i would highly recommend not to use these. These looks very cheap dude.

Get a decent set of day time running lights instead.

I'm not planning to get them down from ebay or from 3 wheeler joints :D

What I want is just a pair of fog lights see my previous post :)

Can anyone help me on this?

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting down a pair of fog lights for my ek3 through ebay. will I have to pay extra tax to clear these kind of items by going to the customs. No experiences with such big items from ebay. Please help me.

This is the item im planning to buy.

96-98 CIVIC SEDAN/COUPE JDM YELLOW FOG LIGHTS LAMP DEPO

OR ELSE anyone know a place to buy these kind of good lights in Local Market?

lf_cv96amdp1.jpg

Many Thanks.

Finding one for a civic shouldn't be hard here.If you have a walk around delkada should be an easy find

Btw Jayz yeah it does give the car a cheap look.

true,

try something like this. gives the OEM look

virs%2Bbd%2Bpart%2B3.JPG

true,

try something like this. gives the OEM look

virs%2Bbd%2Bpart%2B3.JPG

afaik only ek3 facelift model can fix with those fog lamps pre facelift model can't fix with those fog lamps. unless you change the front bumper you can't fix them to pre facelift model.

afaik only ek3 facelift model can fix with those fog lamps pre facelift model can't fix with those fog lamps. unless you change the front bumper you can't fix them to pre facelift model.

Yea either you need to do a bit of work on the bumper or replace the bumper, still worth the job as it looks OEM

Team,

I found this item in Ebay today and would like to get your ideas on prices and tax duties.

In Summary, its a 5" GPS Car navigation system Bluetooth Wireless Reverse Camera , Will cost around $ 130 with shipping(hope its worth as SL it will cost around 50K) but worried about tax duties which i have to pay when it arrives here. Please help me to understand about tax duties and is it worth buying from ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item25687c9645

picnp.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Aravinda_2011

Team,

I found this item in Ebay today and would like to get your ideas on prices and tax duties.

In Summary, its a 5" GPS Car navigation system Bluetooth Wireless Reverse Camera , Will cost around $ 130 with shipping(hope its worth as SL it will cost around 50K)  but worried about tax duties which i have to pay when it arrives here.  Please help me to understand about tax duties and is it worth buying from ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item25687c9645

picnp.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi Aravinda,I got my self a 7inch unit with the wireless cam (guess its the same price) few months back. That time i had to clear it from the TRC and Defense ministry as well. It took more than 3weeks to get it cleared. :( I dont know now whether they have amended the rules of importing GPS units to SL. And if your lucky it will straight away come to ur home. But just in case if it gets stopped by the customs it will be a long process. If u can ask the seller to send the unit without the box and the manual. So you can try convincing the customs its just a reverse camera and a screen. If they find its a GPS, it will be difficult.Won't have to pay big tax. It was around Rs. 1200 as i can remember.

Hi Aravinda,I got my self a 7inch unit with the wireless cam (guess its the same price) few months back. That time i had to clear it from the TRC and Defense ministry as well. It took more than 3weeks to get it cleared. :( I dont know now whether they have amended the rules of importing GPS units to SL. And if your lucky it will straight away come to ur home. But just in case if it gets stopped by the customs it will be a long process. If u can ask the seller to send the unit without the box and the manual. So you can try convincing the customs its just a reverse camera and a screen. If they find its a GPS, it will be difficult.Won't have to pay big tax. It was around Rs. 1200 as i can remember.

Thanks a lot JayZ for your valuable comments. Let me check with vendor on box and manual.

Further How is your wireless camera work. Is it worth while to use wireless unit. Hope you are using it without any trouble so far. Please share your thoughts....