• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Nahh, there are protruded parts in the front panel that looks to extend beyond the dimensions of the standard double din. Pretty sure it wont fit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has any one used one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P04-Retractable-25-50-75-100-125-150FT-Magic-Water-Hose-Pipe-and-Spray-Nozzle-AU-/272022644098?var=&hash=item3f55d02582:m:mXsxtFuDaekmDYbFUOWaCgw

I'm fed up with carrying and storing my arpico water hose.

PS: ahh forget it, user reviews says these are utter crap, explodes and leaks around the ends after few uses.

Any other products that retracts easily?

Edited by asrock
  • Like 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P04-Retractable-25-50-75-100-125-150FT-Magic-Water-Hose-Pipe-and-Spray-Nozzle-AU-/272022644098?var=&hash=item3f55d02582:m:mXsxtFuDaekmDYbFUOWaCgw

PS: ahh forget it, user reviews says these are utter crap, explodes and leaks around the ends after few uses.

Good quality German Water Hoses are available at Hunters shop , Darley Road (T.B.Jaya Mw).

Mine started leaking after 3 or 4 uses. Crappy. The pipe diameter is small so not that much water comes out either.

I bought one from local online store, they said that they got plenty of them returned. The reason is that the hose is leaking, the horse is expandable and the materiel is not that hardy in usage. Luckily mine was not, but if you plan to use on rough surfaces with rocks and all then this might not be the best option.

Buy this is just 1 USD, I bought mine for 900+ I think.

• Like 1

Guys, need an opinion, planning to invest on a set of Led retrofits for the Leaf, will be purchased abroad and hand carried locally,

this particular set in renowned to work trouble free on Leafs, keeping away from eBay kits as H.C adviced.

So I would like your advice on the following, should I swap the factory-halogen high beam (H9)

or upgrade the fog lights (H11) and use em as driving lamps?

Its not like i'm gonna be seeing any fog in this anyways,

Also to note, when the high beams are on, the high beams remain superimposed over the stock led low beams.

Guys, need an opinion, planning to invest on a set of Led retrofits for the Leaf, will be purchased abroad and hand carried locally,

this particular set in renowned to work trouble free on Leafs, keeping away from eBay kits as H.C adviced.

So I would like your advice on the following, should I swap the factory-halogen high beam (H9)

Also to note, when the high beams are on, the high beams remain superimposed over the stock led low beams.

I don't have a Nissan Leaf but did have H11's in my fog lights just like you do. I ended upgrading the H11 fog lights on my car to H9's so as to use them like driving lights just as you mentioned. Its early days yet, but overall it ended up being a pretty cheap and hassle free upgrade to get more light on the road. I'd recommend it.

(Here's a link to my initial post that contains links / instructions on how to modify the H9's so they fit into the H11 holders.)

Edited by Kavvz

Its best that you dont fix LED for high beam cuz LEDs usually have a narrower beam compared to HID and halogen so you will not be able to get the wide angle light beam when you switch on your high beam with LED.

and for fog lamps I dont know whats the LED you are looking for but my cousin fixed LED for his Prius fog lamp and a friend fixed LED for his Hiace fog lamp, both are useless. I think there are LEDs with kits those could be good

Anybody using an OBDII diagnostic dongle (WiFi or Bluetooth)?

I need something with smart power management (device would go to sleep after xx minutes of inactivity) so that I can leave it plugged in all the time.

“PLX devices – Kiwi 2/Kiwi 3” seems like a quality piece of kit, but is insanely expensive for what it does.

Any particular brand you could recommend, apart from the cheap generic Chinese “ELM 323” devices?

I`ve been looking at one particular model, “Vgate iCar3 (WiFi)”, just checking whether anyone has come across something similar.

box.jpg

Its best that you dont fix LED for high beam cuz LEDs usually have a narrower beam compared to HID and halogen so you will not be able to get the wide angle light beam when you switch on your high beam with LED.

and for fog lamps I dont know whats the LED you are looking for but my cousin fixed LED for his Prius fog lamp and a friend fixed LED for his Hiace fog lamp, both are useless. I think there are LEDs with kits those could be good

Looking at a premium Led kit pricing near $100, with controller heatsink and all, the high beam is useless as is, but the fog lights are quite good oem, actually the low beam led and halogen fog light combo looks really good, the halogen covers the spots the Leds miss, but i do not want to look like a typical noob to the oncoming, thus reserving them only too the needs. A partial evil motive of the Led High beam upgrade is to force the crappy locals to dip their beam in my night commutes :)

I don't have this problem with other vehicles as the seating is much higher and I have frankensteined the lighting systems totally!

I'm sure in the Hiace an oncoming high beam is rarely as annoying as facing it on a car.

Edited by tiv

Looking at a premium Led kit pricing near $100, with controller heatsink and all, the high beam is useless as is, but the fog lights are quite good oem, actually the low beam led and halogen fog light combo looks really good, the halogen covers the spots the Leds miss, but i do not want to look like a typical noob to the oncoming, thus reserving them only too the needs. A partial evil motive of the Led High beam upgrade is to force the crappy locals to dip their beam in my night commutes :)

I don't have this problem with other vehicles as the seating is much higher and I have frankensteined the lighting systems totally!

I'm sure in the Hiace an oncoming high beam is rarely as annoying as facing it on a car.

Yep, night driving is not a problem at all in Hiace cuz you sit high up, almost as high as those Coaster/Rosa buses. We rarely take our Bluebird out on long night drives now. You would have felt the difference too switching from Hilux to the Leaf.

I have night-breakers for the high beam and the moment I turn on the high beam the oncoming person dips their light. It was good upgrade over the stock bulbs,

If you buy the LED bulbs keep us updated

Edited by Magnum

Care to throw out a link to this kit? Also please do post any links to good HID conversation kits as well if you have any.

Thanks!

The kit I mentioned is off a US leaf forum, they have no page so far, gotta go through ebay for a similar unit

Will let you know if I find decent hids!

Yep, night driving is not a problem at all in Hiace cuz you sit high up, almost as high as those Coaster/Rosa buses. We rarely take our Bluebird out on long night drives now. You would have felt the difference too switching from Hilux to the Leaf.

I have night-breakers for the high beam and the moment I turn on the high beam the oncoming person dips their light. It was good upgrade over the stock bulbs,

If you buy the LED bulbs keep us updated

Yes indeed I have, still wondering about the investment go led mod on leaf or just use that money on the hilux :D for fuel

Edited by tiv

The kit I mentioned is off a US leaf forum, they have no page so far, gotta go through ebay for a similar unit

Will let you know if I find decent hids!

Yes indeed I have, still wondering about the investment go led mod on leaf or just use that money on the hilux :D for fuel

Did you do any performance mod to get more power out of the 1KD?

Well the consistent one is the 3' exhaust I did sometime back,

I do have a UK-used steinbauer chip that I sparingly use, as i'm concerned about the engine as I feel it literally rapes the engine, redlines on the slightest blip, boosts upto 2bar, 1.1 stock (1.4 safe with stock internals) the temperature gauge shoots to 150c while you watch and it failed the emissions test with it. Opacity was almost zero visually prior to the chip, but with it on its like running coal. Using 4wd is totally off with it insitu due to the oversensitive throtte.

I already had the Toyota Diesel engine perfomance kit as is when I bought it which I found out during a repair at TL, local ECU guru said the loom has been altered to run the Stock Toyota Kit, and it has a DPF delete thereby it throws off parameters on the steinbauer. Wanted a hefty sum to rectify it, finally gave up, but I still have both looms ziptied in, matter of pulling out the glovebox and rearranging the plugs when I want to annoy my dad!

The only time I enjoyed it was on the way back from Galle on the Southern Expressway sometime back, it obliterated a Petrol Y62 facelift belonging to friend, can't remember the fuel price but I recall it burned 4000Rs worth of super diesel plus remainders and I was sub reserve by the time I reached colombo

Anyways its always been the thirsty one, even more than the X trail at times.

Edited by tiv

Your engine must be a far newer variant with newer ecu parameters and software, and comprehensive emission controls.

Well the consistent one is the 3' exhaust I did sometime back,

I do have a UK-used steinbauer chip that I sparingly use, as i'm concerned about the engine as I feel it literally rapes the engine, redlines on the slightest blip, boosts upto 2bar, 1.1 stock (1.4 safe with stock internals) the temperature gauge shoots to 150c while you watch and it failed the emissions test with it. Opacity was almost zero visually prior to the chip, but with it on its like running coal. Using 4wd is totally off with it insitu due to the oversensitive throtte.

I already had the Toyota Diesel engine perfomance kit as is when I bought it which I found out during a repair at TL, local ECU guru said the loom has been altered to run the Stock Toyota Kit, and it has a DPF delete thereby it throws off parameters on the steinbauer. Wanted a hefty sum to rectify it, finally gave up, but I still have both looms ziptied in, matter of pulling out the glovebox and rearranging the plugs when I want to annoy my dad!

The only time I enjoyed it was on the way back from Galle on the Southern Expressway sometime back, it obliterated a Petrol Y62 facelift belonging to friend, can't remember the fuel price but I recall it burned 4000Rs worth of super diesel plus remainders and I was sub reserve by the time I reached colombo

Anyways its always been the thirsty one, even more than the X trail at times.

I did some research on the Toyota Diesel engine performance kit, it was offered for the Invincible variant fof the Hilux, you got the Invincible eh?

You still got the kit on?

I wonder whether it will be possible to fix the kit to the Hiace?

Anyway how exactly do they get more power out of the engine by adding a kit?

Any idea why the DPF was deleted on yours? I think the DPF helps the turbo stay pressured for quicker spool time.

Your engine must be a far newer variant with newer ecu parameters and software, and comprehensive emission controls.

The 1KD was slightly modified in 2010 but I think the basics remain the same. The final drive of the Hiace was changed from 3.909:1 to 3.727:1, that increases the top speed I guess

Edited by Magnum

I did some research on the Toyota Diesel engine performance kit, it was offered for the Invincible variant fof the Hilux, you got the Invincible eh?

You still got the kit on?

I wonder whether it will be possible to fix the kit to the Hiace?

Anyway how exactly do they get more power out of the engine by adding a kit?

Any idea why the DPF was deleted on yours? I think the DPF helps the turbo stay pressured for quicker spool time.

The 1KD was slightly modified in 2010 but I think the basics remain the same. The final drive of the Hiace was changed from 3.909:1 to 3.727:1, that increases the top speed I guess

Yes I do have the kit running full time, I've no clue about the compatibility, I did find a pdf once, might be tucked away in a backup, if I find it, I ll share it here.

As far as I know it subtly alters the Ecu performance maps considering other parameters, ex Throttle position, load, engine temp, boost etc.

The kit mainly adds upto the acceleration, also blips the idle for 2-3 seconds between gear changes, maybe to keep the boost ready.

I've no clue as to why it was deleted, it may have been done in UK, but considering their MoT regulations, I doubt the thriving, probably due to convenience of DPF warnings and so on maybe. As for poor fuel use, I ruled out my fears by testing the injectors.

As for spool-up theoretically the dpf is mated post turbo eh, thus it is an obstruction to the flow, producing mild backpressure as well innit.

More flow of exhaust = more spool.

Edited by tiv

Yes I do have the kit running full time, I've no clue about the compatibility, I did find a pdf once, might be tucked away in a backup, if I find it, I ll share it here.

As far as I know it subtly alters the Ecu performance maps considering other parameters, ex Throttle position, load, engine temp, boost etc.

The kit mainly adds upto the acceleration, also blips the idle for 2-3 seconds between gear changes, maybe to keep the boost ready.

I've no clue as to why it was deleted, it may have been done in UK, but considering their MoT regulations, I doubt the thriving, probably due to convenience of DPF warnings and so on maybe. As for poor fuel use, I ruled out my fears by testing the injectors.

As for spool-up theoretically the dpf is mated post turbo eh, thus it is an obstruction to the flow, producing mild backpressure as well innit.

More flow of exhaust = more spool.

You mentioned some ECU guy earlier, could you find out from him whether its possible to get the kit for Hiace?

Any idea what changing the gear ratio from 3.909:1 to 3.727:1 does?