• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Nope, Diamond Vision is just another Halogen with Blue coating. Philips Extreme Vision is the Equivalent for Night breakers. one of my friend ordered the Diamond vision and i don't see any difference between Chinese blue coated bulb. less Lumens than Extreme Visions.

That'll be easy to compare...please do post a pic

Nope, Diamond Vision is just another Halogen with Blue coating. Philips Extreme Vision is the Equivalent for Night breakers. one of my friend ordered the Diamond vision and i don't see any difference between Chinese blue coated bulb. less Lumens than Extreme Visions.

Yes they are famed for their 5000K colour, yes the description says their is no added power output, but I surely don't assume them to be as hideous as chinese blue coated bulbs which throw out lumens less than standard. I'll update once they arrive.

6000LM CREE LED Car Headlight Kit 30W each

Apparently these dont need a kit, its plug and play. The bulb comes with an inbuilt cooling fan though

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161678809330?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=460652866346&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$_57.JPG

I guess this is much better choice.. and it's Philips LEDs with Fan-less Heat sinks... :)

http://www.xenondepot.com/led-headlight-bulbs-s/240.htm

Edited by Ruslan

• 3 weeks later...

Fake Osram Night Breaker bulbs

Earlier I bougth a pair of HB4 Night Breakers for my fog lamps from an Osram approved seller which were fine, then couple of weeks back i started looking for a pair performance bulbs for my headlight high beam and came across an pair of HB3 Night Breakers on Aliexpress, surprisingly it was about 1000 bucks cheaper than my fog lamps, I thought these are cheaper cuz it was discounted and went ahead with it. It got delivered pretty quickly and when i opened the casing I sensed a funny paint smell and once I took the bulbs to my hand it made sense, the markings on the bulb were as if somebody has tried to write them with a small brush smudged as if somebody had tried to write with a paint brush

2ivcghx.jpg

2ep4hoz.jpg

I had a slight doubt after seeing this so I took out my fog lamp bulbs and checked and this how the writing on those original bulbs were

x6abur.jpg

Notice how the road legal "E" marking on the fake bulbs have been cut off..

I still went ahead and tried one bulb,

27xdzkw.jpg

I fixed one of those fake bulbs to the right side high beam, notice how my original bulb on the left side is more brighter and more and more spread out. Those fake bulbs aren't white even white either, you can see how white the original Night Breakers are from the light beam of my fog lights right at the bottom below the low beam HID light

And this is a pic of with my original high beam bulbs on both side

hs11z4.jpg

Not just that, the casing of the fake bulb was of very poor quality, it started breaking into pieces when unpacking and the Osram logo on the back of case was pasted where as in the original one its held between clips.

Luckily I managed to get a full refund

Lesson learnt: Never buy branded stuff from un-reputed sellers even if its bit more expensive

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

any one bought a dash cam from e ebay recently??

Sometimes back i bought this DVR cam.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Small-HD-720P-In-Car-Dash-Camera-Video-Register-Recorder-Mini-DVR-Cam-G-sensor-/231576246329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35eb051839

My main concern was that the DVR should not be visible once fixed and should be able to connect to the car video player. this offers all these, but the camera quality especially during night hours is not so great. last time i checked, the same product is available at S*n Lanka for 15,000/=.

Well my Diamond Vision set arrived last friday, and its quite the same story. At first glance one could realize its a horrible duplicate, and I've opened a case and received a refund by now, Its a tedious process to replace the fog lamps in my vehicle so I didn't bother to light them up as they look so crap.

This is the sales package

e6sk03.jpg

The untouched bulb still in packaging, paint already peeling away, mounted crooked

2m47oqp.jpg

1218hhz.jpg

14vmxab.jpg

167p1tj.jpg

imjvw7.jpgFalse labeling claiming it to be German made, and it has space for a price stamp in Rs.

Probably INR

Edited by tiv

machan, I'm not trying to argue with your decisions, but the diamond vision has low light output around 950 lumens. If you had gone with the Philips Xtreme vision or Osram Night breakers unlimited you will have much better output (~1500 lumens)

Again, it's your decision. :)

Oh btw, buy from UK or Germany based sellers.

Edited by NRX
  • Like 2

machan, I'm not trying to argue with your decisions, but the diamond vision has low light output around 950 lumens. If you had gone with the Philips Xtreme vision or Osram Night breakers unlimited you will have much better output (~1500 lumens)

Yup I always purchase from powerbulbs UK, or the performancebulbsuk seller on eBay. I've used most of the Osram Nightbreaker lineage, I wanted something near HID, so went with this, anyways wondering on my next investment,

Whether to go with HIDs (non- projector) but its a low fog / driving lamp hence the less glare I guess, or trusty Nightbreakers, Xtreme Vision,Costly PIAA or the latest CREE setup, opinions/ suggestions?

• Like 1

I agree with that. There's no way a blue tinted blub will provide the same lumens. The tint may look cool, but if you think about it, all its doing is taking away useable light. Plus bluish light is harder on the eyes when driving at dusk and dawn.

Yup I always purchase from powerbulbs UK, or the performancebulbsuk seller on eBay. I've used most of the Osram Nightbreaker lineage, I wanted something near HID, so went with this, anyways wondering on my next investment,

Whether to go with HIDs (non- projector) but its a low fog / driving lamp hence the less glare I guess, or trusty Nightbreakers, Xtreme Vision,Costly PIAA or the latest CREE setup, opinions/ suggestions?

I like you I am constantly on the pursuit of better light output, however you're not going to get anything near HID with Halogen bulbs. The best you're going to get (if you have H7's) are Osram 65W off-road light bulbs. I used them in a stock housing for my previous SUV's high-beams with no issues. True everyone here recommended against it (I didn't open a new thread I read though the old existing ones) but since everyone on the TDI forums reported no issues even after extensive use I took the plunge and ended up using them for about 8 months, with no issues. I'm no expert so I can't say that this set-up will work for you, but it worked for my application, and I have got no negative feedback to give, so if your fog lamps are H7's this may work for you too.

Edited by Kavvz

Well my Diamond Vision set arrived last friday, and its quite the same story. At first glance one could realize its a horrible duplicate, and I've opened a case and received a refund by now, Its a tedious process to replace the fog lamps in my vehicle so I didn't bother to light them up as they look so crap.

This is the sales package

e6sk03.jpg

The untouched bulb still in packaging, paint already peeling away, mounted crooked

2m47oqp.jpg

1218hhz.jpg

14vmxab.jpg

167p1tj.jpg

imjvw7.jpgFalse labeling claiming it to be German made, and it has space for a price stamp in Rs.

Probably INR

Can I see a pic of the writings on the bulb?

These are actually styling, they are for 'looks'

I agree with that. There's no way a blue tinted blub will provide the same lumens. The tint may look cool, but if you think about it all its doing its taking away useable light. Plus bluish light is harder on the eyes when driving at dusk and dawn.

I like you am constantly on the pursuit of better light output, however you're not going to get anything near HID with Halogen bulbs. The best you're going to get(if you have H7's) are Osram 65W off-road light bulbs. I used them in a stock housing for my previous SUV's high-beams with no issues. True everyone here recommended against it (I didn't open a new thread I read though the old existing ones) but since everyone on the TDI forums reported no issues even after extensive use I took the plunge and used them for about 8 months. I'm no expert so I can't say that this set-up will work for you, but it worked for my application, and I have got no negative feedback to give, so if your fog lamps are H7's this may work for you too.

HIDs are good if you're going for a good branded pair, those Chinese ones are rubbish and another thing about HID is that you need to do new wiring.

About off road bulbs, I think halogen bulbs give out more yellow than HID, but the output might be less

A correction to what I said above. the HB4 bulb seems to have output of ~950 lumens regardless of being Xtreme vision (or Night breaker unlimited) or diamond vision it seems. Other socket types of Xtreme vision and Night breaker unlimited such as H1, H7, H3.. have ~1500 lumens, while the Diamond visions are fixed around 950.

Edited by NRX

lol!! At least they are honest about THAT!

HIDs are good if you're going for a good branded pair, those Chinese ones are rubbish and another thing about HID is that you need to do new wiring.

About off road bulbs, I think halogen bulbs give out more yellow than HID, but the output might be less

Yeah, absolutely, non-branded HID kits with dubious quality controls are totally suspect. I'm comparing OEM HID to OEM Halogen: The off-road Oshram's were I think as good as halogens get, but that's still not as good as what an OEM HID setup gives you as Oshram 65w Rallye H7 claims to = 2100 lumens Vs the typical OEM HID bulb output which is close to 3000 lumens. Plus as you point out the light from HID / Xenon headlights is whiter so they would look exceptionally brighter to the naked eye over the output of a halogen bulb even if they had the same lumen output.

Edited by Kavvz

I agree with that. There's no way a blue tinted blub will provide the same lumens. The tint may look cool, but if you think about it, all its doing is taking away useable light. Plus bluish light is harder on the eyes when driving at dusk and dawn.

I like you I am constantly on the pursuit of better light output, however you're not going to get anything near HID with Halogen bulbs. The best you're going to get (if you have H7's) are Osram 65W off-road light bulbs. I used them in a stock housing for my previous SUV's high-beams with no issues. True everyone here recommended against it (I didn't open a new thread I read though the old existing ones) but since everyone on the TDI forums reported no issues even after extensive use I took the plunge and ended up using them for about 8 months, with no issues. I'm no expert so I can't say that this set-up will work for you, but it worked for my application, and I have got no negative feedback to give, so if your fog lamps are H7's this may work for you too.

I too did consider the Osram off-road bulbs, my setup is HB4, but the lights are rather small (110mm diameter) and most of it is of plastic including the lens. So i'm pretty much up for more lumens with less heat.

Can I see a pic of the writings on the bulb?

345y88o.jpg

Pretty much the same stamp mark on your set.

Please do recommend a good HID retrofit, or an eBay seller,

Thanks a lot

A correction to what I said above. the HB4 bulb seems to have output of ~950 lumens regardless of being Xtreme vision (or Night breaker unlimited) or diamond vision it seems. Other socket types of Xtreme vision and Night breaker unlimited such as H1, H7, H3.. have ~1500 lumens, while the Diamond visions are fixed around 950.

Yes, the housings are rather small compared to others.

lol!! At least they are honest about THAT!

Yeah, absolutely, non-branded HID kits with dubious quality controls are totally suspect. I'm comparing OEM HID to OEM Halogen: The off-road Oshram's were I think as good as halogens get, but that's still not as good as what an OEM HID setup gives you as Oshram 65w Rallye H7 claims to = 2100 lumens Vs the typical OEM HID bulb output which is close to 3000 lumens. Plus as you point out the light from HID / Xenon headlights is whiter so they would look exceptionally brighter to the naked eye over the output of a halogen bulb even if they had the same lumen output.

Yes quite true, I still have a feeling the Rally spec bulbs are gonna fry my wiring and the lamp assembly itself, I'd be better of with Nightbreakers,

I also found another Lineage, osram fogbreakers, any experience as we both are geeks for bulbs? They do shine proper bright yellow (2800K) though,

Edited by tiv

Thanks a lot

Yes, the housings are rather small compared to others.

Yes quite true, I still have a feeling the Rally spec bulbs are gonna fry my wiring and the lamp assembly itself, I'd be better of with Nightbreakers,

I also found another Lineage, osram fogbreakers, any experience as we both are geeks for bulbs? They do shine proper bright yellow (2800K) though,

Im using fog breakers for my cars fogs. It does penetrate better during rain and slight fog. With extreme vision, must say its a great combination.

Fair enough. Alternatively you could throw your question up on the http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/content.php forum and see if anyone else is running the same setup and can offer feedback or suggestions.

Never tried Osram fog breakers before but I'm intrigued enough to give them a try if I can get them at a good price. Let me know if you find a good source...

(I revert to using plain old polarized sunglasses in the rain and fog during the day, which although seems weird and counter productive due to the reduced light, they actually let me see further down the road due to the increased contrast / reduced glare from the lights bouncing back off water droplets but that little trick is useless when the light fades...)

The only drawback I see to the fog breakers is that: The yellow fog lights vs bright white light from lower mounted fog lights / driving lights may be counter productive if you drive a lot on side roads in the early morning or evening and need a lot of light to illuminate any ruts in the road. In that scenario I feel the yellowish light wont help you too much, but then again yellow light would probably be handy at dawn or sunset when everything is blue-ish. 'Ruslan' are you able to provide some input on this particular scenario>?

Edited by Kavvz

Got down h3 cree 5000k led set with heat sink for low beams. They are no way near to 5000k cheap HIDs that was there before. So reverted back to old HIDs and wasted 7k on that experiment.