• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Anyone know where I can get the ((X)) Letter Air Freshener from ? Can't seem to find it anywhere not even on Ebay, still have it on our rav4 lasted a long time and it looks cool too want to get one for the Car as well, the ambi pur brand I got for the beamer sucks I got it from Arpico for 600/- this was the 3rd failed air freshener I've bought since I got the car .

Edited by Dinukap4

Arun, how is this holding up ? Does it really have the display it seems to have on the pictures ? Does the buttons illuminate too ? How is the sound quality like compared to car MP3 players ?

Check this out, it looks like its the same.

http://####/en/car-mp3-modulator-cymp3-for-sale-colombo

Digital Auto Tyre Pressure Gauge...... Ordered.. Received within 2 weeks.. tested.... US $5.68 from ebay (free shipping)..

rAUXXjE.jpg?1

PerUeXn.jpg?1

Ebay link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400601166557?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Have no idea about the accuracy.. i set 26 psi for front tyres and 28 psi for rear tyres from a filling station's digital pump and this tyre pressure gauge shows 27.5 front and 29 rear... :speechless-smiley-004:

today i checked the tyre pressure again.. it gave me correct readings. 26 psi for front ant 28 psi for rear. yesterday it gave me bad readings because i checked Tyre pressure after a long run. tyres may be heated and pressure also increased at that moment.. i checked with other two vehicles and works perfectly fine.

What is that thing? And is there a vibrator on it? :action-smiley-015:

It's one of those generic cameras minus the housing to save on size and weight. And yes, it has a vibrator to indicate different modes, so that you don't really need to look at it to start/stop recording and/or take photographs.

• Like 1

It's one of those generic cameras minus the housing to save on size and weight. And yes, it has a vibrator to indicate different modes, so that you don't really need to look at it to start/stop recording and/or take photographs.

Where can I get one of these? Couldn't source them on ebay / dealextreme, maybe my poor key wording?

today i checked the tyre pressure again.. it gave me correct readings. 26 psi for front ant 28 psi for rear. yesterday it gave me bad readings because i checked Tyre pressure after a long run. tyres may be heated and pressure also increased at that moment.. i checked with other two vehicles and works perfectly fine.

Does it give the same figures if you take the readings over an over? Because I bought one (somewhat like the one in this link) and the readings seem to be inconsistant.

Does it give the same figures if you take the readings over an over? Because I bought one (somewhat like the one in this link) and the readings seem to be inconsistant.

ya.. it gives same readings, i checked the pressure many times in all four tyres, both front tyres says 26.0 psi and both rear tyres says 28.0 as i set the tyre pressure earlier. Yesterday i checked the pressure of my frnd's hilux and he told me that he set the tyre pressure 32 psi for all four tyres and the gauge shows 32.0 psi in all four tyres. however item description says accuracy is + or - 1.0 PSI and reading resolution is 0.5PSI.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Assuming this has not published somewhere else, please read

http://www.ebay.com/gds/The-Truth-About-No-Holes-Car-Parking-Sensors-/10000000008152561/g.html

You don't need to drill to fix a reverse sensor. Electromagnetic car parking sensors will help and save the car.

http://youtu.be/_XrmyatXB3Y

Edited by Nishan.dj
  • Like 2

Still working fine machan. Sound quality ok. compared to radio.. may car set doesn't hav CDs. exactly same as above Pictures.

@Arun, Thanks for posting this mate. I also bid for one of these after seeing your comment and won it for only 7USD. It arrived within 2-3 weeks. Used it for few days now and i must say the sound quality is very good compared to other cheap modulators available here and it also doesn't capture external noises. Most of the cheap modulators capture lot of external noise specially radio frequencies of other radio channels which is very irritating. This thing doesn't seem to be doing that. For around 1000 bucks, i must say that this thing is worth every cent. :)

Edited by LashNeo

@Arun, Thanks for posting this mate. I also bid for one of these after seeing your comment and won it for only 7USD. It arrived within 2-3 weeks. Used it for few days now and i must say the sound quality is very good compared to other cheap modulators available here and it also doesn't capture external noises. Most of the cheap modulators capture lot of external noise specially radio frequencies of other radio channels which is very irritating. This thing doesn't seem to be doing that. For around 1000 bucks, i must say that this thing is worth every cent. :)

:alc:

• 2 months later...

i bought this dashcam from ebay and been using it for over an Year , still works fine . even though it roasts in the burning Colombo sun almost every day :mosking: . it got some good options like gps so when playing the video it shows ur location as well. and two cameras so it records both driver and road .
all in all this thing has taken a good lot of beating and still works fine . :D

link to the ebay item : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-X3000-New-Dual-Lens-CAR-DVR-Camera-720p-140-Degree-with-GPS-Logger-HDMI-/181541421516?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item2a44b641cc

686725955_o.jpg

Edited by Dushee001

i bought this dashcam from ebay and been using it for over an Year , still works fine . even though it roasts in the burning Colombo sun almost every day :mosking: . it got some good options like gps so when playing the video it shows ur location as well. and two cameras so it records both driver and road .

all in all this thing has taken a good lot of beating and still works fine . :D

link to the ebay item : http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-7-X3000-Dual-Lens-Dashboard-Camera-Car-DVR-GPS-G-sensor-Dash-Cam-Recorder-/151373039966?pt=US_CSA_WC_Outerwear&hash=item233e89495e

686725955_o.jpg

It says it doesn't ship to Sri lanka

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a totally different experience with this. Won it from an auction for ~7USD and received the item after 3 months :D Even I got a refund from the seller. After receiving I thought of paying the seller back. But the darn thing only worked for 2 minutes, then the volume got very low with static noises. And it would sometimes transmit in wrong frequencies. Threw the thing away and flashed a custom rom to the phone with the FM transmitter functionality :)

Edited by NRX

I meant it as a test...so you can isolate the issue, camera or memory card.

Most cards available on ebay and the like are fakes.

So try a card you know for a fact is a class 10. If it works, your camera is fine, buy the right card and you can go record in 1080p. If it doesn't work, the camera has a issue. Take it up with the seller.

If you can't find a class 10 card, try 360p or 480p quality. The buffer won't fill as quickly as with 1080p so the card will be able to keep up. But without a class 10 card, you won't be able to tell for sure i your camera is shot or not.

There's some crazy shit way of making a flash memory look larger than it is.

As soon as you start using it it will say 1GB (oe wathever fake value). But once you exceed it's actual capacity (say 128MB) everything beyond 128 gets corrupted. And you have no choice but to reformat the card. And when you reformat it, it starts showing the actual capacity of 128MB. This happened to me when I bought a flash mp3 player online and was suckered. Since then I prefer to buy storage devices locally, so that I can go get my money back if something gets messed up.

edit: The class 4 class 10 issue doesnt matter for these cameras. Class 4 is fast enough to write 1080p 30fps or 720p 60fps without any problem. I use a class 4 myself.

Thanks guys for your inputs. After some hectic times at work, got around to looking in to my dash cam's memory card issue. Fed up of the chinese cards, got a Kingston 32gb Micro SD Class 10 card from m*m*ry.lk with 'lifetime' warranty.

Installed on last Monday evening and working like a charm so far. Hopefully it will go on. No lost clips, no crashing and the likes so far.

The card cost me LKR3,600/- where as the cam cost approx LKR6,750/-

Cosidering the cost, I would say the G1W and the Original memory card are a worthy investment, especially when considering all the possible nightmares on our roads.

Edited by SanjeevMahen

This is actually not for a car. But definitely worth for the price. I had to pay Rs 810/= as taxes. Can use even in day time in a dim lit, lights offed room.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161401416819?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How is the picture quality and refresh rate? Is it good enough to watch a movie?

Also to what extent does it heat up? Projectors generally need dust-free temperature controlled environments. How does this fare?

According to the positive feedback on the seller it seems genuine, but why take the risk. You can easily buy this product here for around 3k. Furthermore, you would not know what the customs duties would be like and although it says shipping is free you would not get the product until next year.

Can't tell authenticity from the photo mate. But did you check the price of this in SL? I've seen the paste wax at shops here. The car wash I go to in Kandy actively uses them. May be cheaper to get from SL.

Was considering this myself, but looks fake so I gave up, would appreciate any more input :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by tiv

Can't tell authenticity from the photo mate. But did you check the price of this in SL? I've seen the paste wax at shops here. The car wash I go to in Kandy actively uses them. May be cheaper to get from SL.

And where in kandy? Can you pls pm me.. Thanks