• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

There's some crazy shit way of making a flash memory look larger than it is.

As soon as you start using it it will say 1GB (oe wathever fake value). But once you exceed it's actual capacity (say 128MB) everything beyond 128 gets corrupted. And you have no choice but to reformat the card. And when you reformat it, it starts showing the actual capacity of 128MB. This happened to me when I bought a flash mp3 player online and was suckered. Since then I prefer to buy storage devices locally, so that I can go get my money back if something gets messed up.

edit: The class 4 class 10 issue doesnt matter for these cameras. Class 4 is fast enough to write 1080p 30fps or 720p 60fps without any problem. I use a class 4 myself.

Edited by Watchman

I think this ebay sellers are sending defected items. My camera is not working now, bt it lasted nearly 5 months. i thinks its a genuine G1W, bt its a defected item. seller refund me 30% after complaining about its charging problem. when i open the camera, i have noticed that it is same as Dash cam talk picture and based on Novatek Nt 96650 processor. if your camera is out of focus you can change the focus by rotating the lens of the Cmos sensor.

please check if your camera is recording ".avi" format or it doesn't have a HDMI port, its a fake.

i think 16 GB micro SD Class10 works perfectly with most of dash cams. Please don't purchase from Ebay. most of them are fake. I am also a victim of a fake 32GB micro SD form ebay. Waste of money and waiting time.. :/

How ever a Dashcam is essential for me,,, i ordered another model from ebay. This time from a top rated seller and famous store. I will definitely upload a footage after receving the camera. Durability is the problem, since this items are form china... :speechless-smiley-004:

G1WH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400676785477?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

1JWshOR.jpg?1

Edited by arun-online

The seller being top rated won' ensure the quality of the products they carry. Many Chinese sellers who carry no-name products have top rated status. I believe the rating is based on other criteria.

Make sure you read the description word for word before buying. The sellers are careful not to falsely represent their products, but you have to be smart enough to pick out what's missing.

For example, I was looking around for a motorcycle jacket recently and came across a beautiful Alpinestars jacket for less than 200USD shipped. I almost jumped at it but reading through the listing, I noticed that all the pictures came from the Alpinestars site, but the listing didn't have "Alpinestars" mentioned anywhere. If I bought it, I would've got a duplicate.

On Cameras, There's a camera range called Contour which packs as much as tech as a GoPro but not as expensive. Still will cost more than the generic dash cams, but will outlast them for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

G1WH DVR received yesterday. seemz working fine.. video quality ok. 1080p full HD. Microphone gives some noise. Check some footages... please set youtube video quality setting to 1080p HD to view the actural video quality from DVR.

Edited by arun-online

Are you guys using these video cams for insurance purpose or just for entertainment purpose?

My purpose is two fold, both of which you've mentioned.

Firstly, I travel around a bit. So hoping to capture some interesting/amusing scenes/actions/driving scenarios.

Secondly, hoping to prove my position incase of an accident.

Few years ago, a middle aged lady without license, in her husband's allion, took me out at an intersection. Touch wood I wasn't hurt. If I had a dashcam, I could've easily proved that it was her fault, since I was from her right and I was half way across the intersection, when she rammed in to me at about 60/70kmph. If I had a dashcam at that time, I could've proved my position and claimed from her/husband/their insurance. But at that time I let her go with a small compensation from her husband and claimed from my insurance.

Had a similar 32 gig affair. Kept knocking into it when I shift machan. And that led to the connection disrupting and eventually the drive got corrupt. Aparaade. This you can't even see its there. Hence my choice. Not an issue if you have an auto I suppose. I'm getting one for the Datsun too.

Had a similar 32 gig affair. Kept knocking into it when I shift machan. And that led to the connection disrupting and eventually the drive got corrupt. Aparaade. This you can't even see its there. Hence my choice. Not an issue if you have an auto I suppose. I'm getting one for the Datsun too.

i dont use this on this on the car but its quite small. I use CDs :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271257339582?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

5$. 8 gigs. tiny, black, and doesn't get in the way of shifting. i love it. holds all my songs. plug and forget. patta. works like a charm.

i wouldnt recommend these unbranded flash drives. If size really isnt the deciding factor go for a branded one. These random stuff sometimes dont work, or are 'made to look' like higher capacities than they actually are.

My purpose is two fold, both of which you've mentioned.

Firstly, I travel around a bit. So hoping to capture some interesting/amusing scenes/actions/driving scenarios.

Secondly, hoping to prove my position incase of an accident.

Few years ago, a middle aged lady without license, in her husband's allion, took me out at an intersection. Touch wood I wasn't hurt. If I had a dashcam, I could've easily proved that it was her fault, since I was from her right and I was half way across the intersection, when she rammed in to me at about 60/70kmph. If I had a dashcam at that time, I could've proved my position and claimed from her/husband/their insurance. But at that time I let her go with a small compensation from her husband and claimed from my insurance.

Has anyone used a dash cam video as evidence in courts in SL ?

If so nice if you can share your experience w.r.t the camera and the recording pls.

As I have heard (which may be right or wrong), to claim insurance from the other party, one needs to go through a court case and be proved that the other party was wrong.

Just curious bcos ...

Sometime back at an exhibition, the police were showing video recordings of accidents from cameras located at various junctions. I asked a police officer whether a dash cam recording is considered as evidence. He said yes (but pls kindly check this and don't go by what I said), but it is up to you to prove that the video recording is genuine as the other party can question it. Yet to follow up on that though.

which returns me to the topic of dash cams ... :-)

I tried out a dash cam (cheap ++ :speechless-smiley-003: ) that I picked up from Fort some time back.

Had several concerns -

froze when the unit got hot (no pun intended) - was running off 12v. Well if no recording, nothing to show in courts :)

unless i drove every day, the battery charge could not keep the settings till next time, which meant the date and time got reset. So if you forgot to set it, the date and time on the recording is wrong. What would courts say if date time wrong in recording.

could read number plate of car right in front. Not clear enough or can't read at all for cars on the side or some distance away.

so on a hit and run case or another situation, no number plate to show in the recording. May be only color of car, possibly make and any dents to go by in courts. So can't show number plate of car. (hmm anyway, if another car came from the side and hit you, the camera may not record the number plate or anything, unless you have a camera setup that covers 360 deg :-> )

What are your ideas and experience ?

Has anyone used a dash cam video as evidence in courts in SL ?

If so nice if you can share your experience w.r.t the camera and the recording pls.

As I have heard (which may be right or wrong), to claim insurance from the other party, one needs to go through a court case and be proved that the other party was wrong.

Just curious bcos ...

Sometime back at an exhibition, the police were showing video recordings of accidents from cameras located at various junctions. I asked a police officer whether a dash cam recording is considered as evidence. He said yes (but pls kindly check this and don't go by what I said), but it is up to you to prove that the video recording is genuine as the other party can question it. Yet to follow up on that though.

which returns me to the topic of dash cams ... :-)

I tried out a dash cam (cheap ++ :speechless-smiley-003: ) that I picked up from Fort some time back.

Had several concerns -

froze when the unit got hot (no pun intended) - was running off 12v. Well if no recording, nothing to show in courts :)

unless i drove every day, the battery charge could not keep the settings till next time, which meant the date and time got reset. So if you forgot to set it, the date and time on the recording is wrong. What would courts say if date time wrong in recording.

could read number plate of car right in front. Not clear enough or can't read at all for cars on the side or some distance away.

so on a hit and run case or another situation, no number plate to show in the recording. May be only color of car, possibly make and any dents to go by in courts. So can't show number plate of car. (hmm anyway, if another car came from the side and hit you, the camera may not record the number plate or anything, unless you have a camera setup that covers 360 deg :-> )

What are your ideas and experience ?

Machan don't think too much.. Don't you think having a dash cam is safer than without having any evidence except your self (the one who drive) in a case of accident and think you are the only one at the moment in your vehicle. And the other thing If you met with an accident and you did the mistake, then you can simply format the memory card and be silent. Having something is better than nothing.. B)

- probably you are using a fake dash cam. i have used 3 types of cheap dash cams from ebay (35$, 52$ and 56$) so far. 35 $ still working bt bad video qulaity , 52 $ one is dead. 56$ one received 4 days ago. None of them had problems like your one. anway if date and time resets always you can turn off the date stamp on videos and say to the police this camera doesn't show date.. ;)

- if you are more worried about accidents you can fix many cameras to cover the 360 degrees of your vehicle. there are some Car DVR which have two cameras to cover the front and the back of the vehicle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hd-Dv-Dual-Camera-Lens-Car-Vehicle-Dvr-Cam-Dash-Video-Recorder-G-sensor-Motion/351055828783?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222006%26algo%3DSIC.FITP%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107083349%26meid%3D6636999975100383899%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D20140107083349%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D181224904510

- I use dash cam for my pleasure, career purposes and to be used as a evidence in an accident for my safty.

Edited by arun-online

@Others,

Bit of a feedback about this item I posted sometime back http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rain-X-RainX-Windshield-Solution-Repels-Water-3-5oz-/270888055923?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f122fb473&vxp=mtr

Initially I thought this was a scam and after using it, I'm impressed. This will seriously change the way you drive in wet weather. With shipping it would cost around Rs2500. I have applied it only once so far, and the effects have lasted after 2 weeks.

More feedback on RainX :

As I mentioned earlier, this works and improves wet weather driving. However, there are several things you should be aware:

One application lasts for like 1-2 months in general. Then in begins to wear off. When it wears off, you will see some streaking when the wipers are on. When this happens you have two options.

1. Re-apply rainX coating.

2. Remove it completed.

If you re-apply everything will be fine. But if you want to remove it, there are not many products that can get it off. I have tried stuff ranging from 3M glass cleaner to claybar but none of them got rid of it completely. Apparently it forms a molecular bond when applied. The only product I could get it off with was RainX Extreme Clean. This is not available in SL or in Ebay - I talked to a US seller on ebay to send it down for me with special shipping charges. Just thought people should know of this concern before applying it.

my camera also having a problem in charging. So i ask from the seller about it before giving feedback (ddnt open a case in ebay). then seller refund me 30% (15 USD). how ever im still using it.

I too have the same charging problem on this camera. Actually I always have to plug it to 12v to function. Charge doesnt hold for at least 5 mins.

Edited by ramishkad

I too have the same charging problem on this camera. Actually I always have to plug it to 12v to function. Charge doesnt hold for at least 5 mins.

When it is using in vehicle it should be always connected to the charger and this is how the camera gets the feedback weather ignition key on or off. Recording starts automatically after key in on and It stops recording when you turn off the key.

I think they have very little battery just for keep the settings and date and time. 280mAh i think. When i need to check the records, im normally keeping the camera at the vehicle and take out only the Micro SD.

Machan don't think too much.. Don't you think having a dash cam is safer than without having any evidence except your self (the one who drive) in a case of accident and think you are the only one at the moment in your vehicle. And the other thing If you met with an accident and you did the mistake, then you can simply format the memory card and be silent. Having something is better than nothing.. B)

Yep, totally agree. :)

Thanks for the info links.

Edited by eyepea

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends,

Any of you have tried this type of Type R multifunction strobe for your vehicle (Not while running but may be for parking or so.) ?

Ebay

Do not know whether it is legal but for parking I have seen one land cruiser got those at Union Place.

Edited by Nishan.dj

• 2 months later...
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

i got this one 2day... works fine ... far better than a cheap modulators...

came home within 10 days.... :party-smiley-019:

gseGh.jpg

vZSAT.jpg

CpEi2.jpg

7Uhuq.jpg

tc511.jpg

Arun, how is this holding up ? Does it really have the display it seems to have on the pictures ? Does the buttons illuminate too ? How is the sound quality like compared to car MP3 players ?

Edited by NRX

Arun, how is this holding up ? Does it really have the display it seems to have on the pictures ? Does the buttons illuminate too ? How is the sound quality like compared to car MP3 players ?

Still working fine machan. Sound quality ok. compared to radio.. may car set doesn't hav CDs. exactly same as above Pictures.

Digital Auto Tyre Pressure Gauge...... Ordered.. Received within 2 weeks.. tested.... US $5.68 from ebay (free shipping)..

rAUXXjE.jpg?1

PerUeXn.jpg?1

Ebay link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400601166557?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Have no idea about the accuracy.. i set 26 psi for front tyres and 28 psi for rear tyres from a filling station's digital pump and this tyre pressure gauge shows 27.5 front and 29 rear... :speechless-smiley-004:

Edited by arun-online
  • Like 1