• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

hi,

this is not about car gadget, is there anyone who purchased used phones (iPhone, galaxy s2,etc..) from ebay..?

Well unlike cars, second hand phones have a really low market value in SL! You might as well buy from here.

• 7 months later...

Hi guys has anyone tried ebay GPS units that is available around $50 - $100. Those are with Windows CE 6.0 operating system and built in GPS reciever?

I wanted to those small mp3 player. Then came across these units.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Inch-GPS-Navigation-4GB-Card-TTS-POI-2010-Map-CE-5-FM-/120680867800?pt=GPS_Devices&hash=item1c1923e7d8

• 7 months later...
Useful Magnetic Wristband for DIY work

81BJiqEtVdL._SL1500_.jpg

Thats a cool and handy thing I always wanted to have. Thanks for sharing XBeat. The coolest deal of Magnogrip I found is this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MagnoGrip-311-090-Magnetic-Wristband-Brand-NEW-Free-Shipping-/261301452396?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd6c7be6c

This option is also attractive (From UK)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MagnoGrip-311-090-Magnetic-Wristband-/111184799465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19e32166e9

MINIACE

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Orderd a wireless reverse camera and monitor from e bay.

All i got was a wire camera with incompatible connecting AV cable and monitor.

I sent a message to seller and bugger want me to resend it for replacement.

It already took 35 days to reach and resending and replacement will coat me two more months.

In product description it clearly describes a wirelesss camera with all photos.

What should i do at this stage.

hey...

i am willing to order one of these for my cab. it's a windscreen mounted strobe light. i want to know weather this one is illegal in Sri Lanka. All 4 leds are white in colour. costs abt US $ 12.81 (free shipping).

fOQv8n6.jpg?1

jTiogO9.jpg?1

62QRT4c.gif?1

See video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_9Vop3S43nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by arun-online

It already took 35 days to reach and resending and replacement will coat me two more months.

You can open a case in paypal's resolution center under paypal buyer protection. There should be a link next to your item in purchase history to open a case.

hey...

i am willing to order one of these for my cab. it's a windscreen mounted strobe light. i want to know weather this one is illegal in Sri Lanka. All 4 leds are white in colour. costs abt US $ 12.81 (free shipping).

It is illegal to mount front facing lights above the level of the headlights.

Extra two lights could be fitted to a motor vehicle parallel to the head lights or below. It can be even a fog lights.

Source: http://www.police.lk/index.php/traffic-police/55

• Like 4

You can open a case in paypal's resolution center under paypal buyer protection. There should be a link next to your item in purchase history to open a case.

Since the seller has accepted to replace them, I guess that should be the first option regardless of how long it would take. This I say since I assume ebay would ask you to do so first.

What was the seller's rating?

It is illegal to mount front facing lights above the level of the headlights.

Source: http://www.police.lk/index.php/traffic-police/55

thanks friend. Its a useful link..

anyway i think, this doesn't affect the view of the driver of front coming vehicles, it only increases the visibility of our vehicle. (and to scare the Police guys too). I have seen some private vehicles with this kind of a strobe light on the road.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8Df0q7zB-6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by arun-online

anyway i think, this doesn't affect the view of the driver of front coming vehicles, it only increases the visibility of our vehicle. (and to scare the Police guys too). I have seen some private vehicles with this kind of a strobe light on the road.

Really? To scare the police? I'm no big fan of our cops either but that sort of attitude is really showing us where this country is going. I just hope you haven't got a more sinister motive to "scare the police guys" other than just being a wannabe V*P.

On a similar note recently on my way home on leave, I was stopped at Omanthai checkpoint and asked for my id, normally they just wave me through. But when I asked why, apparently some jokers are even using Police stickers on their windscreen so they have to check anyway. Thanks a lot dude!

• Like 1

And the reason why our doc passes were almost taken away. Well said, Sharky. Why in the world do you want a strobe??

komisiripala,

Have the government requested the doctors to remove the Doctors red and blue Pass from the windshield?

I know the police is not allowing any stickers only black strip WITHOUT ANY LETTERS on the W/S.

Police requested me to remove few white LED light strip I had on my front below H/L. Above the buffer. they wanted my drivers license.

Remove that and show the vehicle at traffic Police fort. I did not give the drivers License.

What is shown the LED strobe lights there is a chap who makes them in SL.

If you want one I can get him to make as a trial order, they do not cost much money.

Please inform your requirement. I will get it done and give you to try. With no cost to you.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

...What is shown the LED strobe lights there is a chap who makes them in SL.

If you want one I can get him to make as a trial order, they do not cost much money.

Please inform your requirement. I will get it done and give you to try. With no cost to you.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, as a favour to me and all of Autolanka, please don't sell items to individuals, or encourage individuals who want to attach strobe lights to the front of their cars. Clearly there is no purpose for such products other than to intimidate or annoy other drivers. We all have enough trouble driving on the road on a daily basis; the last thing anyone of us needs is an idiot / self-centred individual flashing a strobe light into our rear view mirrors at night.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 2

You don't think this will affect the view of an oncoming driver or the driver in front of you? Seriously? The video link you posted state that these lights are for use by emergency vehicles, and that they are high intensity strobe lights. It also goes onto show footage that supports the view that these lights can be seen from 1/4 of a mile away. You either didn't watch the video or must think we're really naive.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Sylvi, as a favour to me and all of Autolanka, please don't sell items to individuals, or encourage individuals who want to attach strobe lights to the front of their cars. Clearly there is no purpose for such products other than to intimidate or annoy other drivers. We all have enough trouble driving on the road on a daily basis; the last thing anyone of us needs is an idiot / self-centred individual flashing a strobe light into our rear view mirrors at night.

Absolutely right Kavvz. It is a favour not only to AL but to the society at large! One can have whatever the fancy gadgets fixed to a vehicle but must make sure they would not end up being a nuisance to others. We have enough vehicles on road with lights of various colors flickering at night which are real nuisance to others drivers, we do not want anther addition to their wares in the form of a strobe light. No wonder we are identified as a nation who does not respect others freedom and rights. Forget about this kind of strobe lights, I even find LED brake lights a nuisance. However, I do not know if it is a common thing for others too or only for me.

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 2

Well said guys, this type of poser mods will lead to much more stringent blanket bans in the future. There's enough and more nonsense going on with traffic police and this type of stupid s#it will only fuel the fire.

On the other hand, a removable strobe 'might' be useful if someone breaks down in an unlit, dark street. (Good old hazrad lights seem to work for me but to each it's own) Mounting one permenantly to flash at other drivers and to "scare the police guys" (read being a d-bag) is plain stupid.

• Like 3

Guys I'm thinking of getting a this kind of a lip for my E30 too. Can I get it done with plastic from local places. And below product says FRP and CFRP.. any idea about local materials we use here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-89-91-EVO-M3-Style-Lip-Spoiler-Body-Kit/231113017322?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D3437970611999996454%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D231105198840%26

ll our DTMFiberWerkz bumpers are made here in USA in FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) and CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic) finish

Guys I'm thinking of getting a this kind of a lip for my E30 too. Can I get it done with plastic from local places. And below product says FRP and CFRP.. any idea about local materials we use here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-89-91-EVO-M3-Style-Lip-Spoiler-Body-Kit/231113017322?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D3437970611999996454%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D231105198840%26

Shouldn't be a big issue. You can get it done from a fibre place and import the CF cloth required and ask them to wrap the lip with it. Make sure you get it done with Epoxy resin and not polyester resin to avoid losing the finish and the muddy hue build up.

Edited by Hoonigan