• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Probably The Worst In Sl, Pc After Sales Service @ Pc Ho#se

cmxjn

Hi! you guys have had any experiences with PC vendors specially with after sales service (warranty etc..)?? 2 warranty claims with them.

1. 1 laptop i brought from Dubai gave me troubles. It was under International warranty and i gave to PC Ho#se to fix it. What they did was they kept the computer with them for 1 month and did nothing. They never give a feed back. I used to call every week and ask for an update. Their normal answer is "the pc is sent to s'pore and in a few weeks it will be ok".Next day i called them and told that i'll collect the computer, to my surprise they said ok. How come it come to SL next day?? so They are basically liars for customers. I talked to the manager about this. He seemed like "I don't give a shi!!". The staff from the bottom to the top is with this attitude.

2. 2nd pc also gave some problems gave to them as usual.This was purchased from PC Ho#se it self. As usual "the pc is sent to s'pore and in a few weeks it will be ok" it took more than 6 weeks. Even when i talked to the manager they try to slip away. Like "sir i'll call in 1 hr with the update" they never show up again. Finally one day they called me and told to collect the computer next day. so next afternoon i went to collect, guess what the pc is not ready "PC eka iye hawasa awe". what an answer. Irresponsible from the tip to toe.

So Guy Stay FAR FAR AWAY from these Ho#se buggers.

Hi! you guys have had any experiences with PC vendors specially with after sales service (warranty etc..)?? 2 warranty claims with them.

1. 1 laptop i brought from Dubai gave me troubles. It was under International warranty and i gave to PC Ho#se to fix it. What they did was they kept the computer with them for 1 month and did nothing. They never give a feed back. I used to call every week and ask for an update. Their normal answer is "the pc is sent to s'pore and in a few weeks it will be ok".Next day i called them and told that i'll collect the computer, to my surprise they said ok. How come it come to SL next day?? so They are basically liars for customers. I talked to the manager about this. He seemed like "I don't give a shi!!". The staff from the bottom to the top is with this attitude.

2. 2nd pc also gave some problems gave to them as usual.This was purchased from PC Ho#se it self. As usual "the pc is sent to s'pore and in a few weeks it will be ok" it took more than 6 weeks. Even when i talked to the manager they try to slip away. Like "sir i'll call in 1 hr with the update" they never show up again. Finally one day they called me and told to collect the computer next day. so next afternoon i went to collect, guess what the pc is not ready "PC eka iye hawasa awe". what an answer. Irresponsible from the tip to toe.

I think this is common in most of SL PC vendors. Not only PC Ho#se, i have gone through sh!! with Barkl#$s when i came to claim warranty for a Intel M/B. I had enough with it. It was the last time i bought assembled PCs. I think its worth to buy branded PCs / Laptops than wasting time with poor quality assembled ones. (eg compare bootup time with Dell i5 and a assembled core i5 machine)smile.gif

I have a dell inspiron and one great sunny day it decided not to power on. So I took it to this place close to Williams Grinding Mill upon some idiots recommendation and kaboom. Some 3000 for diagnosis and some 10,000 or 12,000 thousand to fix it. It was probably the power switch my guess but knew it was something small. I was too lazy to bring it back to the US and ship it back to Dell so get it done. Iv never felt ripped off on a computer like that before.

Asked how much to replace a keyboard, 8000 bucks! Came back here, bought a keyboard off ebay for $12.00, watched a youtube video how to remove it and Kaboom working good as new ever since.

Laptop repairs i've heard is a nightmare in our country, many horror stories.

• Like 2

I think this is common in most of SL PC vendors. Not only PC Ho#se, i have gone through sh!! with Barkl#$s when i came to claim warranty for a Intel M/B. I had enough with it. It was the last time i bought assembled PCs. I think its worth to buy branded PCs / Laptops than wasting time with poor quality assembled ones. (eg compare bootup time with Dell i5 and a assembled core i5 machine)smile.gif

Hi kmeeg,

The whole story was about branded stuff. 2 s#ms#ng laptops. Got a assembled desktop myself but all from used parts. Fetched the parts from a place called J comp#ters narahenpita.

I have a dell inspiron and one great sunny day it decided not to power on. So I took it to this place close to Williams Grinding Mill upon some idiots recommendation and kaboom. Some 3000 for diagnosis and some 10,000 or 12,000 thousand to fix it. It was probably the power switch my guess but knew it was something small. I was too lazy to bring it back to the US and ship it back to Dell so get it done. Iv never felt ripped off on a computer like that before.

Asked how much to replace a keyboard, 8000 bucks! Came back here, bought a keyboard off ebay for $12.00, watched a youtube video how to remove it and Kaboom working good as new ever since.

Lanka Laptop House? :) I bought my Atom from there. Apparently they dealt with our company too.

And if you are buying laptops/PCs from outside Sri Lanka, please be aware whether they are providing the international warranty in Sri Lanka. I have a bad experience with Acer. Although they have an agent (Mertopxxxxxn) here, they do not provide International warranty. For any warranty claims, I need to send it to India or Singapore and I will have to bare all the costs and risks associated with freight.

Yezzir thats the place. Whats an Atom if I may ask? They dealt with MIT???

Atom is the Intel Atom processor. Powers netbooks and stuff. And they did apparently, I even confirmed with a guy in our operations division. But then, haven't been there since I bought the netbook. They still owe me a usb wifi dongle which I paid for and didn't pick up. Also picked up one of those EZY Slimtops (Atom powered desktop) from there for my sis, they have been using that for a couple of years too.

Atom is the Intel Atom processor. Powers netbooks and stuff. And they did apparently, I even confirmed with a guy in our operations division. But then, haven't been there since I bought the netbook. They still owe me a usb wifi dongle which I paid for and didn't pick up. Also picked up one of those EZY Slimtops (Atom powered desktop) from there for my sis, they have been using that for a couple of years too.

how much was the slimtop .....what is the config...thinking of getting one...

And if you are buying laptops/PCs from outside Sri Lanka, please be aware whether they are providing the international warranty in Sri Lanka. I have a bad experience with Acer. Although they have an agent (Mertopxxxxxn) here, they do not provide International warranty. For any warranty claims, I need to send it to India or Singapore and I will have to bare all the costs and risks associated with freight.

i agree 100%....my friend got a toshiba and went to the so called agents after bringing it from US due to a small malfunction....they spotted some scratch mark on the cover and came to the conclusion that the laptop had fallen down and that was the fault of the problem....al at once just over the counter..... :angry:

our fellows will never learn.....they also remove standard items that come with the product and sell it as addition...for example lumala bikes come with a factory fitted dynamo and also square light for night riding.....this fellows remove it and then sell it as another addon :lol:

this happens even for cars,,,,,,remember that thread where the VIVA elite had come with immobiliser.......

they sure have ripped you off.... :D

Can someone please recommend a place for me to repair a laptop?? my problem is not powering on and the brand is Acer..

Thanks in advance.

Metropolixxn computers undertake Acer repairs. My problem was similar to yours and initially they recommended replacing whole motherboard as there is no separate power unit in my model which costs some 50000/= (laptop only costs me 80000). However they were able to repair the board for 20000.

Guys, for Branded stuff like HP, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo...............always go to their authorized representatives in the country. Their price may be high, but they will not send it to Singapore for repairs and they will give you much better service. If they do not, you can always complain to the parent company and get a resolution.

And when you are buying overseas, make sure the warranty does apply here. Some International warranties has exceptions. Hope this helps.

The reason they grew up so fast with regard to PC h****se is not that they are very good at costumer service.They were just in time to start importing PCs to sri lanka when the demand for PC was high....and that gave them they edge.... There is saying that in order to survive you need to be the best, biggest or the first into the market and this case was that they were the first and the probably became the biggest.i have also gone through a lot from these guys.

and the manager attitude well that is every where in that place....just out of curiosity where did you go to is it close to the green cabin or unity....

100% agreed. Not only PCs I saw even phones

i dont agree......it can be cars primarily but AL is fast becoming a place where lot of men( no offence to the fairer sex) meet and discuss there issues so talking about a phone or the music they listen or PC they use or even the shaving cream the prefer is ok i guess as a thread... :D

almost all of the pc's i have are assembled one so far i don't have any problems reclaiming my warranty with them when comparing boot up time in both assembled and branded time is very similar but branded one is boot up little faster than assembled one but when comparing price of the branded one(let's think you go for a core i5) you can easily buy a assembled core i7 for same price with more ram more hard disk space and good VGA card(like 1gb) for same price now comparing both of them assembled one is much faster and offer many more than branded pc. :)

edited

Edited by nexus

Members,

Today Srilanka Branded Computer companies are like Motor Vehicle Agents they sell minimum 50% profit their stuff.If not they cannot exist almost all computers desktop and laptops have Chinese parts in them. I use three desktop computers they are all assembled with spare bought from Unity Plaza.Only my laptop I bought for Rs.95000.00 from the agent Acer which is three years old only one time this laptop gave trouble DVD Disc drive the agent company wanted 17500.00 for the repair. I got a new one for Rs,7500.00 U/P. Gave Rs.1000.00 got it fitted through my computer repairer he works for a reputed computer repair and network service Business only thing he comes after work at 6PM. One visit to do a full formatting and new software installing he charges Rs. 1000.00. per computer if it is a small job minimum is Rs.500.00.

I have had number of repairers who do visits to my home and do repairs for more than a decade some are real liars will rob from what is on my table software discs small items Etc Etc.Once I bought two normal land line telephones from a leading computer spares dealer even SLT do deal their products with warranty when one unit gave trouble I took same to the place where I bought same they request me to take the faulty telephone to their repair shop which is about 10 Kms away from the place. I requested to speak to their proprietor as I know him personalty the sales people and head of that office says they do not have his telephone number with them I lost my temper hit the telephone instrument in their office ground in front of other customers and came out as I had the proprietors telephone number with me I told him what hat happened in his sales out let he was surprised as they have a transport system twice a day morning and noon within the repair shop and the outlet.

This is not the first experience of above nature what I have had in my country few years ago I had given a Nikon camera to repair to srilanka agent he said there some spares are not with him and have to get them down from Singapore and it will take some time under 45 days I said OK then 3 months passed every time I contact them they say they did not get the correct part next time in 10 days they get some spares that part is included in that I can have my camera in 15 days.I requested the camera back from the owner of the shop he gave me immediately. I took that camera to Singapore Nikon camera service center at Tebarn gardens they informs me that this camera in srilanka do not have tools to open out. They repaired same and returned to my hotel where I was.

Srilanka is still a developing country we cannot expect the develop counties service and the integrity here. this is my opinion.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

almost all of the pc's i have are assembled one so far i don't have any problems reclaiming my warranty with them when comparing boot up time in both assembled and branded time is similar but branded one is boot up little faster than assembled one but when comparing price of the branded one(let's think you go for a core i5) you can easily buy a assembled core i7 for same price with more ram more hard disk space and good VGA card(like 1gb) for same price now comparing both of them assembled one is much faster and offer many more than branded pc. :)

Similar but different? really? :rolleyes: You contradict your own point there.

The few seconds difference in boot up is not the final outcome but merely a small indication. Once you start running more resource heavy atuff you're gonna realize it.

ok i (actually my dad) once bought a assembled computer from PC house around 2002-2003

and even at that time the custormer service was Horrible..

after that in 2003 agaun we bought another from Extreame computers.. till now.. all the computers i bought assembled is from there and im happy with there custormer service.

and as for laptops. the best place is the Colombo Tech Zone. the Kandy branch after sale custormer care is horrible as well

i have repaired few laptops from Tech zone till now from the colombo branch and im really satisfied.

Similar but different? really? :rolleyes: You contradict your own point there.

The few seconds difference in boot up is not the final outcome but merely a small indication. Once you start running more resource heavy atuff you're gonna realize it.

sorry i will going to say it very similar any ways i edit it now

what you say is true when comparing same spec assembled one and branded one but the point i making is for the same price you paying to branded one you can buy a higher spec assembled one and it will be faster.