• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2007 Allion 260 Vs 2007 Premio 260

kevin1462

16 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 2007 Allion 260
    • 2007 Premio 260

Hey folks! I'm curious about these two cars. One of my friends told me that both the cars have same engines and the 2007 Premio is designed for people over 40 and Allion is designed for young people with the sporty looks. According to him allion is lil cheaper than Premio but the second hand value is lower than alion because some body parts/chrome parts or that sort of stuff are hard to find. Also I'm interested in buying one of these cars but I seriously don't know what's the best choice for our country. I'm going to sell it after 5years so it should have a good second hand value too. Experts please enlighten me.

2007 Allion 260

Allion_Front.jpg

2007 Premio 260

toyota_corona_premio_a1236349687b2488485_orig.jpg

If I got 10 rupees every time the words 'Allion' and 'Premio' were included in a heading I'd be the richest man in the country within a week.

I dunno machan,I'm sort of glad to see them back after all that hybrid fake tree hugger crap.

• Like 1

hey guys I went through this site and found out that there's no proper comparison of these two models that's why I posted this. I didn't ask stupid questions like how many mpg I can get from these models and how much will these cars cost in the market I just want some help from some real owners of these cars to make a decision. The second hand value matters because last time I bought a 2005 toyota Hilux vigo 2.5l 2wd extra cab without doing my homework for 3M and then my mother and grand parents couldn't get down or get in because it came with only two doors so i had to sell it for only 2.5m. So this time I thought that I'll do my homework before spending my hard earned money. Please help me guys I really don't want to make fun of these cars or the owners or this site.

92341298.jpg

95013202.jpg

Edited by kevin1462

If it is to select between those 2 I'll go for the premio

It's better looking and it is not as common as the allion (as one of my friends said when i was going to buy one - "hama ballatama dan allion thiyenawa ne"

Well i bought a premio nothing was good as i expected so sold it for 300k less than i bought it in 3months :angry:

Bad fuel econ and performance were the culprits and the front seat was not comfortable for me as my montero sport

the interior engine trans and everything else except some cosmetic parts r same in the allion so it also should not be good.

So i'd advice to keep away from those 2 as they r overpriced and not worth what u pay for.

Brand new japan the premio and allion have same prices

U'r problem of selling the cab was because the prices of recondition double cabs came down, and i was going to sugest u to go for a Hilux Navara or L200 double cab but as u used one it is better for u to decide, but the petrol car will be more expensive to run than the diesel cab.

Better options for u r for the price of an allion r

Hyundai Tucson Diesel 2008 used

Kia Sportage Diesel 2008 used

Hyundai Tucson brand new petrol

Kia Sportage brand new petrol

Or a recondition double cab

• Like 1

If it is to select between those 2 I'll go for the premio

It's better looking and it is not as common as the allion (as one of my friends said when i was going to buy one - "hama ballatama dan allion thiyenawa ne"

Well i bought a premio nothing was good as i expected so sold it for 300k less than i bought it in 3months :angry:

Bad fuel econ and performance were the culprits and the front seat was not comfortable for me as my montero sport

the interior engine trans and everything else except some cosmetic parts r same in the allion so it also should not be good.

So i'd advice to keep away from those 2 as they r overpriced and not worth what u pay for.

Brand new japan the premio and allion have same prices

U'r problem of selling the cab was because the prices of recondition double cabs came down, and i was going to sugest u to go for a Hilux Navara or L200 double cab but as u used one it is better for u to decide, but the petrol car will be more expensive to run than the diesel cab.

Better options for u r for the price of an allion r

Hyundai Tucson Diesel 2008 used

Kia Sportage Diesel 2008 used

Hyundai Tucson brand new petrol

Kia Sportage brand new petrol

Or a recondition double cab

Appreciate ya answers thank you very much bro. Hats off!

Hey folks! I'm curious about these two cars. One of my friends told me that both the cars have same engines and the 2007 Premio is designed for people over 40 and Allion is designed for young people with the sporty looks. According to him allion is lil cheaper than Premio but the second hand value is lower than alion because some body parts/chrome parts or that sort of stuff are hard to find. Also I'm interested in buying one of these cars but I seriously don't know what's the best choice for our country. I'm going to sell it after 5years so it should have a good second hand value too. Experts please enlighten me.

2007 Allion 260

Allion_Front.jpg

2007 Premio 260

toyota_corona_premio_a1236349687b2488485_orig.jpg

Classy and Comfort: Premio

Fuel Economy: Allion

Spare Parts: Engine Similar. Body parts Allion

Resale Value: More or less Similar, Allion may be slightly better

Looks: My personnel view, Allion

Both good cars. Premio is for executives in Japan. Allion for more fun loving, sporty type. These according to Toyota. I am not sure whether the Premio has foldable seats. Check this out. Allion has rear foldable seats, where Toyota say the fun loving out going type can carry a Telescope, camping stuff etc..

Hope this helps.

Both good cars. Premio is for executives in Japan. Allion for more fun loving, sporty type. These according to Toyota. I am not sure whether the Premio has foldable seats. Check this out. Allion has rear foldable seats, where Toyota say the fun loving out going type can carry a Telescope, camping stuff etc..

Hope this helps.

in which way is the Allion more fuel efficient?

Hope this helps.

The premio has rear folding seats,

and who buys a car to transport a telescope specially if it isn't something like "Hubble"

• Like 1

The premio has rear folding seats,

and who buys a car to transport a telescope specially if it isn't something like "Hubble"

Hubble will require a sailing ship........... :)

But there are Bird watching and Reflector type T.Scopes which are pretty long. Also the Photographic enthusiastic has lot of gear. Campers and hikers find this as a valuable option too. My team has done many camping and hiking tours around the country (with a Mazda which had folding seats) folding seats are useful.

I did not know Premio also has split folding seats.

Allion to Premio Fuel consumption comment was based from data from a Premio and Allion user. Has not done a detailed test on the new ones.

They're both exactly the same car, both mechanically and the interior. The only difference is the skin. And you do realize the whole "image" thing associated with both cars is nothing more than a marketing gimmick yes? In the end it boils down to which design you like better, rather than being a herded sheep.

Hey guys thank you for all your valuable replies i thought of buying a 2007 Allion 260 finally. I like the sporty looks. But now I know that a15 engine is not going to give me a sports feeling but since I use it here in Sri Lanka and also as this car is equipped with a super cvti gear box i think the engine will make me feel bigger than what it really is. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll upload pictures but it will take some time though. I'm going to hunt for a black or pearl white G package car.

4iuzcwb6lua4jzkedptrxzou.jpg

eqmv5gm3hdtwpl6oacslaaf.jpg

Edited by kevin1462

Hey guys thank you for all your valuable replies i thought of buying a 2007 Allion 260 finally. I like the sporty looks. But now I know that a15 engine is not going to give me a sports feeling but since I use it here in Sri Lanka and also as this car is equipped with a super cvti gear box i think the engine will make me feel bigger than what it really is. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll upload pictures but it will take some time though. I'm going to hunt for a black or pearl white G package car.

4iuzcwb6lua4jzkedptrxzou.jpg

eqmv5gm3hdtwpl6oacslaaf.jpg

go for a pearl white A18

Yes, OP the 1.8 (A18) will be more economical than the 1.5 (A15) and u'll get better acceleration, (only better than the1.5)

And always be careful when buying from the sri lankan car sales they will try to give u a lower trim one

From what i know the G-grade has illumination meters and button start(but if the key gets lost it will cost a lot)

Edited by toyota sucks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys finally I found my car I'm going to bring it down via one of my friends who is in the field for many years. Here are the pictures and the auction sheet. According to my friend its a pearl white car with beige interior and options are factory fitted reverse cam and navigation system. If anybody can understand Japanese please tell me what more this auction sheet explains like any damages or bad scratches.

perlcarxx.jpg

perl1.jpg

perl2.jpg