• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing Headlights From Ebay ?

mkindika

If you buy it from ebay, like you said. the item will post to your address. The custom will check the declaration and detain the package if they have to tax it. The custom guys will send you a letter to come to them and pay the tax. mostly at the central post office near the Lake house building. There are no clearing agents involving in this transaction. This is just parcel post.

Edited by Dinuk

i also have that idea

but how much should we pay the clearing agent and will it be delivered to my house if i payed via credit card or something like that

I have gotten down something as big as a Tandem Brake booster for the Alfa,(5Kgs) a complete window regulator motor with the rails and cables and few other stuff off Ebay. Each time they got detained. They send you a registered letter and you have to take the letter and go to the GPO near Lake House, before 12noon on any working day. You go there, fill out the form and give it to the counter and they will call you when they bring your parcel. They will open it in front of you and if the custom officer is in a good mood you will not pay more than 1000 rupees. If its a rubber product or contains rubber they will tax you really bad as rubber cannot be imported to SL or some story like that. If its just a few bulbs, chances are the post will deliver it as normal. If the package is largish, they will detain it.

Anyways, there is nothing to worry about. Max you will have to spend there is about 45 mins. Play dumb and call everyone sir and you will be fine... :)

• Like 3

I have gotten down something as big as a Tandem Brake booster for the Alfa,(5Kgs) a complete window regulator motor with the rails and cables and few other stuff off Ebay. Each time they got detained. They send you a registered letter and you have to take the letter and go to the GPO near Lake House, before 12noon on any working day. You go there, fill out the form and give it to the counter and they will call you when they bring your parcel. They will open it in front of you and if the custom officer is in a good mood you will not pay more than 1000 rupees. If its a rubber product or contains rubber they will tax you really bad as rubber cannot be imported to SL or some story like that. If its just a few bulbs, chances are the post will deliver it as normal. If the package is largish, they will detain it.

Anyways, there is nothing to worry about. Max you will have to spend there is about 45 mins. Play dumb and call everyone sir and you will be fine... :)

You have explained everything VVTi... A+ post.

• Like 1

Or an alternative to going to the post office is using a service like DHL,UPS etc.

Sure it will cost you more but they will go through all the trouble in the post office and they will deliver it to your doorstep, the taxes and everything will be added to your final bill. Sure comes in handy if you are the kind of guy who cant even move out of the office for 5 mins :D

Aramex has some deal where you register with them & they give you an address & you can have the goods shipped there & they will bring it SL. They don't consolidate packages if you order more than 1 item or if they arrive as seperate packages to their warehouse, & also any duty will need to be paid at the time of delivery. Might be worth checking out because I believe the delivery charges are lesser than what it would normally be.