• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Horrid Attutude Of So Called Moderators

Lucian

I joined this site few years back and stayed a way disgusted. Today I logged back in with scepticism and read a thread on honda, before going too far disgust struc again. Captured below is a response from a Moderator - Pericles. This attitude is pathetic, and shameful. For some this attitude maybe acceptable norms, but for others it makes us wonder should we return back! Keep it up; be proud of being sarcastic, rude, show of poor upbringing to the world through the World Wide Web.

AutoLanka is a fantastic Sri Lankan site, sadly it is moderators like this that make it look horrid!!

Quote"

#19 Pericles

The Grand Poobah

Group: Moderators

Interests:Computers, books, basketball, photography, comedies, R/C, cricket, cars, and military technology.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Ek3 Ferio, on 05 November 2010 - 03:02 PM, said:

I got heard from a lot of people, AutoLanka forum is not a friendly place to get the things know. They told that idiot moderators (exactly like you) are here and they have no idea of polietness. You proved it again. And keep it up.

This is not only the forum I'm in, I have never experinced such replies in any forum.

Then why don't you go and ask your "lot of people" for help? I have a helluva lot of juvenile delinquent members to keep an eye on (exactly like you) and I don't sit around babysitting them. And personally, I don't care what your experiences elsewhere has been.

You asked a question. You GOT the correct answer. Then you decide thats not what you need, COZ YOU ASKED THE WRONG QUESTION but something else. I pointed out that YOU CAN STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME BY ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTION in the first place. Within the job description.

Who's the idiot here? Ever think it might be the one who can't even figure out what he needs to know in the first place?

And you think the way to go is to criticize the moderation? Keep that up, my patience in dealing with insults doesn't last forever.

Ralph, on 05 November 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

'Junior Modding' or 'Backseat Modding' can refer negatively to the behavior of ordinary users who take a moderator-like tone in criticizing other members.

Sounds a lot like a you and the can't stand criticism cry baby who doesn't know how to ask questions without wasting people's time up there.

Which part says I have to act like a nursery teacher here?

I mean, jeez. Man up. I'm not gonna sit here, hold your hand and say, "aney, now listen and be a good boy and behave".

"UnQuote

Keep it up; be proud of being sarcastic, rude, show of poor upbringing to the world through the World Wide Web.

Thank you. Sorry if you find it so offensive that I was rude to a person who tried calling me an idiot. He was very polite about that. I shouldn't have been rude in return :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Oh, and by the way, I do wish these brain-dead farts would stop saying things like "so called" moderators and "so called" members. Its honestly quite stupid. There is no "so called" about it, and if you think its some kind of insult, it doesn't really work. Just makes people wonder what the heck you are high on.

• Like 5

This is getting stale- people who contribute nothing to the site are somehow the ones to criticize the way its run! And that too in defense of the misfits who don't know how the behave. The site's done fine upto now and really we need to just start deleting these threads that aimed at personal slander. Peri - that within the rules right

• Like 3

This is getting stale- people who contribute nothing to the site are somehow the ones to criticize the way its run! And that too in defense of the misfits who don't know how the behave. The site's done fine upto now and really we need to just start deleting these threads that aimed at personal slander. Peri - that within the rules right

Yeah within rules, but I generally let the critiques of me stand. Don't want crybabies to go misuse of power by covering up critiques as well.

Jeez where the heck do these cockroaches keep comming from? Maybe we should use some ARS or Mortein.

maybe we should use some Mortein on their ARS? THat will fix them I suppose to get taht bug out of their Arses... :)

What a bunch of pathetic losers!!!!

Machang Lucien, if you are not happy about AL, just go find another forum to bitch about with your girlfriends.

Peri is rude. T hats why we like him.

What kind of bitchass upbringing did you have to be so bloody sensitive? IS your mommy still wiping you backey after poopoo?

Grow up machang.

• Like 2

EXACTLY!!!!

1000% agreed.

People who rarely contribute positively if at all only have all the gripe over the site.

The regulars are the people who are here everyday, reading through all the topics and try their best to help out a fellow member when a question i posed...these regulars have no issue with how the forum is moderated.

Honestly in my personal view, Peri should've been lot more tougher on some of the trolls and retards who pollute threads for no reason.

This forum has been running for years doing great service to thousands of people...And Peri has to spend fair bit of time to make sure things are ok and the only thanks that man get is these kinda stupid threads created by idiotic buffoons who cant see all the good Peri has done for all these years...

Dont like how the site is moderated... I'd say go and find a place you idiots like and run it the way you want.

AL and Peri is here to stay!

• Like 8