• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Generators

jdnet

Hey guys,

Just wonering if anyone here has any experience with singer generators. Looking at buying this petrol model: http://www2.singersl.com/singer/products/section_01/index.asp?pcode=SIN%5FG%2DSP%2D2000&PC=generators&blnExpandList=Yes

Thanks.

No experience with generators but generally Singer products are Chinese stuff with the Singer badge on them (except for the locally made fridges and TVs).

So the supplier may change often and the product that you buy may not be the same as one that is being used by someone else at present.

I'm using the HONDA EBK 2000 gen (sold by singer) now for about 10 yrs and it started up and ran perfectly well the day before yesterday,after not been started for about 6 months, it's the way i use it

no maintainance except for changing oil 3 times in the 10yrs

So it's good to go for the honda,

But those days i didn't see the singer one in the market, must be cheep than the honda one, but don't buy it,

because as Crosswind told most of the singer badged products r inferior quality Chinese ones and this will be no exception,

i have a singer fridge, air conditioner and an gas oven which all failed to work within a relatively small time,

i earlier had a Chinese very small petrol gen (i think it was 650VA) and it overheated after running 30 minutes even when it was new

Now i'm going to buy a KIPOR diesel autostart 5kva gen

because the others at home don't understand the mechanism of starting up the kerosine-petrol engine (kind of hard because have to drain the kerosine from the carb before starting)

I know it will not be as easy to maintain as the HONDA

But if anybody is using one pls comment on it

Edited by toyota sucks

[quote name=to

Now i'm going to buy a KIPOR diesel autostart 5kva gen

because the others at home don't understand the mechanism of starting up the kerosine-petrol engine (kind of hard because have to drain the kerosine from the carb before starting)

I know it will not be as easy to maintain as the HONDA

But if anybody is using one pls comment on it

'toyota sucks',

Most of small generators are giving trouble. Due to over load. As we do not calculate the the requirement what we need when the time of a power fail.I think what you have decided to go in for a auto start is the most advisable thing.Do you have single or three phase supply.

I may have fitted hundreds of small and industrial generators I always calculate the requirement and to be on safe side add about 15% more then the requirement.

I forgot to add this on the originally when I posted this,calculate your maximum load Amps fix a MCCB little under so that your generator will not overload. Read the specs of the generator too get advise from the agents.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Thanks Sylvi Wijesinghe you'r advice was very important,

I'm going to buy a kipor generator (KDE6700TA) I'm happy with the agents description about it.

I see that you have an good experience on generators is the KIPOR brand good or can i find a better brand one for similar prices

I only need a single phase one and the 1.6kva one worked fine so i think it would not overload the 5kva one

i gust want to go for it because it is auto start and it's a real mess starting up the kerosene- petrol generator,

Thanks Sylvi Wijesinghe you'r advice was very important,

I'm going to buy a kipor generator (KDE6700TA) I'm happy with the agents description about it.

I see that you have an good experience on generators is the KIPOR brand good or can i find a better brand one for similar prices

I only need a single phase one and the 1.6kva one worked fine so i think it would not overload the 5kva one

i gust want to go for it because it is auto start and it's a real mess starting up the kerosene- petrol generator,

'toyota sucks'

According to your power requirement this Generator although it is made in China it is sufficient as your are using same for home use. Please get a electrician to use a clip on Ammeter to check your maximum load with all your lights and other Equipment on so that you will know the maximum current consumption.

The above said test will help you to fix the over load protection Isolator. I think this Generator can handle up to maximum 20 Amps.

As this unit has in build auto start facility you can forget the problems you faced before when you had manual start K@P engine with Generator.This Generator is more than enough if you had used 1.6 Kva for your requirements Please check with the agents this unit has overload protector for AC outlet.

If you want any further assistance please contact me. [email protected]

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

• 2 weeks later...

After going round some shops in panchikawaththa,

and going to some dealers of chinese genarators i decided to keep my Honda,

as it was quiet

and because I wasn't satisfied with the build quality of the Chinese gens compared to my Honda

To Mr. Sylvi Wijesinghe

BTW Thank you very much for trying to help,

I tryed to PM you but I couldn't

Edited by toyota sucks

After going round some shops in panchikawaththa,

and going to some dealers of chinese genarators i decided to keep my Honda,

as it was quiet

and because I wasn't satisfied with the build quality of the Chinese gens compared to my Honda

To Mr. Sylvi Wijesinghe

BTW Thank you very much for trying to help,

I tryed to PM you but I couldn't

'toyota sucks'

May be some problem.

You can contact me on my Telephone. 2573690/0712222420.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

• 7 years later...

On with an old thread, 

has anyone used this Tiger Brand generator now marketed here?

or is there any good brand to go for a tiny generator .7 to 1kva ?

any good agent?

Edited by tiv

7 hours ago, tiv said:

On with an old thread, 

has anyone used this Tiger Brand generator now marketed here?

or is there any good brand to go for a tiny generator .7 to 1kva ?

any good agent?

A friend had bought a Tiger Diesel Genny from Ab*ns but the got into a dispute over the word *silent* and eventually he decided to return it but of course the seller took his own time giving various excuses and it took like to 3 months and many many angry discussions close out the return. Long story short, horrible customer service.

I've tested out Lutian 3KVA (they have smaller ones also) and was pleasantly surprised at the sound/performance ratio. Was mainly focusing on self start ones so never got to test the 0.7 to 1Kva range.

But all in all, I think most of the Chinese gennies sold here are generic with brand name slapped on the casing and a dealer trying to sell it using his reputation.

2 hours ago, Insedious said:

A friend had bought a Tiger Diesel Genny from Ab*ns but the got into a dispute over the word *silent* and eventually he decided to return it but of course the seller took his own time giving various excuses and it took like to 3 months and many many angry discussions close out the return. Long story short, horrible customer service.

I've tested out Lutian 3KVA (they have smaller ones also) and was pleasantly surprised at the sound/performance ratio. Was mainly focusing on self start ones so never got to test the 0.7 to 1Kva range.

But all in all, I think most of the Chinese gennies sold here are generic with brand name slapped on the casing and a dealer trying to sell it using his reputation.

Looking at getting a petrol one so noise wont be a big deal I guess, let me look out for lutian ones