• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Obd Scan Tool

Hello

I'm looking to buy an OBD scanner which isn't merely a code reader. Anything that supports OBD II, JOBD and CAN will be an option. It should have the live data facility and component actuation if possible. Can anyone please help me with an address, a contact number, email or a web site based in Sri Lanka where I can buy one.

Thank you in advance.

RSR

check ebay as well. there are plenty of scanners which can be used with basic freewares like Scantool.net.

I got a bluetooth OBD scanner from Ebay. I'm using it with freeware Sw. But i'm only using with Toyota. Not working for my Viva and BM.. I'm just using it for checking data. Still dnt how how to edit the data and not trying to also since i dnt know hw to do it properly. I think if you make a mistake ur screwd..

If any body knws a SW that works with Perodua and BMW pls let me know..alc.gif

I got a bluetooth OBD scanner from Ebay. I'm using it with freeware Sw. But i'm only using with Toyota. Not working for my Viva and BM.. I'm just using it for checking data. Still dnt how how to edit the data and not trying to also since i dnt know hw to do it properly. I think if you make a mistake ur screwd..

If any body knws a SW that works with Perodua and BMW pls let me know..alc.gif

I think it is not the software but the OBD standard. check what standards are used by BMW and Perodua and it should be supported by your scanner.

Still dnt how how to edit the data and not trying to also since i dnt know hw to do it properly. I think if you make a mistake ur screwd..

wrong. You can't edit data or make changes to the car's computer. All you can do with an OB tool s to perform tests, read codes and erase the check engine light. You cannot do any programming unless a programmer which is specific to the manufacturer e.g. Chrysler's DRBIII or Ford VCM.

wrong. You can't edit data or make changes to the car's computer. All you can do with an OB tool s to perform tests, read codes and erase the check engine light. You cannot do any programming unless a programmer which is specific to the manufacturer e.g. Chrysler's DRBIII or Ford VCM.

JD,

I saw some videos on Youtube where they program ECU. Isn't it to do with this OBD. (Sorry i dnt knw much detail about this) And with this OBD SW there is a Save option. Is it to save data to car computer or to save current data in PC?

Also pls recommend the best sw for OBD II pls..

This is the one i got from e-bay:

_http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELM327-OBDII-OBD2-Bluetooth-Auto-Car-Diagnostic-v1-5-/170688803061?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item27bdd870f5#ht_500wt_876

(I only installed the softwares came with the CD)

Hello again.

Thanks for the quick replys guys. With all due respect I'm aware of the capabilities of a scan tool. I just need to know where I can buy one in Sri Lanka, without having to look online including eBay. Maybe a Carman or a Launch.

Thanks

Go to Myt00ls

JD,

I saw some videos on Youtube where they program ECU. Isn't it to do with this OBD. (Sorry i dnt knw much detail about this) And with this OBD SW there is a Save option. Is it to save data to car computer or to save current data in PC?

Also pls recommend the best sw for OBD II pls..

This is the one i got from e-bay:

_http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELM327-OBDII-OBD2-Bluetooth-Auto-Car-Diagnostic-v1-5-/170688803061?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item27bdd870f5#ht_500wt_876

(I only installed the softwares came with the CD)

Does this scanner works with Toyota? What is the model of your Toyota?

Hello

I'm looking to buy an OBD scanner which isn't merely a code reader. Anything that supports OBD II, JOBD and CAN will be an option. It should have the live data facility and component actuation if possible. Can anyone please help me with an address, a contact number, email or a web site based in Sri Lanka where I can buy one.

Thank you in advance.

RSR

Bruce Nigel Thalahena Malabe 0772256655

Does this scanner works with Toyota? What is the model of your Toyota?

Yes Dinuk. This works for both Corolla 141 (Altis) and Camry 2002 (2.0)

SW Use - ScanTool

Default Passcode - 1234

(Try not to use COM1 as smtimes it doesn't work, I'm using COM5)

Bruce Nigel doesn't sell scanners. He does EFI "tuning" & engine/transmission repairs.

Well you're WRONG mate.. He had been selected as the local agent by several professional scan tool companies & he already have stock's to sell & he does chip tuning now too... Give him a visit.....

Well you're WRONG mate.. He had been selected as the local agent by several professional scan tool companies & he already have stock's to sell & he does chip tuning now too... Give him a visit.....

In fact, I visited his garage last week & have been taking the car for tuneups for the past couple of years. He has got some new equipment recently but I he has never mentioned selling scan tools.