• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio Cvt Oil

nano31

Got new Axio G grade for the permit one week ago (My sister's).

It is a brand new one and my question is regarding CVT oil change in the future.

1.When should I have the CVT fluid changed?

2.What type of CVT oil should be used?

3.How should it be changed? (via a "ATF" machine/Manually??)

As far as i know 141 CVT box does not need oil changes.

I would advice you to check with the local agent they will advice you, do not take advice from Maka Bass / local service.

Modern CVT requires special oils which are very expensive

As far as i know 141 CVT box does not need oil changes.

I would advice you to check with the local agent they will advice you, do not take advice from Maka Bass / local service.

Modern CVT requires special oils which are very expensive

It DOES need to be changed. You would change it out at longer intervals but if you plan on keeping the car running for more than for a long time it should be changed out. Would you really risk your transmission on a "lifetime" oil?

I too 100% agree that the CVT oil should be changed as there couldn't be thing called "lifetime oil" since even good old manual gear box oil needs changing of oil after long time.

T*yo*a L*n*a is clue less regarding these JDM models as they dont wanna bother these models as they are not importing them.

Any realistic advises please!!!

Edited by nano31
  • Like 1

I too 100% agree that the CVT oil should be changed as there couldn't be thing called "lifetime oil" since even good old manual gear box oil needs changing of oil after long time.

T*yo*a L*n*a is clue less regarding these JDM models as they dont wanna bother these models as they are not importing them.

So they cheat ThilakR ??

CVT oil needs changing at varying intervals depending on the model, mine is every 44,000 kms. How do I know that? Well I checked with the agent, who according to you are clueless and don't bother with JDMs like mine. Strangely enough they also stock 90% spares for my car too...a lot of effort to import things for models they don't care about as they don't import them as you say oh wise pundit of motoring.

T****A L***A will check your car and advice you, they support recon vehicles imported as major share of their service revenue come from them. For a fee they will even verify your milage as this information is also stored in the cars ECU.

CVT oil interval changes with the type of CVT box you have, my Suzuki Swift it is 165,000 km. And also the type of oil vary with each model. My advice go to the agent, if you use the wrong oil you will ruin your gear box.

T****A L***A will check your car and advice you, they support recon vehicles imported as major share of their service revenue come from them. For a fee they will even verify your milage as this information is also stored in the cars ECU.

CVT oil interval changes with the type of CVT box you have, my Suzuki Swift it is 165,000 km. And also the type of oil vary with each model. My advice go to the agent, if you use the wrong oil you will ruin your gear box.

Previous occation one member pointed out that Toyota owner's manual does not state anything about CVT oil change intervel.And also no dipstick to check CVT oil level as with old ATF box.

CVT oil needs changing at varying intervals depending on the model, mine is every 44,000 kms. How do I know that? Well I checked with the agent, who according to you are clueless and don't bother with JDMs like mine. Strangely enough they also stock 90% spares for my car too...a lot of effort to import things for models they don't care about as they don't import them as you say oh wise pundit of motoring.

well i have exactly the opposite experience with them. there are lots of new toyotas and lexus' coming into sl these days so you don't expect them to have spares inventory for all of them. but it annoys the hell out of me when they don't even have oil and air filters for some of the relatively newer models. you'd think they'd stock atleast the basic parts required for a service, especially when you call and book a service atleast 2 weeks in advance and you tell them what the vehicle is.

yes they do service JDM's because they make a lot of money off them. but they don't do a very good job of it i'm afraid.

So they cheat ThilakR ??

Hi..

I think To***A L***A did a good job when I bought my car (Axio JDM )for first service and inspection. Since I notice there is no dipstick to check CVT oil level as we used to, they said it is better to change.

Sorry I cannot remember the exact milage they mentioned for next change. I have to check when I go there for next service.

Thilak

Hi..

I think To***A L***A did a good job when I bought my car (Axio JDM )for first service and inspection. Since I notice there is no dipstick to check CVT oil level as we used to, they said it is better to change.

Sorry I cannot remember the exact milage they mentioned for next change. I have to check when I go there for next service.

Thilak

Thank you very much Thilak,

Did they dismantled the CVT box and fill cvt oil ? Do you think service interval for ATF and CVT are equal ? Said 40,000 km.

well i have exactly the opposite experience with them. there are lots of new toyotas and lexus' coming into sl these days so you don't expect them to have spares inventory for all of them. but it annoys the hell out of me when they don't even have oil and air filters for some of the relatively newer models. you'd think they'd stock atleast the basic parts required for a service, especially when you call and book a service atleast 2 weeks in advance and you tell them what the vehicle is.

yes they do service JDM's because they make a lot of money off them. but they don't do a very good job of it i'm afraid.

if someone buys a car for which spares are unavailable, or hard to come by, that is their own fault. I called up to find out spares availability before i bought it. Ppl who buy car without the most basic research can't complain and blame others for their lack of common sense, don't you agree? I checked they had the service checklist for my model as well, so they know when to check sensors etc. So my services there are satisfactory. i have a policy of not assuming anything !

if someone buys a car for which spares are unavailable, or hard to come by, that is their own fault. I called up to find out spares availability before i bought it. Ppl who buy car without the most basic research can't complain and blame others for their lack of common sense, don't you agree? I checked they had the service checklist for my model as well, so they know when to check sensors etc. So my services there are satisfactory. i have a policy of not assuming anything !

i did my research before buying my car just fine, thank you. and that included calling them and checking on spares which they assured me they did stock. even called them up the day before the service to tell them what items need to be replaced, and these are basic items mind you. then when you go for the service, turns out they don't have spares or claim to be out of stock. maybe i'm unlucky but it happened to me a couple of times. to make things worse, it takes forever for them to bring down parts, almost 4 months.i now stock up from singapore. also i know quite a few people this has happened to as well, and they owned harriers which are not exactly scarce in SL!

i've had experiences with other agents like a*w, and they have seemed far more knowledgeable on even rarer JDM nissan's and stock more parts. also they don't take so long to bring parts down and don't charge such a massive premium. its good that you have had better luck with them than me, so i guess we can agree to disagree on this one.

At T****A L***A they don't allow you near the car, so you really don't know what they do with your car.

New CVT boxes no, dipstick, no filler cap only the drain nut is there obviously due to extended change interval.

Toyota 141 ATF oil change according to the manual is due every 80,000 km (48 Months)

Whoever services make sure you use recommended oil some CVT’s need special oils which could cost over Rs. 15-20 k / liter.

At T****A L***A they don't allow you near the car, so you really don't know what they do with your car.

New CVT boxes no, dipstick, no filler cap only the drain nut is there obviously due to extended change interval.

Toyota 141 ATF oil change according to the manual is due every 80,000 km (48 Months)

Whoever services make sure you use recommended oil some CVT’s need special oils which could cost over Rs. 15-20 k / liter.

It is impossible to remove all CVT oil using drain nut itself.Only 10% can be removed.So what about other 90%.

Do you refer Toyota 141 ATF oil or Toyota 141 CVT oil ?

Thank you very much Thilak,

Did they dismantled the CVT box and fill cvt oil ? Do you think service interval for ATF and CVT are equal ? Said 40,000 km.

Hi,

I found a paper which I printed from the Internet regarding CVT oil change while checking my car maintenance book.

It says "While Toyota has said the CVT oil change interval is 100,000km, remember these are for good driving condition. Honda quotes 80,000km for such conditions. However Honda quotes 40,000 if the conditions are severe, and in SL Colombo context this might be even lower. Hence the Toyota owner will also be safer opting for shorter cycle for changing the CVT gearbox oil."

Therefore I think it is better to do it in every 40k or 50k.

But please note I am not an expert on this. :)

Regards

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

Thilak,

Pls. be kind enough to tell me how much it cost you .CVT oil and labour respectively.

Hi Dilku,

I was watching at my car from the visitors room, since they did Most of the work just opposit my window and took away for washing. I did not see them dismentling my gear box. If so it would be a big job and I may notice.

As I remember total bill was around 26k including full inspection charges of Rs.6K. But I spent the whole day. :angry:

Thilak

Toyota agent cheats according to the post No 11 of the following thread.

CVT- oil -Change

Toyota agent cheats according to the post No 11 of the following thread.

CVT- oil -Change

The shock! The horror! Dilku..... are you...trying to say....that..... service providers..... are trying to make a buck..... off ignorant customers? And of all places, here....in the paradise isle.....??? How did the world come to this???? Why Dilku?.....Why???? Please help us make sense of all this.... Damn them and their greed..... ignorant customers, we must stand up against these forces of evil, let's get...... educated. Remember IC's we stand united, all hail Dilku the leader of the league of ignorant customers (LOIC).

Toyota service provider..... is trying to make a buck..... off ignorant customers!observe the LINK .

I observed it with shock, horror, disbelief and disgust in equal measures, oh chief of the ignorant customers and it is still a nightmare, now what are you going to do about it? Just sit here and type or stand up and fight for the rights of ignorant customers to stay ignorant?! Lead the way IC chief!