• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

##### Fuel And Engine Additive

thushanthatj

Question

21 answers to this question

Members,

I have tried all advertised fuel & engine additives I did not get advertised additive reactions as promised in advertisements. It is all wastage of Rupees and Cents. Some motorists will differ from my comment.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I used 3M fuel additive (injector cleaner - fuel system cleaner) for Rs.1600 from Laugf after putting full tank of diesel. After couple of kilometers engine CHECK LIGHT came and it never disappeared. The engine noise increased and I showed this to couple of mechanics and they advise not to use any of these as they all are scams. The diagnostics code came P1220 that is something to do with injector pump malfunction which is very costly repair.

I ran the vehicle as it is without any repairs and after second full tank fill, the CHECK light vanishes and never came after that.

I diagnosis the engine using the computer again and fault is not there.

DON'T USE ANY OF THE FUEL ADDITIVES OR FUEL CLEANERS OR INJECTOR CLEANSERS.

THESE BOGUS PRODUCTS WILL RUIN YOUR VEHICLE. USE PROPER WAY OF FUEL SYSTEM AND INJECTOR CLEANING . SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GIVE REPAIRS TO EXPERIENCE MECHANICS.

I used 3M fuel additive (injector cleaner - fuel system cleaner) for Rs.1600 from Laugf after putting full tank of diesel. After couple of kilometers engine CHECK LIGHT came and it never disappeared. The engine noise increased and I showed this to couple of mechanics and they advise not to use any of these as they all are scams. The diagnostics code came P1220 that is something to do with injector pump malfunction which is very costly repair.

I ran the vehicle as it is without any repairs and after second full tank fill, the CHECK light vanishes and never came after that.

THESE BOGUS PRODUCTS WILL RUIN YOUR VEHICLE. USE PROPER WAY OF FUEL SYSTEM AND INJECTOR CLEANING . SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GIVE REPAIRS TO EXPERIENCE MECHANICS.

May be your CHECK bulb burnt. :D

• Like 1

I beg to differ. I use fuel inector cleaners a lot. Different brands at that. Some are good at keeping the injectors clean, others not so much. At the end of the day, a good cleaner will help keep your injectors clean. Maybe you had a particle block out a nozzle or you used the wrong dose?

guys ... this is my personal experience.

I also got affected by the bad petrol and i had to crank 5 - 6 times in the morning to start the engine.some days it did not start at all. :violent-smiley-099:

After that i pumped 50 liters of 95 petrol and added 1 bottle of W###h Injector/Fuel system cleaning.

Got the results next day. Engine starts from the 1st try. Im a happy driver. :D :D

Ahhhhh... you used the 3M Petrol engine injector cleaner on your diesel.... same thing happened to another illiterate idiot near my house.

• Like 8

This picture reminds me of you

lolcat_stupid_The_epic_LOLcat_post-s375x500-81076.jpg

As for the OP's question we have had plenty of discussions about these products, please feel free to run a search (thats the nicer way of saying "learn to use the search function ! " )

Edited by The Stig

Ahhhhh... you used the 3M Petrol engine injector cleaner on your diesel.... same thing happened to another illiterate idiot near my house.

Added to that (unless 3M has 2 distinct injector cleaning products) the 3M product is not meant to be added to the tank (unlike the Wurth product, which is) - it's fed in someplace via some machinery - when I called 3M about buying a can they told me I won't be able to use it myself unless I had the machine.

No, I purchased the correct one, It's Diesel Injector (fuel system)cleaner which needs to be poured to the fuel tank, It's a black color bottle. Bought from Lauf Koswatta.