• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2000 Accord Euro-R(Pro's And Con's)Pls Help

arunika

1)Parts and repairs-Parts aren't hard to find,but not easy like for a toyota.The repair cost too ain't that high.

2)Maintenance cost

- Maint cost will be a little bit high compared to a toyota,but it's worth the cost

3)Market value pls advice.-Normally other brands except for toyota don't hold a high market value.But if you maintain it well and have all the repair receipts updated you should be able to sell it at a close price to the initial cost.

After all this is a great car to own,my advice would be just go for it.

Edited by CyRaX

Where did the OP ask for any info on Toyota? And you're comparing this to a 'Toyota' what? Townace?

Don't advice people on things you dont fully know about. Your reply is utter rubbish .

1) Parts and repairs- There are many parts that are compatible with the standard accord, but there will be a certain amount of difficultly it matching 'Euro R specific parts like the suspension and larger break pads. Since there are only around 4 cars in SL, you wont find people stocking them. But you'll be able to source them from abroad. The Agents will support you on the running repairs- and people like Zakie (tuned i chips) have experience in tuning & repairs

2) Maintaining the car- depends on what you mean by this- this a premium car which will not fail if regular services and running repairs are attended to. And Honda's from this age are known for reliability even with high miles on them

3) Market value- Sports cars in SL tend to not hold value the same way mid range economy cars like Sunny's and Axio's do. Its not something one should expect when buying a car like this. However there is an enthusiast market for sports cars- and the right person will pay you're price if they want and like the car enough

Edited by Elvis_Pil
  • Like 1

Where did the OP ask for any info on Toyota? And you're comparing this to a 'Toyota' what? Townace?

Don't advice people on things you dont fully know about. Your reply is utter rubbish .

Don't take it seriously machan. He doesn't even have a license. His opinions are base on watching his mom drive.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

As said by Elvis_Pil many parts are compatible with the standard accord yet parts like the headlamps and tail lamps will need a bit of hunting. And the H22A engine is a performance oriented engine and not one built for economy. So you cant use cheap lubricants. So maintenance cost will be a little bit high and its worth spending a little bit more since this is a sports sedan. The automatics came with a SOHC F18 engine and the Manual ones came with a H22A engine. H22A produces a lot more power than the F18 engine :) Market value depends on factors like the engine, condition of the vehicle and year of manufacture. It will be priced between 1.9m-2.6m :)

Edited by kelum_wj

1)Parts and repairs-Parts aren't hard to find,but not easy like for a toyota.The repair cost too ain't that high.

2)Maintenance cost

- Maint cost will be a little bit high compared to a toyota,but it's worth the cost

3)Market value pls advice.-Normally other brands except for toyota don't hold a high market value.But if you maintain it well and have all the repair receipts updated you should be able to sell it at a close price to the initial cost.

After all this is a great car to own,my advice would be just go for it.

Can you also ask your mom for the fuel consumption figures of the Accord please?

Thanks everybody for the comments..seriously I am interested to know how much a 2.2Dohc vtec would do.! 7-8 in city??? Hi anybody could you share some light!!

Well I saw on ebay has most of the parts for the euro-r..(that's good news)atleast..yep and also stafford!Guys could you pm me of any 3rd mparty shops who deal honda parts for accord..I am gathering information before I think this car is feasible for me..

thanks.