• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 15

lakmal12

7 members have voted

1. 1. i selected a FB 15 car.but its engine not cover with neo cover.the thing i want know is all FB 15 engine cover with neo engine cover or not.is it a trouble

• trouble
    • normal condition

i selected a FB 15 car.but its engine not cover with neo cover.the thing i want know is all FB 15 engine cover with neo engine cover or not.is it a trouble

Usually it comes with the cover. Must have removed it due to a damage or something...

That can't be an issue. By the way, What's the EOM of car?

Usually it comes with the cover. Must have removed it due to a damage or something...

That can't be an issue. By the way, What's the EOM of car?

I heard that FB15 YOM 1999 and upto early 2000 came with this engine cover. Late 2000 and 2001 models came with no covers mounted top of the engines. In my car, there is no Neo cover and no sockets to mount it even. I have seen several cars in this way.

If the car is in good condition and @ a reasonable price, buy it. It is hard to find a good car these days.

cheers

samanl

i selected a FB 15 car.but its engine not cover with neo cover.the thing i want know is all FB 15 engine cover with neo engine cover or not.is it a trouble

If it is a new shell one, then it is normal.

I have seen some old shell 2002 cars doesn't have that cover.

See whether there are mounts to fix the cover.

It's a trouble for the forum to start a public poll regarding an engine cover of the vehicle u buy,

But I'll give u an important advice

The prices of FB15s and ae110s are unacceptably, ridiculously high these days so it's not a good idea to buy one these days as thier prices will go down,

there r rather new vehicles that u can get hold of for that kind of money and it's better to go for one of those than going for a 12yrs old car and getting permanent residency at the mechanic's

Edited by toyota sucks
  • Like 1

It's a trouble for the forum to start a public poll regarding an engine cover of the vehicle u buy,

But I'll give u an important advice

The prices of FB15s and ae110s are unacceptably, ridiculously high these days so it's not a good idea to buy one these days as thier prices will go down,

there r rather new vehicles that u can get hold of for that kind of money and it's better to go for one of those than going for a 12yrs old car and getting permanent residency at the mechanic's

I agree with you that prices of these two models are bit higher thesedays, but don't with as these two models are the couple of best reliable models over the past decade. "Permanent residency at mechanic's" - this all nonsense! Every vichicle if not look after well, would be residing there, may be your one too.

• Like 2

I agree with you that prices of these two models are bit higher thesedays, but don't with as these two models are the couple of best reliable models over the past decade. "Permanent residency at mechanic's" - this all nonsense! Every vichicle if not look after well, would be residing there, may be your one too.

Thumbs up Boy...

With or without that cover, i don't think washing the engine room in a FB15 is a good idea.

Do not wash the engine with high pressure water - your 02 censor and the 4 coils might get busted. Best, cover the sensors and coils, then use a paint brush and some chemical/water to remove the dert.

no body know every thing in this world. forums are design to share information among users/friends. if you don't know some thing you can start a poll like this.

For this purpose I rather post a question without starting a poll.

No point of starting a poll for these kind of questions which only few people can answer.

• Like 1

For this purpose I rather post a question without starting a poll.

No point of starting a poll for these kind of questions which only few people can answer.

posting a question or starting poll is not a big deal. because your not holding it in your arms. some how users will get an idea about these type of issues.

every one is not perfect in this world, and they have different types of idea. this is my idea and your idea could be different.

without cover. water can go easily in to the coils and plugs without cover.

You seems to be haven't seen this Engine without the cover.

Cover gives some extra protection. But water cannot go easily into to plugs even you don't have this cover.

posting a question or starting poll is not a big deal. because your not holding it in your arms. some how users will get an idea about these type of issues.

every one is not perfect in this world, and they have different types of idea. this is my idea and your idea could be different.

So for this question, do you think you can decide whether it is normal that FB15 doesn't have this cover by looking at number of votes. What I see it you can't. We need some explanation rather than a vote.

• Like 1