• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aliion(2003) Vs Corolla(2008) Vs Mazda3(2007/2008)

k119

Guys,

I was looking for car between 3.0 -3.5 million. After 1 week of inspection these seems to be my options.

Corolla 141 - 2008 Registered >=3.5mil

Mazda 3 - 2007/2008 Registered 3.3-3.5mil

Allion - 2003 Registered 3.3mil-3.5mil

Allion is good except the manufactured on 2003. Mazda had best look :). Toyota has the best resale value, except heard 141 is not that good on 2nd hand market. Any other options I can look into?

Good fuel consumption and 2nd hand market what I really looking into. Your thoughts and expereince would highly appreciated.

Guys,

I was looking for car between 3.0 -3.5 million. After 1 week of inspection these seems to be my options.

Allion is good except the manufactured on 2003. Mazda had best look :). Toyota has the best resale value, except heard 141 is not that good on 2nd hand market. Any other options I can look into?

Good fuel consumption and 2nd hand market what I really looking into. Your thoughts and expereince would highly appreciated.

I'm also hunting for these cars and my first choice is the Mazda 3. But in your case better to go ahead with the Allion.

You can also go to Yaris and Belta.. Both are in the range.

I'm also hunting for these cars and my first choice is the Mazda 3. But in your case better to go ahead with the Allion.

You can also go to Yaris and Belta.. Both are in the range.

Yaris/Belta don't stand up to the Mazda 3... in case you haven't driven them. :action-smiley-060: However, the Allion could be compared with the Mazda 3

Guys,

Mazda 3 is a good choice since you are worried with the resale value then toyota is ideal. Including in your budget corolla 122 luxel(1800cc) btw the year 2002-2003 will be available.

Yaris/Belta don't stand up to the Mazda 3... in case you haven't driven them. :action-smiley-060: However, the Allion could be compared with the Mazda 3

Yah, I know... They are not on my list :violent-smiley-099:

Just an opinion for the thread starter because his priorities are on fuel efficiency and resale value.

Any thoughts on 141. I got a deal for exaclty 3.5 mil . 2008 black color, biege interior(quality is not upto the expectation). No idea about fuel consumption(owner told me its about 10-11).

I was quite interest cause its 2008. So I am pretty confident of the resale value. Any thoughts?

This is sri lanka and can't comment much on the resale value,

but probebly the toyota will be easyer to sell than the mazda but the 3 will be better for the use.

It's best to go for the 141 2008, the allions are not good vehicle as people think they r I had a 260 one and hated it,

and also a 2003 one means that u'r new vehicle is 9yrs old,

but if u go for the 141 it's of a recondition age

and u must be talking of the brand new bought model, it has the same space and comforts as the new allion

and as the 141 has beige interior with black exterior it will be better looking.

Final verdict - Go for the 2008 corolla 141

if you talking about a fully loaded Allion, I'll go for the Allion if not Mazda 3/Axela

But the allion is a 9yrs old car so it will need constant visits to the garage

Even if there r no drivetrain issues the AC and other electronics will be not in a good condition

Even if there r no drivetrain issues the AC and other electronics will be not in a good condition

And yet you regularly recommend that people go for 10-12 year old European cars..... I mean, we all know you are an idiot, but at least try to be consistent in your idiocy!

And yet you regularly recommend that people go for 10-12 year old European cars..... I mean, we all know you are an idiot, but at least try to be consistent in your idiocy!

I'm recommending people to buy Audis and VWs because the luxury they offer for the prices they r sold now make them a great bargain.

And because most of the people think they give trouble more often than the Japanese cars of similar age, i think u'r passat is not in good condition that's why u don't loke it. :angry:

But it's great fun to use it so don't be selfish tell the good people in AL the good side of it too,

i bought one and for the last 6 months it didn't lead me to the mechanic's it's a matter of buying a good condition one,

I say this because used one and the nzt260 premio-2008 wasn't half as comfy as the 12yrs old passat

So buying a euro is worth because it is a luxury car and also gives u an image for more than u pay for.

And for the OP, he has given a list the allion is not a luxury car as people think it is so it's not a good idea to go for it when it is 9yrs old and the 141 if it's the brand new model is more spacious and better in luxury than the nzt 240 allion

I find no reason to go for the allion as both are toyotas

So far toyotasucks has claimed he owns a Nissam march, Brand new Kia Sorento Diesel and now he owns a euro.......

Please add a 2007 mitsubishi montero sport to the list,

and the sorrento is from one of my friends which i changed with my santafe for some time

i have a santafe 2008

and the euro is a passat for u'r information

Edited by toyota sucks

I'm recommending people to buy Audis and VWs because the luxury they offer for the prices they r sold now make them a great bargain.

And because most of the people think they give trouble more often than the Japanese cars of similar age, i think u'r passat is not in good condition that's why u don't loke it. :angry:

But it's great fun to use it so don't be selfish tell the good people in AL the good side of it too,

i bought one and for the last 6 months it didn't lead me to the mechanic's it's a matter of buying a good condition one,

I say this because used one and the nzt260 premio-2008 wasn't half as comfy as the 12yrs old passat

So buying a euro is worth because it is a luxury car and also gives u an image for more than u pay for.

And for the OP, he has given a list the allion is not a luxury car as people think it is so it's not a good idea to go for it when it is 9yrs old and the 141 if it's the brand new model is more spacious and better in luxury than the nzt 240 allion

I find no reason to go for the allion as both are toyotas

i have to agree with you, if your buying a second hand car in SL its worth going for an Euro

The Mazda 3 is a very decent drive and I don't understand why people are so hesitant to purchase it as it isn't plagued by the build quality issues that faces its larger sibling the Mazda 6. It'd be my choice out of this lot. I don't see a whole lot of difference between the Allion and the Corolla to be frank, if the the choice was just between those two I'd get the Corolla as it seems better value for money...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

stop yapping rubbish mate.

I've owned a 93 sprinter... considering the age...that car harldy gave me trouble and never broke down on the middle of the road.

Only had to service the AC once after the cooler unit developing a leak. And generally, Japanese electronics are far more reliable compred to euros and hold up better in our conditions.

THe only bad thing i see with toyotas is their poor sense of design and absurd market prices in SL. They are the most reliable cars money can buy and that's a fact around the world. Not only in SL.

Stop blabbering like a bloody idiot!

• Like 4

I'll agree with you on the comfort/driving pleasure factor for the price but I'm calling UTTER BULLSHIT on your, "Owned it for 6 months and didn't visit the mechanic once".. That's entirely possible, IF YOU LEFT THE DAMN THING PARKED. How much mileage did you do over the last 6 months? My car is used every day, and in the year I have owned it it's covered nearly 12,000KM. Every single one of those KMs was a lot of fun but I certainly had to deal with plenty of issues along the way. Not saying that I regret it for one moment, just that it's nowhere near as trouble free as a similar age Toyota would have been. And while I personally Love the thing, I wouldn't go around recommending it to every Tom, Dick and Harry like you do.

Euros of this vintage are amazing cars, but they do need TLC if they are going to be used every day.

So I regret to say, you are talking through your Ass my friend.

Please add a 2007 mitsubishi montero sport to the list,

and the sorrento is from one of my friends which i changed with my santafe for some time

i have a santafe 2008

and the euro is a passat for u'r information

My goodness, what a list. So which of your imaginary relatives/friends owns the Santa Fe and the Montero Sport then?

Edited by Supra_Natural
  • Like 1

Guys,

Why dont you do a test run on the Allion and the Mazda? And see for your self?

even an old aliion is expensive for a reason.Allion has the most space and its comfortable.Mazda is sporty and has the looks. (Does the mazda has triptronic?)

Edited by pug306xsi

In my opinion Allions are over priced at 3.5 Mn. 8-9 years old, most of them have doubtful history / mileage.

141 is good value at 3.5 Mn. as long as you buy a low mileage one and most of them will have service history so you will be able to verify them.

Compared to 141, Allion is a car from the higher grade so you will have more options like climate control a/c maybe better audio and is more comfortable and better to drive than the 141.

I have a 141 which does around 8-9 city 12-14 outstation, Allion does little better according to friends who own them.

Mazda will be a nice car to drive but you will have a time at the time of resale.

• Like 1

even an old aliion is expensive for a reason.Allion has the most space and its comfortable.

That is hardly the reason why old allions are priceds so high. I think it's simply because of the toyota badge and the perception that they will have more trouble free miles and cheaper spares than the mazda.

even an old aliion is expensive for a reason.Allion has the most space and its comfortable.Mazda is sporty and has the looks. (Does the mazda has triptronic?)

Dude Mazda is a brand not a car, so be specific. Assuming you're talking about the Mazda Axela/3, it doesn't have triptronic but it has tiptronic. Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe 2003 Allion doesn't have tiptronic (it doesn't matter if you're looking for a manual one though).

Allion is a pretty good Japanese car but we're basically trying to compare an old car to a new one which IMO is not a good thing because they are both pretty good cars (not like we're trying to compare it to a brand new Maruti). I don't know much about the Allion but i'm pretty sure the Mazda Axela/3 has more space and is comfortable than Vios/Axio etc. If you properly inspect a Vios/Axio you will see how cheap looking some things are and less attention to detail they have compared to the Mazda Axela/3.

Edited by zerocool

Dude Mazda is a brand not a car, so be specific. Assuming you're talking about the Mazda Axela/3, it doesn't have triptronic but it has tiptronic. Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe 2003 Allion doesn't have tiptronic (it doesn't matter if you're looking for a manual one though).

Allion is a pretty good Japanese car but we're basically trying to compare an old car to a new one which IMO is not a good thing because they are both pretty good cars (not like we're trying to compare it to a brand new Maruti). I don't know much about the Allion but i'm pretty sure the Mazda Axela/3 has more space and is comfortable than Vios/Axio etc. If you properly inspect a Vios/Axio you will see how cheap looking some things are and less attention to detail they have compared to the Mazda Axela/3.

If you properly inspect a Vios/Axio you will see how cheap looking some things are and less attention to detail they have compared to the Mazda Axela/3. +1

• Like 3

Hey dont get cought to 141. It does only 7-8km/l in Kandy area. try to go to a mazda3. It has a good resale valeu than 141. Even it will never go below 10kmpl what ever the way you drive. Also in mazda some times you might think you drive @ 40km/h but you are realy @ 80km/h. best thing is if your passenger dont like going fast,mazda spedometer is not visible to them :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by wheelman
  • Like 1