• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Grading System?

Sha7

By grading system if you mean the trim models, then I really ain't sure if there is a grading system for Axela.

But for the '3' sold in US/Canada markets there are s, i and MPS/Mazdaspeed versions.

Every Axela/3 I've seen in SL has come with almost all the options seen in highest graded toyota's etc. (And some features which were not there in comparative manu. year toyota's, nissans). Most of these options are standard in Axelas, afaik.

That's one of the reasons that these cars are better against comparative models of other mainstream Japanese manufacturers.

Mazda 3/axela ( model up to 2008) which comes to sri lanka comes mostly in two trims. 15F and 15C.15F is the higher grade. its A/C is automatic. the difference is visible in the A/C controls on the dash.

Thanks. Something I didn't know...

So this is the lower grade:

2007_mazda_3_sedan_air_conditioning_controls.jpg

And this is the higher grade:

Mazda%203-Radio%20(Small).jpg

Am I correct? Is AC controls the ONLY difference between those two trims?

Yes you are correct. To the best of my knowledge that is the only difference. Recently i purchased a higher grade Mazda3.

The basic Axela trim models (2004-2009) are F/C/S and E.

15, 20, 23 denotes the engine capacity hence the full model numbers are 15F, 20C etc..

I cannot figure out what the exact trim differences are .. and they do vary by the model year as well.

But from most Mazda and other guides it seems that F<C<S (can't figure out where E fits).

Did a bit of searching and the basic Axela trim models (2004-2009) are F/C/S and E.

15, 20, 23 denotes the engine capacity hence the full model numbers are 15F, 20C etc..

I cannot figure out what the exact trim differences are .. and they do vary by the model year as well.

But from most Mazda and other guides it seems that F<C<S (can't figure out where E fits).

Actualy not only the A/C system. 6cd changer with boss speakers :angry-smiley-048: alloywheels ,auto lights,Rain senser vipers ect..

Boss speakers? Do they boss you around, while you drive?

I've got all above except cd loader and 'boss' speakers - so does that make my car a mutant model? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Did a bit of searching and the basic Axela trim models (2004-2009) are F/C/S and E.

So how to find this F,C,S thing? Is it marked anywhere?

And also what are the differences between pre-2007 and post 2007 models other than front bumper and rear lights?

Edited by Sha7

Tell you something about the picture it’s a Mazda 3 GT model introduced in 2007 to 2009. For North American market we have three trim levels available GX, GS & top of the line is GT. All Mazda3’s are well equipped. our GX base model starting 2011 has PW, PM, PL, Keyless Entry, Antitheft Alarm, CD MP3 & WMA with Mp3 Player adapter, ABS with EBFD, 4 wheel disk brakes ( Standard since 2004 ), DSC, TCS, 6 SRS Airbags, Alloy wheels, High rigidity body with Triple-H architecture standard now……

Edited by dillongt