• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing A Super Bike To Sri Lanka

racerx

Hi

I hate to ask this since I see people are sick of asking importation questions and the forum may drift from an auto to customs related forum. But I have found some answers in this forum.

I want to import my superbike to sri lanka because I am moving back to sri lanka. My bike has 1098cc displacement and it should be illegal to use on the roads in SL even though I have seen a few on the streets. I have read in another post that it would be legal to bring if it was only for track use. Anyone have any clarification on this and what rate is the duty?

I have done a few searches and found some info but not all. Would really appreciate it someone would send some advice my way.

Hi

I hate to ask this since I see people are sick of asking importation questions and the forum may drift from an auto to customs related forum. But I have found some answers in this forum.

I want to import my superbike to sri lanka because I am moving back to sri lanka. My bike has 1098cc displacement and it should be illegal to use on the roads in SL even though I have seen a few on the streets. I have read in another post that it would be legal to bring if it was only for track use. Anyone have any clarification on this and what rate is the duty?

I have done a few searches and found some info but not all. Would really appreciate it someone would send some advice my way.

'racerx',

To my knowledge this 1098CC motor cycle is not allowed to import to Srilanka can you please log into Srilanka customs and import control department web sites and make a Email inquiry they may give you a positive reply.If not send one of your relatives to import control department to find out how they can help you to get this motor cycle down to Srilanka is the best way.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

i heard that the police have got an equipment that can easily tell the bike's CC in mins

'Magnum',

What they do is they detain the motor cycle send same to Ratmalana German tech or to the RMV Technical department for their report. This was done to one of my vehicles to verify the cc capacity of same during my vehicle import days. the vehicle was released in three days I had to provide a driver if not it will drag on for months.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Didnt you answer your own question there? Besides will mummy let you take the bike out after 6.00pm. And its not like you have a license to ride it.

Leave him alone Watchman! Mummy always let's him out on the Lumala super bike which he had imported, after 6pm to play with his friends if he's got his homework done, so don't be such a hater, we all know you wish you had a lumala...but you don't! Go on Cyrax, give him your best "nya-nyah ne poo poo"!

• Like 1

i think you can import large displacement bikes but it's not possible to register them legally at the moment

suppose you can get down your bike only for track days and that should be perfectly legal

having said all that...you can illegally register the bike and ride along as long as you ride with a bit of common sense.

be less conspicuous, and you should be alright...

• Like 1

Just wondering whether it is possible to get a HC bike released out of Customs legally? Could one actually declare as for racing/track purposes and get a bike released?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i recall that there is a way to get HC bikes registered legally provided you get clearance from the Defense Ministry. huh.gif

have heard many rumours...some say you can pay extra and get the proper reg.

But i'm yet to see concrete evidence to support the case.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I rembr whn i imported mine there were so many questions then i got a contact at customs and he was able to get some paper work done and not only mine 8 more bikes including mine were released but oour chasy numbers/engine numbers were taken down so that we could only track them stripping up from privilage of registering them so i had to get a bogus forged documents to a old liscence plate number i got from panchikawatte from a bike they were destroying

I rembr whn i imported mine there were so many questions then i got a contact at customs and he was able to get some paper work done and not only mine 8 more bikes including mine were released but oour chasy numbers/engine numbers were taken down so that we could only track them stripping up from privilage of registering them so i had to get a bogus forged documents to a old liscence plate number i got from panchikawatte from a bike they were destroying

'dingy',

In Srilanka you can do any thing if you are prepared to spend money.

If You have some political connections then you will be able to do any crime and get away by leaving to another country.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

im not a bike guy per-se, but i am fond of a few large displecement models. the Q i always wonder when i read something like this is, why dont our guys simply turbo or supercharge the engine on a legal 250cc bike??

its been discussed in quite a few bike forums the answer is the effort, time and cost spent on it is not worth the benefit you`ll reap out of it. its only a 250Cc after all. You could prob spend the same amount or even less to get a decent 400CC which would pass off as a 250 much better than say a 600cc or a 750cc

I've heard that a bill has been passed in parliament allowing big bikes as it was requested by the two young princes. However it has not been gazetted as yet according to my source.

Btw saw a Ducati 999 on Horton Place two Sundays ago.

Hi

I have heard that it is allowed to bring down bikes up to 349 CC in engine capacity. But after 250 CC, the nearest available capacity is 350 CC or 400 CC so far.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have heard that it is allowed to bring down bikes up to 349 CC in engine capacity. But after 250 CC, the nearest available capacity is 350 CC or 400 CC so far.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you get 300CC bikes.. off the top of my head the KTM 300 exec & egs...

Edited by Watchman