• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing A Super Bike To Sri Lanka

racerx

I've heard that a bill has been passed in parliament allowing big bikes as it was requested by the two young princes. However it has not been gazetted as yet according to my source.

Btw saw a Ducati 999 on Horton Place two Sundays ago.

I whis this will be gazetted soon! Buying a super bike is one of my dreams!

Somebody please shed some light on this topic. :sport-smiley-027:

I've heard that a bill has been passed in parliament allowing big bikes as it was requested by the two young princes. However it has not been gazetted as yet according to my source.

Btw saw a Ducati 999 on Horton Place two Sundays ago.

21dfmmb.jpg

Edited by kevin1462

I have heard that it is allowed to bring down bikes up to 349 CC in engine capacity. But after 250 CC, the nearest available capacity is 350 CC or 400 CC so far.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

According to the above posted gazette now we can bring down 450cc bikes from 18rh may 2012 onwards. But I have no real life examples for this. This is a good news for all bikers in SL. Because of this new law we can finally bring down a cb400 super four brand new bike since it's still manufactured and it's the only 4 cylinder 400cc bike available. Also we can bring down DRZ400SMs too.http://www.honda.co.jp/CB400SF/price/ Edited by kevin1462
  • Like 1

That might be a good decision not to go the whole hog with engine capacity. I'm thinking that our roads are so narrow and accommodate so many animals, that many less experienced riders with high powered bikes might not be a great idea for safety all at once.

That might be a good decision not to go the whole hog with engine capacity. I'm thinking that our roads are so narrow and accommodate so many animals, that many less experienced riders with high powered bikes might not be a great idea for safety all at once.

True that sir!

• 3 months later...

see this pic

Why would anyone care dude? Did you think that we would take up some banners and placards and go for a protest march or summing?

It might be his, it not be and he was just taking a test spin, end of the day makes no difference to anyone. That buggers immunity from the law doesn't extend to anyone else.

According to the above posted gazette now we can bring down 450cc bikes from 18rh may 2012 onwards. But I have no real life examples for this. This is a good news for all bikers in SL. Because of this new law we can finally bring down a cb400 super four brand new bike since it's still manufactured and it's the only 4 cylinder 400cc bike available. Also we can bring down DRZ400SMs too.http://www.honda.co.jp/CB400SF/price/

Honda XR400 ftw! :) This is great news!!! :)

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...