• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where I Can Find Virs Orginal Alloys

overTuned

Question

Hi Guys,

While hunting for ViRS, I found an auto low mileage one in good condition . The only issue with the car was the original alloys were replaced with 17" alloys. Guys..If I buy it, will it reduce the value of the car ?? Is there any place that I can buy a set of original alloys??

Cheers!

Edited by overTuned

Hi Guys,

While hunting for ViRS, I found an auto low mileage one in good condition . The only issue with the car was the original alloys were replaced with 17" alloys. Guys..If I buy it, will it reduce the value of the car ?? Is there any place that I can buy a set of original alloys??

Cheers!

If the car is good don't worry about the wheels. If you don't like the wheels on it there are plenty of good choices out there to be had for a relatively low price. I think what you should be more worried about is the over-all condition of the engine, suspension, etc.

You can find original alloys if you look around.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Cheers!

not having the orginal alloys of a Virs doesnt make a big difference and its hardly noticeable if the current set of alloys are handy. i personally feel you can have a better looking set of alloys if you are replacing them becoz the original alloys came with the car was fairly an older design nowadays.

and on a separate note, finiding an original set of alloys will be a really really difficult task. unless you manage to get down a set from a japan junk.

Edited by evergreen
  • Like 1

Nowadays having the orginal set of alloys would not really affect the value.Infact the orginal design now is a bit out-dated.If the alloys the cars now sits on,is good looking my , advice would be just keep it.And also when buying a car the aftermarket parts should be given a low priority.The mechanical side should be the main concern.If the vehicle is in good running condition just go for it.Btw the ViRS,a good choice :alc:

Edited by CyRaX

Yeah..We shd pay attention 4 dat. But they quoted they've replaced the shocks from Stafford recently.

hey dude if you look at the bills let me know how it cost him to replaced the shocks.

This is wht am referring machang (http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=55146)

Couple of weeks I tried to find a good ViRS. But most of them were 150K+ on the clock. Only this car was in below 100K. Previously this was owned by a foreigner(Chinese) who has done this alloy swap. Still it's under his name with open papers.

This is wht am referring machang (http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=55146)

Couple of weeks I tried to find a good ViRS. But most of them were 150K+ on the clock. Only this car was in below 100K. Previously this was owned by a foreigner(Chinese) who has done this alloy swap. Still it's under his name with open papers.

for me, the set of alloys look alright. how much is the asking price?

• Like 1

No man..they don't have any records. Asked me to check @ Stafford using the reg #. By the way u running ViRS?

yeah dude i have a vi-rs that's why i'm curious to know about it and i have a word of advice to you i don't thinks looking at mileage of the car work any more because most of the car seller this days change the odometer readings to lower level best thing to do is look the cars overall condition than trusting odometer readings btw how much the asking price for it?.

• Like 1

yeah dude i have a vi-rs that's why i'm curious to know about it and i have a word of advice to you i don't thinks looking at mileage of the car work any more because most of the car seller this days change the odometer readings to lower level best thing to do is look the cars overall condition than trusting odometer readings btw how much the asking price for it?.

Cool :)

They're asking for 22.70. I felt that they'll close the deal for 22.50 even. I made an offer for 22 when i went to inspect.

They're asking for 22.70. I felt that they'll close the deal for 22.50 even. I made an offer for 22 when i went to inspect.

just wondering how fast the prices have gone up..i sold my special edition manual Vi with H plates for 19.50 just an year ago. that was an absolute head turner.

something that i just noticed. the headlamps of the Virs comes smoked as a factory modifiaction. i dont see the smoked lights in this car. these are just ek3 headlamps. probably the owner has changed them due to some reason. please clarify. and the fog lamps too are a factory setting for virs. that too is missing. so the bumper seems an ordinary ek3 bumber apart from the lip. bit doubtful on the matters.

something that i just noticed. the headlamps of the Virs comes smoked as a factory modification. i dont see the smoked lights in this car. these are just ek3 headlamps. probably the owner has changed them due to some reason. please clarify. and the fog lamps too are a factory setting for virs. that too is missing. so the bumper seems an ordinary ek3 bumber apart from the lip. bit doubtful on the matters.

Yes. One of my friend too raised this doubt abt the lipkit & fogs. I guess this met wit an accident & replaced the bumper & the lights.

Edited by overTuned

@ evergreen, nexus

What u think abt this one?? http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=52562

I didn't went to see this yet since this is in Galle. But the seems to be in good condition. Owner saying that he has all the maintenance records. I like this too as the color also rare. The only problem is the mileage. 168K on the clock.

@ evergreen, nexus

I didn't went to see this yet since this is in Galle. But the seems to be in good condition. Owner saying that he has all the maintenance records. I like this too as the color also rare. The only problem is the mileage. 168K on the clock.

the car belongs to a honda club member and some one who loves and knows about hondas. thats all i can say becoz any more information will be against the forum rules. :ninja:

Edited by evergreen

@ evergreen, nexus

168k is not a major deal for a D15B. :rolleyes:

something that i just noticed. the headlamps of the Virs comes smoked as a factory modifiaction. i dont see the smoked lights in this car. these are just ek3 headlamps. probably the owner has changed them due to some reason. please clarify. and the fog lamps too are a factory setting for virs. that too is missing. so the bumper seems an ordinary ek3 bumber apart from the lip. bit doubtful on the matters.

good point evergreen it head light are not vi-rs ones but afaik fog lamps are not stranded there are optional

@ evergreen, nexus

seems to be car in good condition and that color look nice as evergreen said 168k mileage is seems right to considering cars age and it not a problem to D15B engine good luck. :)

Nope the fogs are a factory option. not a standard

Hi Guys,

Cheers!

There was used original alloy wheel set in Ambatenna, Kandy some time back. I took some photos and posted here or PM for a member who was searching for one. It was in decent condition and he quoted price around 20K or 30K if I remember correct.

Guys..Finally settled with a nice ViRS. It's a late 98, GJ plated one with 118K on the clock. Thank you all for the valuable advices,comments,ect..

Hats off to nexus & evergreen for the help.

Congrads Brother..welcome to the honda community! please share some pics of your new babe. :D

Edited by evergreen