• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Covering A Car-Good/bad?

Aship

Hi friends,

Some says it is not good to cover a car? What is the truth behind this?

I'm about to buy my viva elite. This is my very first car. Also, no space in the garage as I'm with my sisters family and their car occupys the full space.

Pls help me.

Thanks

I used to cover my old B13. What i see is in the morning, dew makes the cover stick to the metal and car is soaked in water.

I used to do a quick wash and mop before dew gets dry and leave stains in the paint job. But it's not a easy task in a busy morning.

Only good I see, its good solution for bird pooping.

Edited by cha

Hey man congrats on the first car, good choice too. I highly recommend you keep the car covered, while it will keep off bird shit, bat shit, sap etc., I think you'll find a cover is often insufficient at keeping the car dry. Is there any way to build an extension on the garage to cover the viva? or get your sister to put her car out in the elements? A garage extension or at least some kind of roofing will really help keep the paintwork nice.

Hi friends,

I'm about to buy my viva elite. This is my very first car. Also, no space in the garage as I'm with my sisters family and their car occupys the full space.

Pls help me.

Thanks

what is cha said is right i have cover my old car and current car to this day nothing happen

btw to cha's list i can all so add it's a solution for cats that sleeping on the car

what is cha said is right i have cover my old car and current car to this day nothing happen

btw to cha's list i can all so add it's a solution for cats that sleeping on the car

My stupid cat has a couple of hundreds of cozy places to sleep in and out the house but his favourite place is my car roof and the trunk lid.

He's already ruined the roof and I was thinking about buiyng a cover.

Are there specific covers for specific models or do they come in sizes?

If so, what should I buy for a 406? Large I guess?

My stupid cat has a couple of hundreds of cozy places to sleep in and out the house but his favourite place is my car roof and the trunk lid.

Machang, I will tell you one thing, a car cover only makes it more cosy for a cat... :) I have the same problem, fur, scratches and piss on the car. Nothing you do will keep the cats away. I have a cover that my wife got for her Rav4, works well with the Alfa and the BMW. Waterproof,

Hi friends,

Pls help me.

Thanks

Actually, if you can, put up a a small canvass lean-to next to a wall and park underneath. A cover will be bad news during rainy seasons. If you use the car all the time then it will not be practical to have a car cover.

Also putting on a cover should be done only when the car is bone dry and is without any surface dust. Else you will end up with a car with a million tiny scratches and a very wet and damp car with all the nooks and crannies full of moisture.

Edited by VVTi

Hi friends,

Pls help me.

Thanks

Don't cover the car.

our idiot cats favorite place is car's bonnet and roof sometimes he scratch those places and make a mess but after i start to cover the car he very really sleep on the car.

there are few brands for the car covers but i don't know about them any ways try to find one made with both silk cover and in side made with cotton some covers are comes with only silk cover and for 406 go for large one.

Edited by nexus

well in that case we will need anti-cat car covers :D ..these cats have really insane places to sleep. there was one fellow a few years back in our house and it slept on one of the buffels of an old stereo system and

our idiot cats favorite place is car's bonnet and roof sometimes he scratch those places and make a mess but after i start to cover the car he very really sleep on the car.

there are few brands for the car covers but i don't know about them any ways try to find one made with both silk cover and in side made with cotton some covers are comes with only silk cover and for 406 go for large one.

Don't waste money..

Just take a thin stick and give 2 shots to cat's back side when he's on the bonnet...

Trust me it'll work.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Sha7

Don't waste money..

Just take a thin stick and give 2 shots to cat's back side when he's on the bonnet...

Trust me it'll work.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

trust me on this mater all right i have tried what you said and several other things but nothing seems to work only thing that work so far is covering the car. :)

well in that case we will need anti-cat car covers :D ..these cats have really insane places to sleep. there was one fellow a few years back in our house and it slept on one of the buffels of an old stereo system and

You should have tried set the volume to the max and turn the stereo on while the cat was fast asleep.

Nah, may be not a good idea,you might have to deal with cat shit too in addition to fur and scraches.

On the subject of pets/pests, I have had a cat sleeping inside the radiator fan cowling ! Good thing I do a early morning oil/water check almost everyday ! otherwise the s#@t would have hit the fan... literally.

Another morning yours truly, all bleary eyed and all that, was left wondering who the hell left a mop on the manifold cover until the 'mop' decided to scoot... turned out to be a mongoose ! :blink:

• 1 month later...

Maybe try some sort of smell that will repel the cat on the cover? Essence of dog smile.gif

cats hate the smell of citronella, sprayed some to keep the neighbors cat off our varendah, but getting citronella on the car is the problem :sad-smiley-066: ...

Hi friends,

Pls help me.

Thanks

it totally depends on what kind of cover you get. cheap covers dont last long and sometimes they do more harm than good. a good car cover should be breathable and have a soft skin inside. breathable covers dispel all the trapped heat and condensation inside the cover.

Edited by blkr6

it totally depends on what kind of cover you get. cheap covers dont last long and sometimes they do more harm than good. a good car cover should be breathable and have a soft skin inside. breathable covers dispel all the trapped head and condensation inside the cover.

Dear All,Pls let me know a good place to buy a cover and how much would be the price?Thanks

Dear All,Pls let me know a good place to buy a cover and how much would be the price?Thanks

I bought a decent car cover from a car accessory shop near Kohuwala for Rs 3000/=. It was the best deal i got after checking several places. It has two layers. Outer layer is made out of a fully water repellent silver color material. Due to it's shining nature, even the heat from sun light is decently repelled. Inner layer is soft and cotton like so there's no harm on paint work and there's plenty of breathing space as well. Have been using it for around 3 months without any issues.