• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Non-Vtec Ek3

KFL

Hi, how is the performance of the non-VTEC EK3? I'm not speaking of sporty performance, but rather the usual performance for an overtake etc. And how does it compare economics wise to the VTEC? I know that the VTEC is superior, but I'm not a fan of the Ferrari-like sound (which in fact seems to have been spoilt in most cars now to sound like gas pressure issue - the 'bora bora' sound, you know what I mean.). If the VTEC sound only comes into action after I pass 6000rpm and at about 80-100kmh that's fine with me. But if the sound is active from around 30-40kmh that's what I dislike. Or does it not ?

Hi, how is the performance of the non-VTEC EK3? I'm not speaking of sporty performance, but rather the usual performance for an overtake etc. And how does it compare economics wise to the VTEC? I know that the VTEC is superior, but I'm not a fan of the Ferrari-like sound (which in fact seems to have been spoilt in most cars now to sound like gas pressure issue - the 'bora bora' sound, you know what I mean.). If the VTEC sound only comes into action after I pass 6000rpm and at about 80-100kmh that's fine with me. But if the sound is active from around 30-40kmh that's what I dislike. Or does it not ?

overtake-definitely

Vtec is not all that,its just another system where certain lankans tend to believe it has an apparent magic boost

yeah i know what u mean,actually the civics are gifted with the "fart" sound

Nope the sound or magical boost does not happen till around 55-65,thats when around it kicks in after you pass 6000rpm

overtake-definitely

Vtec is not all that,its just another system where certain lankans tend to believe it has an apparent magic boost

Nope the sound or magical boost does not happen till around 55-65,thats when around it kicks in after you pass 6000rpm

if you don't know the answer don't reply to it retard. :angry-smiley-048:

@op you are taking about ek3 then look at these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-stage_VTEC

• Like 2

go to hell ass,no 1 talkin u

i dont need to cut and paste i have actual knowledge about it but why waste words when you can direct him to a link that show's correct answer this is a some thing your retard mind cannot see this is clearly shows your intelligence level is lower than little kid any ways i have a real car to drive unlike you.

you double posting again it seems to me you can't get enough of me why i start to annoy you. :D

Well my question is, could a VTEC EK3 always sound as noisy as this ?

simple answer is no from the sound it making it surely have a beat barrel to it and that guy is driving in higher revs like over the 5k in my car sometimes i drive at higher revs but it never make this kind of a racket may be some thing wrong with this guys car any ways if you look closely at the video clip when he driving in ecomod car becomes silence any ways test drive some cars then you can decide what to do.

how can u say its a v-tec ek3 bcoz it has 220Kmph in speedo metre as per my knowledge v-tec is a JDM and limited with 180Kmph normally these export models only come with 220 in speedo metre ..donno whether its correct for sri lanka correct if im wrong

how can u say its a v-tec ek3 bcoz it has 220Kmph in speedo metre as per my knowledge v-tec is a JDM and limited with 180Kmph normally these export models only come with 220 in speedo metre ..donno whether its correct for sri lanka correct if im wrong

yes. you are wrong. the civic vti singapore export still carry the 3 stage vtec with D15Z7 engine code and the speedo goes up to 220.

but I'm not a fan of the Ferrari-like sound (which in fact seems to have been spoilt in most cars now to sound like gas pressure issue - the 'bora bora' sound, you know what I mean.).

OMFG.... I might have fractured my forehead.

No, unless you attach a fart can or someother straight-thru muffler to it. And read the video's caption it says the car has a non-restricted exhaust manifold and an aftermarket air intake, and probably cat-converter removed. So that explains the noise at high revs..

Hehe maybe "Ferrari noise" is what inspires people to rice their cars to have "Ferrari noses" :lol:

• Like 1

I really don't have much knowledge about the civic's trim levels. Could someone please enlighten me as to what does EXi mean ? Were all EXis VTEC?

search the forum. this was discussed several times.

• Like 1

If you use a VTEC EK3 with stock exhaust it wont make much of a noise. The low quality exhausts available in the market makes the car sound bad. :) Also if a good exhaust like HKS or 5zigen is used it wont sound bad

Edited by kelum_wj
  • Like 1

overtake-definitely

why don't u go n visit n talk to ashans or nadeeras workshop n u will understand what u mentioned above is 200% nonsense, or u may have a drive with what ever you got with Thivankas or Nigels or even Thilinas old 1992 eg8 vtec n u will feel the magic boost...and the 2 words you mention certain lankens ???????one other thing...learn about vtec( single stage,2 stage ,3 stage, options of v tec controllers ext ext ) feel abt v tec even in srilanka you are lucky to see the the power of mini converted v tec too..SRILANKKA IS A SMALL COUNTRY BUT IT HAS ONE OF THE FASTEST HIGH TEC HONDAS AND A COMMIUNITY WHO LOVES THEIR BRAND,,,

• Like 3

EK3 MI FERIO is also very cool in performance mate it got all d fetures except vtec solonoid.

yes. you are wrong. the civic vti singapore export still carry the 3 stage vtec with D15Z7 engine code and the speedo goes up to 220.

true...and when u do some eng mods with a spoon ecu it flys mate he he

why don't u go n visit n talk to ashans or nadeeras workshop n u will understand what u mentioned above is 200% nonsense, or u may have a drive with what ever you got with Thivankas or Nigels or even Thilinas old 1992 eg8 vtec n u will feel the magic boost...and the 2 words you mention certain lankens ???????one other thing...learn about vtec( single stage,2 stage ,3 stage, options of v tec controllers ext ext ) feel abt v tec even in srilanka you are lucky to see the the power of mini converted v tec too..SRILANKKA IS A SMALL COUNTRY BUT IT HAS ONE OF THE FASTEST HIGH TEC HONDAS AND A COMMIUNITY WHO LOVES THEIR BRAND,,,

well said Racersedge!

true...and when u do some eng mods with a spoon ecu it flys mate he he

if you can please tell me what are those mods you are talking about RACERSEDGE.

Edited by nexus