• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gangulle Weda Mahaththaya - Eye Doctor

dushanf

hi mchan dushan,

he actually lives close to my house..i dont kno him in person bt i have seen loads of his patients on the road after treatment covered their eyes with herbals n stuff..he lives in Gangula, Panadura..hence the name gangule weda mahaththaya i presume..u just gotta cm to Panadura, turn left to Hirana road (thats the big road to ur left infront of panadura hospital/police junction, wont be hard to find), cm another Km or so on that road without making any turns and u'll pass a temple on to ur right..juz ask anyone from that area n they shud be able to direct u to him..im a doctor my self n i have no experience in ayurvedic medicine..so i cnt comment on wat others here r talking about..i hope this helps

machang,

you're a doctor right, maybe you can share some of your medical knowledge with the OP.

PS: in fact i'm quite interested in this too in case there something I can do to improve this sensitivity to light myself.

Edited by Watchman

'dushanf',

This problem I have seen in a foreign country when I was attached to a laboratory we used work under special lights when we come out some workers used to use dark glasses as from their eyes tears come.Three of them were from male Philippines who were working on fine instruments. They were under me when they had this at the start they complained to me I immediately noticed to relevant authorities they were taken to a Eye doctor with me after all eye tests he recommended the dark glasses.After that there was no problem with them I think I have some where the same one given to me but I never used same because I did not have that problem.

Try some dark glasses with the help of a optician.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Thanks a lot for your reply. Appreciate it. :-)

The blinking can be psychological that's why the docs said not to worry.

Been hard to look at the light can be due to some thing like migraine, even my mom has it,

not to worry might not be a problem of the eye meet a good consultant general physician (some one like alawaththa in the motor trade :)) and he'll tell u what to do

Might be some other serious conditions too, but not to worry.

PS- don't ruin u'r eyes by going to those weda mahaththayas because of another problem :(

Thanks a lot for your reply. Appreciate it. :-) But with all your respect I doubt its psychological because even when she exposed to a smaller increase of light even in indoors I can see how hard she struggles to keep open her eyes. It's irritating for us to see it and I'm sure she must be feeling lot worst. I also can't look at bright objects but this is a lot worst than that. Eyes want to shut themselves no matter what.

Do you know a good GP that might worth consulting? If so please let me know. Thanks again for your time..

I'm sure this persons condition is psychological. She seems to have done a lot of doctor shopping. I really don't know why she can't face the facts. May I suggest

1. a visit to a psychiatrist (No offense at all. She just might need some reassurance.)

2. a good quality pair of sunglasses

Thanks a lot for your reply. Appreciate it. :-) Please refer my reply for the previous comment.

Those symptoms don't mean there is something wrong with the eyes, it means they are functioning the way they are supposed to! Yes some people are more sensitive to sunlight than others, but for example eyes closing due to strong sunlight is very normal (try driving on a concrete US highway in bright sunlight). There is a solution for this, and it is called sunglasses...

In any case, sunglasses are recommended for use from young days onwards as strong light is bad for the eyes and increases the risk of cataracts. Suggest she forgets this ayurvedic business and buys a good pair of polarized lenses

Thanks a lot for your reply. Appreciate it. :-) But it's getting worst in a rapid way. So that's why it seem a bit odd. Because she never had this until last year or so in her lifetime and now its getting worst like day by day. Now she finds it difficult to watch tv or use the computer..

I agree with some of the guys said. It might not be something wrong with the eyes per se. I too cannot go out under harsh sunlight. My eyelids start flickering and I have to look down at the ground and shade my eyes with my hands. Your friend appears to have the ame problem as me (maybe a bit worse); so get her a good pair of shades and she should be ok.

From what a doctor friend told me, the blinking is unintentional cos its our nervous system trying to protect our retina's from burning out under intense light. So you shouldn't try to keep your eyes forced open.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Appreciate it very much. :-)

hi mchan dushan,

he actually lives close to my house..i dont kno him in person bt i have seen loads of his patients on the road after treatment covered their eyes with herbals n stuff..he lives in Gangula, Panadura..hence the name gangule weda mahaththaya i presume..u just gotta cm to Panadura, turn left to Hirana road (thats the big road to ur left infront of panadura hospital/police junction, wont be hard to find), cm another Km or so on that road without making any turns and u'll pass a temple on to ur right..juz ask anyone from that area n they shud be able to direct u to him..im a doctor my self n i have no experience in ayurvedic medicine..so i cnt comment on wat others here r talking about..i hope this helps

Thanks a million for your reply. You don't know how much you helped me. Not that I'm not taking the valuable comments others have posted to be on the safe side, but to let go the frustration thought of visiting him with my friend at least to get to know his opinion as to why this is happening and what treatments does he recommend.

But I wont allow him to do any thing that could make things worst. But as I've commented I'm curious to hear his point of view and if the recommended treatments are sensible. The big thing is that she believes in this Vedha a lot so I think by taking her to him would let go her frustration a lot. But will advice her not to get in to trouble.

Thanks again for your kind help and for the detailed directions to how to go to this place. I wont forget you. Have a nice day.. take care..

What is her age,

I'm not a doctor myself but i know that this could be due to the inability of her to constrict the pupil,

or this can be due to the excessive contraction of the tarsal muscle,

or due to a problem with the parasympathetic system of the eye supplying the eye,

did she hit her head recently,

but i think as a doctor damn_it will know about these things more than me, so i think it is best for u to drop to his house bifore visiting the vedha mahaththaya

dear dushan,

some neurological conditions may present like you explained,other than problems with eye per say. it's called "ticks"). but difficult to say without seen the patient. better to consult some neurologist if this problem persist.

Dude you really shouldnt be taking medical advice off a automotive forum, or any place on the internet for that matter. Go a good hospital like apollo or arsiri they have plenty of good GP's they should be able to sort her out. Best of luck bro.

Dude you really shouldnt be taking medical advice off a automotive forum, or any place on the internet for that matter. Go a good hospital like apollo or arsiri they have plenty of good GP's they should be able to sort her out. Best of luck bro.

He wasnt asking for medical advice, he was asking WHERE to get medical advice.

Appreciate your comment Sylvi Wijesinghe. But that person is fed up visiting western eye doctors and I'm sure she has visited all most all the good western eye doctors including the one who treated former president Chandrika Bandaranayake. They always say there is no problem with the eyes and ask not to be worried. But there is something wrong with the eyes, its nothing to do with vision, its to do with excessive eye blinking when exposed to lights, sun..etc. sometimes she finds it difficult to keep her eyes open on the outside because of the sun. So thats why we thought of seeking ayurvedic treatments.,

Then show her to a Psychiatrist.

Agree..see what 'White' fella did to many stars...nod Sylvi's comments too..lets not be penny wise pound foolish and play with the sight!

MINIACE

Mini i think that white fellow was a western medicine practitioner and not Ayurveda... right :mellow:

He wasnt asking for medical advice, he was asking WHERE to get medical advice.

Yes, but people have been freely dispensing medical advice in the above posts and all im telling him is to be wary about the medical advice given on the internet..

• 1 year later...

Is this for real? One can search for "gangule weda medura" in a google map. Lot easier. (Only thing is there will be so many weda medurus around the country but most provide cures only for so called chronic ailments in THE most vital organ). [:)]