• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fd1 Or Lancer Ex

Bumble

Question

Im planning to buy a second hand car and struggling with what to buy. Since I have used a corolla 121 earlier, I know nothing about Honda FD1 and Lancer EX . If anyone knows good and bad stuff about these models OR can suggest a good car/suv model, would please write. Thanx very much!!!

Go for FD1 and see the difference.Only problem for me is ground clearence. Even it touches when you enter to Arpico at Battaramulla with 4 people in the car. Other than that It is excellent in performance.

Thanks to the FD3 Hybrid influx, prices of FD1's have crashed compared to what it was a year ago. So it will be good value for money. But that said, The lance ex would be less of a common car. If you opt for the lance ex, try to go for the high spec one as oppose to the basic model that looks very cheapish!

Seems to be a lot of FD1 fans on the thread and I'm sure you guys all have experience with the cars, but mine has been quite different.

The FD1 1.8 with the paddle shift is still sluggish, only slightly improved over the 1.6 IMHO. I've done some long drives in the FD1 and found it to be thirsty as heck, we got about 6-7km/l out of it whereas we were squeezing 9.5-10.5 out of the lancer. I didn't find the Lancer much of a mover either, but for a 1.6l I felt that it performed better than the FD1 1.8l. However, have you guys been in the 2.0lancer GT? It is fabulous, although I've only gone for a ride in the 2.0 Lancer GT (also with paddle shift) the thing is just awesome, don't know how much it costs, but it is fantastic. The FD1 has nice looks, but then again, so has the Lancer. I'm swayed toward the Lancer for a bit better performance and better efficiency. No offence to the FD1 fans, but I can only write my experiences.

Seems to be a lot of FD1 fans on the thread and I'm sure you guys all have experience with the cars, but mine has been quite different.

The FD1 1.8 with the paddle shift is still sluggish, only slightly improved over the 1.6 IMHO. I've done some long drives in the FD1 and found it to be thirsty as heck, we got about 6-7km/l out of it whereas we were squeezing 9.5-10.5 out of the lancer. I didn't find the Lancer much of a mover either, but for a 1.6l I felt that it performed better than the FD1 1.8l. However, have you guys been in the 2.0lancer GT? It is fabulous, although I've only gone for a ride in the 2.0 Lancer GT (also with paddle shift) the thing is just awesome, don't know how much it costs, but it is fantastic. The FD1 has nice looks, but then again, so has the Lancer. I'm swayed toward the Lancer for a bit better performance and better efficiency. No offence to the FD1 fans, but I can only write my experiences.

have really driven an FD1 ?

nope you are right about the FD1,my dads friend despises his car due to so many reasons, the lancer is so much better and offers much more.Thank you so much for detailing the FD1,its nothing to die for,hondas rarely offer anything anyway :lol:

To be honest honda is lower than a piece of shit, lancer is the shiznet,thats how bad honda is and everything about is sheer rubbish,and stop quoting like a 6yr old :action-smiley-060:

you know I was like you once upon a time when I thought my car was THE car.. but then I grew up and so should you... but then again these forums are full of "nothing to do 3year old" fagots.. so I guess we'll have to live with that.. and let them have some fun on their needs for speed break..

• Like 1

My former car was a Lancer Ex 1.5 GLS (Auto)

Pros:

• Excellent Ground clearance, 5up full load in the boot no issues.
  • Fuel economy regular Colombo traffic 9-10 km/l, outstation 12-15 km/l with a really hard right foot, (same route my other cars does Swift 1.2L 9-10, Corolla 141 1.6L 8-9)
  • Decent handling, better than 141, I have not driven the FD1, being a Honda it might be better.
  • Good interior room.
  • Good looks, more options if you opt for the GLS.

Cons:

• Not very reliable, issues with ABS sensors, radiator cooling fan, carbon in throttle body are common.

• Will be difficult to sell, on the plus side you could get a bargain if you are buying second hand, probably 300-500k less than the FD1

• Car is under powered 105 bhp Vs 125 bhp on FD1 1.6L, however lower gearing compensate in city/ urban driving.

• Boot space mediocre due to full size spare wheel, if this is a concern.

• Like 2

you know I was like you once upon a time when I thought my car was THE car.. but then I grew up and so should you... but then again these forums are full of "nothing to do 3year old" fagots.. so I guess we'll have to live with that.. and let them have some fun on their needs for speed break..

Yes FD1 is better. come on :alc:

If you are buying a FD1 go for a 1.8l version as the 1.6l is underpowered and both give similar fuel figures. The 1.8 has better acceleration. If you are buying a Lancer Ex go for the one with projector lamps or else the GT 2.0 version (It looks stunning). Also how about the new City with I-VTEC. Its powerful and economical and also comes with Paddle shift :)

My former car was a Lancer Ex 1.5 GLS (Auto)

Pros:

• Excellent Ground clearance, 5up full load in the boot no issues.
  • Fuel economy regular Colombo traffic 9-10 km/l, outstation 12-15 km/l with a really hard right foot, (same route my other cars does Swift 1.2L 9-10, Corolla 141 1.6L 8-9)
  • Decent handling, better than 141, I have not driven the FD1, being a Honda it might be better.
  • Good interior room.
  • Good looks, more options if you opt for the GLS.

Cons:

• Not very reliable, issues with ABS sensors, radiator cooling fan, carbon in throttle body are common.

• Will be difficult to sell, on the plus side you could get a bargain if you are buying second hand, probably 300-500k less than the FD1

• Car is under powered 105 bhp Vs 125 bhp on FD1 1.6L, however lower gearing compensate in city/ urban driving.

• Boot space mediocre due to full size spare wheel, if this is a concern.

I think you are confusing two different lancers. The OP is referring to the ninth gen and i think, judging by the cons list, you are talking of the eighth gen model discontinued in 2007. I disagree with you that the Lancer Ex is underpowered, although it is by no means a 'mover' it would be wrong to call it underpowered, particularly in the Sri Lankan context. The eighth gen model had the throttle body issue to which you refer, but i wasn't aware it had these other issues, I certainly didn't with my CS1, but more to the point, I think it would be a mistake to assume that as the eighth gen model had these issues, the ninth is also liable for the same ones. Plus the 2.0GT is like sex on wheels, worth whatever it costs IMHO.

I think you are confusing two different lancers. The OP is referring to the ninth gen and i think, judging by the cons list, you are talking of the eighth gen model discontinued in 2007. I disagree with you that the Lancer Ex is underpowered, although it is by no means a 'mover' it would be wrong to call it underpowered, particularly in the Sri Lankan context. The eighth gen model had the throttle body issue to which you refer, but i wasn't aware it had these other issues, I certainly didn't with my CS1, but more to the point, I think it would be a mistake to assume that as the eighth gen model had these issues, the ninth is also liable for the same ones. Plus the 2.0GT is like sex on wheels, worth whatever it costs IMHO.

dude.. wat is wrong wit u man.. ok fine call your Lancer a mover.. a fast car.. or a even a p***y wagon... but sex on wheels ? oh common man.. are you for real ?

mate trust me u were never like me and never will be,and i assume u owned an eg8 decorated for a vesak parade is it,so if these forums are full of that,why are you complaining man,just leave,be-gone,u grew up,so did they throw u a puberty party after you realized how crap hondas are, :violent-smiley-099:

• Like 1

dude.. wat is wrong wit u man.. ok fine call your Lancer a mover.. a fast car.. or a even a p***y wagon... but sex on wheels ? oh common man.. are you for real ?

err...illiterate, please re-read before you spout nonsense or get someone who knows english akuru to read it to you. I said said lancer is not (that is a negative, dummy) a mover and the 2.0l GT is great (that means good, ok?). Or is it that you need glasses? Can recommend an optician for you. Better you leave your keyboard alone until then please, there's a good dragster.

Edited by ShintaroX