• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Clean Dashboard Meter Glass

Ranga1977

Guys,

My vehicles dashboard meter glass is covered with a layers look like mist(oily). Due to this meteres are not visible clearly. Any idea how to remove this and clear the glass?

Do not use alcohols or any dash cleaner. That plastic is sensitive. Let an expert comment, I myself is fearful of advising you as I am not 100% sure. I just wanted to stp you doing any experiments till someone who has hands on on this type of thing replies.

• Like 1

Don't let the guys in car wash joints and service stations to apply any sub standard quality liquids which you don't know of, to any of the components in the dash including the meter 'glass'. The exposed layer of the plastic cover becomes misty and you have to get rid of this layer to get rid of this misty look. I've tried brasso as well as B-cut super on some old vehicles I had and got some good results. However, the KE72 gave a bit of a trouble as small hairline cracks were visible when parked under heavy sun, but all in all the results were good.

Look for a good plastic compound or even proceed with brasso with a caution, as in, I will not be held responsible if it further ruins :D. Apply on a small area and see whether it works and proceed with the rest. Good luck

a little bit of super-cut will fix up the lens. Make sure you use a soft cloth (preferably microfiber) and gently rub the plastic without applying too much pressure. Wipe any remaining liquid off and apply a good protectant.

There comes the THE POLISH MAN (newest addition to marvel comics :P )

I assume the B-cut super I used and super-cut are the same?

There comes the THE POLISH MAN (newest addition to marvel comics :P )

I assume the B-cut super I used and super-cut are the same?

Lol.

Yeah it's the same. I think it's a bit better than using brasso or rubbing compound since it's a bit milder.

let's say both, usually the case is scratches. No project or task close by, but just to comprehensive my inventory as this is something I never tried.

Wurth interior cleaner works very well for cleaning out the dashboard and other plastics. Smells pretty good too :) . For restoring black finishes motorcade had something. Can't quite remember the name but will let you know when I drop by there next time. As for clear plastics I either use super cut or 3m medium duty rubbing compound (for stuff like healights). If you are using it on the dashboard go for a light duty rubbing compound and do not use it all the time.

Wurth interior cleaner works very well for cleaning out the dashboard and other plastics. Smells pretty good too :) . For restoring black finishes motorcade had something. Can't quite remember the name but will let you know when I drop by there next time. As for clear plastics I either use super cut or 3m medium duty rubbing compound (for stuff like healights). If you are using it on the dashboard go for a light duty rubbing compound and do not use it all the time.

Absorbed! for clear plastics I do use B-cut super and brasso, it worked all the time, should try this 3M stuff anyway