• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Clean Yellow Oxidized Head Lights?

lahiru_carlover

i have Nissan N16 car.colour of both of headlights are now become yellow.what is the reason for that?sun light?

i want to know how to clean that?

check this link dude you can find what your needs and the headlights become yellow because of the sun's uv rays. :)

If there are white flecks, try head and shoulders anti-dandruff.

well the thing with pantene is that the minerals and pro-v stuff actually reacts with the athmospheric and road dust particles and contaminants present on the headlight. It converts them into molecules which can be remove by wiping the headlight with a soft cloth. Sunilk and other cheaper brands do not have this ability and I think you are joking about the head&shoulders. The pyrithione zinc in H&S actually causes deterioration of the plastic surface.

• 2 years later...

Guys did some DIY job on my head lights. Photos taken after I cleaned one left side headlight. So there is not much change. in one photo. Other one has yellow shade in photo it self, but it was before cleaning, after about 20mins work out come was pretty amazing.

http://yfrog.com/message/6x8jj3c5c5

http://yfrog.com/message/otjdbvyk8p

Edit : yfrog doesn't give forum links now, anybody know how it works?

I used a chemical I got from ebay for about 20 - 25 USD. Depends on the condition of lights you'll have enough chemical left for another round.

Edited by MkX

Toothpaste acts as a very light rubbing compound. If it doesn't get the job done, try a harsher rubbing compound.

Search youtube for Mighty Car Mods headlight repair (or something along that line). They try out a few options on a S15. Comical as they are, you might pick something up.