• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Immobiliser For Viva Elite

azhar

Despite knowing about customers being cheated on not keeping up to the promised delivery dates and delays in waiting time, I ordered a Viva Elite MT on Monday at UniMo as recommended by most guys in this forum.

However, I was informed that new Viva Elites are coming with a 'Immobiliser' as standard and this will be an additional Rs 15,000 to Rs. 17000 being added to the final VAT invoice. Besides promising that the vehicle will be in Sri Lanka end of October, they also told me that I would have to agree to be charged at new tax rates if the government decided to increase tax rates in the Budget due in November.

I want to clarify two things..

1) Is the price quoted for the Immobiliser reasonable (since a sales person told me that market rates were around Rs. 40,000 and its being factory fitted so its cheap)?

2) Even if the govt increase tax rates in November in the Budget 2012, it normally becomes effective from January 1, 2012 right unless they say its immediate which can also be the case as it happened last time around? So would I be safe?

By the way, they have promised me the vehicle end October (WHICH I DONT BELIEVE)..Considering past experiences, when do you think would they clear the vehicle for me latest?

1. B*llsh*t. The cost far far less than 40k, but, the system is a little different since most factory systems use a chip in the key, whereas aftermarket ones use the remote. Basically if you loose a key and have a factory system you are going to have to get a key programmed from unimo, which would cost quite a bit.

1. B*llsh*t. The cost far far less than 40k, but, the system is a little different since most factory systems use a chip in the key, whereas aftermarket ones use the remote. Basically if you loose a key and have a factory system you are going to have to get a key programmed from unimo, which would cost quite a bit.

As per the user manual says if you lost one key you have to send the key to Perodua factory and they will program another key and send you both. And it also says you can request upto 4 keys at the time of ordering the car.

In my openion i would prefer the old / traditional key system. Because if a thief want to take the car anyway they will do it. Most probably they dnt take the car but they will break-in and take the valueble in the car (eg- a wallet,...)

Mind you this smart key is only effective to the ignition. Not for the doors.. (As per the user manual).. :)

- As of i know after market imobiliser systems are not that expensive. I fixed one from S#n La#$a for 12K and there were also cheaper ones. (But i did not fix after market security systems to my old viva, i very muck ok with the factory fitted security system)

I also went through the same hassle during last week and had to blast their so called AGM – “Lianol” on the spot. They are nil in customer service and doesn’t know how to satisfy a customer, even the fault is on their side. They are really demanding on customers had to fight for the buck we have already paid. They are willing to pay back if we cannot wait till they deliver the vehicle! that’s their policy.

I’ve placed the order (for my bro) in first week of April and promised delivery date was 25th June. Up to 25th of July they have extended the delivery date by telling us several reasons (delay in delivering engine & gear box from Japan & fixing 'Immobilizer' ect.). Got the vehicle to my hand finally on 8th Aug.

There’s no choice for fixing the ‘Immobilizer’, since its factory fitted and we have to pay whatever the price they quote. But FYI I paid only 7500/- in mid July.

I’ve got caught to the last tax revision and had to pay 125K extra.

I don’t think that they can deliver your car on the promised date, since there’s no on time delivery records in their past.

We cannot blame the vehicle because of the stupid management Unimo has.

There’s no choice for fixing the ‘Immobilizer’, since its factory fitted and we have to pay whatever the price they quote. But FYI I paid only 7500/- in mid July.

Thanks everyone for the very useful replies. Btw, LaRa did you only pay Rs.7500 for the immobiliser last month? Howcome they are quoting double the price now..

BTW, when I walked into the showroom on Monday, a customer who is working in Dubai, who was promised the car end June and still waiting was shouting at the staff saying 'you guys are cheating. I want the car now. First you said 2 months and later told me to call in 2 weeks for the last one month or so. Now I have come on my holiday thinking that I will have my car ready and still you are giving an excuse that RMV has not got my car in the allocation' Then he turned to me and said "Dont believe this stupid fellow. They are telling lies"....What an experience on the day I went to pay an advance! Btw, although I requested them to give me the delivery date in writing, they told me its not a part of their policy"...

I guess their policy is to cheat people on delivery times......

Edited by azhar

Thanks everyone for the very useful replies. Btw, LaRa did you only pay Rs.7500 for the immobiliser last month? Howcome they are quoting double the price now..

BTW, when I walked into the showroom on Monday, a customer who is working in Dubai, who was promised the car end June and still waiting was shouting at the staff saying 'you guys are cheating. I want the car now. First you said 2 months and later told me to call in 2 weeks for the last one month or so. Now I have come on my holiday thinking that I will have my car ready and still you are giving an excuse that RMV has not got my car in the allocation' Then he turned to me and said "Dont believe this stupid fellow. They are telling lies"....What an experience on the day I went to pay an advance! Btw, although I requested them to give me the delivery date in writing, they told me its not a part of their policy"...

[/quo

yep ....definitely correct what he said.they are :violent-smiley-099: fu..ing liers. still i am waiting.now its been 4 months later with same answers....

yep ....definitely correct what he said.they are :violent-smiley-099: fu..ing liers. still i am waiting.now its been 4 months later with same answers....

I collected my car last Friday, Even i payed Rs.7500 for the immobilizer..rolleyes.gif (If the immobilizer is factory fitted why are they charging it separately..??)

1. May be they are trying to collect some money as they are running out of business

2. May be they cheat their customers initially saying that the car is 14.95 or 15.95 and later adding the immobilizer charge.

3. Etc.. Etc.. Etc..

“kmeeg” also confirmed the price of immobilizer was 7500/- hope they are finding so many ways to cheat people!!!

“kmeeg” – Just a small Q – did they apply any undercoating to your car (tar kind of a thing) locally?

During the argument with their AGM he asked me not to use the “Cheating” word without knowing the reason of same. Am happy to see that people are repeating the same word over and over.

"kmeeg" – Just a small Q – did they apply any undercoating to your car (tar kind of a thing) locally?

As of my knowledge 'Nop'. I didn't even notice such a thing. No one mention abt this 'undercoating' thing when i collect the car..

Just have a look under wheel arches whether something is applied in black?

By default it comes in body colour.

I see that its black (just had a look). But dnt know whether its locally applied or not. As i can remember the old Viva also had it black (Cnt check it now, i'm at office now).. :) Are u sure its a somewhat coating..? I thought its just a paint.. :)

Edited by kmeeg

I collected my car last Friday, Even i payed Rs.7500 for the immobilizer..rolleyes.gif (If the immobilizer is factory fitted why are they charging it separately..??)

1. May be they are trying to collect some money as they are running out of business

2. May be they cheat their customers initially saying that the car is 14.95 or 15.95 and later adding the immobilizer charge.

3. Etc.. Etc.. Etc..

I called the girl who took my advance and had a long argument on this immobiliser issue. First she said that Rs. 7500 would have been for the registration and not for the immobiliser, and this is wrong information i have got. Later when I insisted that "i have the invoice which says Rs.7500 for the immobiliser" just to trap her, then she covered it up saying "probably when your friend ordered it, we might have not told about this and thats why, we are charging a reduced price".."however since we have informed you and you have placed a signature on the agreement, you will have to pay the full amount," she said.

Was this the case??

I called the girl who took my advance and had a long argument on this immobiliser issue. First she said that Rs. 7500 would have been for the registration and not for the immobiliser, and this is wrong information i have got. Later when I insisted that "i have the invoice which says Rs.7500 for the immobiliser" just to trap her, then she covered it up saying "probably when your friend ordered it, we might have not told about this and thats why, we are charging a reduced price".."however since we have informed you and you have placed a signature on the agreement, you will have to pay the full amount," she said.

Was this the case??

I didn't went into details mate. My salesman asked me extra 7.5K so i gave it and took the car. (Thinking to my self this is the last time)..:action-smiley-060:

I didn't went into details mate. My salesman asked me extra 7.5K so i gave it and took the car. (Thinking to my self this is the last time)..:action-smiley-060:

Oh no!!!! Does that mean you are NOT SURE whether the Rs. 7500 was for the immobiliser? Hehe...now you are putting me into trouble mate!!!!!!!

Then probably it should have been for the registration!!!!!!! Who am I to believe now.....

Oh no!!!! Does that mean you are NOT SURE whether the Rs. 7500 was for the immobiliser? Hehe...now you are putting me into trouble mate!!!!!!!

Then probably it should have been for the registration!!!!!!! Who am I to believe now.....

What i meant was the sales man said that new Viva comes with this immobiliser. So the total value will be +7500. So i paid that and took the car. I did not went into details and argue with them. I know they are all liars. So no point of argue..:action-smiley-060: (My advice is just pay it and finish it off)

I paid government tax, I paid extra 7,500/- for what ever, found still wet tar paint under the mudguards,

found left side hood rubber strip like thing is out of order, found noise coming from left break caliper.

I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, I forget all the things I being trough for last 1 1/2 months,I finally got the car yesterday.

Today I sold my good old b13 for 8.25, I am a happy man.

Edited by cha

Un-Mo said extra 20,000 for immobilizer to Viva elite .I ordered 3 months ago and said I can get it abt end of Aug.

So you guys paid 7500 and for me it's 20 000.So there should be something.

So for final it's 15,15k for viva elite 1000cc manual.(14,95k +20k)

And what is the tar coating and door problem..?

Are Un-Mo people cheating us?????

Edited by KasunCharya

My frnd said its inside get wet in a heavy rain through dashboard fittings ,...mean near the padals.

Is it true??

'KasunCharya',

Some new Vehicles have this problem water leaking from the Windshield have to get it examined under high water pressure jet on to the W/S.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'KasunCharya',

Some new Vehicles have this problem water leaking from the Windshield have to get it examined under high water pressure jet on to the W/S.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thank Sylvi.,BTW is it only applicable to viva or other new types as vitz,A-Star ,Alto...?

Any way as you are saying it's not a big issue bcz applying under high water pressure jet.

What i meant was the sales man said that new Viva comes with this immobiliser. So the total value will be +7500. So i paid that and took the car. I did not went into details and argue with them. I know they are all liars. So no point of argue..:action-smiley-060: (My advice is just pay it and finish it off)

I paid government tax, I paid extra 7,500/- for what ever, found still wet tar paint under the mudguards,

found left side hood rubber strip like thing is out of order, found noise coming from left break caliper.

I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, I forget all the things I being trough for last 1 1/2 months,I finally got the car yesterday.

Today I sold my good old b13 for 8.25, I[b] am a happy man.[/b]

Seriously???

The day I start my own business I wish I get clients/customers just like you, who are wiling to put up with any and all delays in serving them and any faulty products I sell them.

• Like 1