• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Place To Buy Car Maintance Equipments

cseguide

Question

Please some one help me to find out places to purchase following equipments. If your are aware please tell me the best brand and model(price if possible) for each one

1. Vacuum cleaner to clean the car interior

2.car Tyre pressure pump- which can use with car litter

3. high pressure car washer

Thanks in-advance

13 answers to this question

Tried ebay ?

Is that your soloution to everything?ebay?...Ever heard of shipping costs for such big package like a washer or the lack of warrenty,customs detaining packages and imposing huge taxes...I think not,but when you have a computer,its very easy to suggest stuff to random people I guess without any practical knowledge.

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 2

Please some one help me to find out places to purchase following equipments. If your are aware please tell me the best brand and model(price if possible) for each one

Thanks in-advance

[/quote.

'cseguide'

If you want High quality with a guarantee Vacuum cleaner and the high pressure washer can buy from Thudave show room at Elvitigala road Narahenpita Tel 2368494.Some times they will have Tyre pressure pumps with a tank too.Most car cleaning stations their equipment.

I Always use Chinese due to their cost and repair ability I have.

If you want cheap equipment you can go for Chinese.

Blower to blow out dirt only rotary high speed fan type.Under Rupees 5000.00

With Tyre pressure pump and blow jet on it to use inside your car can do spray painting also from the same unit. can buy high pressure washers at Panchikawathhe shops I do not know their guarantee.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks in-advance

1. I use a haier wet/dry vacuum from abans. Costs about 12k IIRC. You can find cheaper priced chinese shop vacs @ panchi.

2. Staple street Food city had em last time I checked. Although these pumps are relatively worthless as they take quite a while to pump and you need to give the pump time to cool off after every tire. You are better off going to the shed, unless you have an air compressor at home.

3. You can find chinese ones in panchi for about 10-15k depending on the rated pressure. Get them from a bigger shop there which is willing to back up the product. I got one and I can safely say that this chinese crap has taken a lot of abuse without failing as yet.

Checkout Hunters & Company too,their T.B Jaya mawatha place had some German,Italian and Chinese washers for sale last time I visited.

'MasterDon',

Yes you are correct. Hunters have good equipment little expensive good after sales service.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks for all

Today I checked some protects

1.Pressure washer: Karcher model K 2.14 price 14900/=

2.Black & Decor model-VM1630 price 16900/=

I also checked this post

Do you have experience regarding this- Einhell washer please give some information before coming final decision.

The Karcher is the small one without wheels and no soap bottle right? I would vote against it. When I cbheck it out, it looked like a real PITA having to carry a sewperate bottle to feed it with soap and all. From what I heard Einhell is a good brand. Should be in that price range. Also when buying do check the pressure it operates at.

too low= won't even wash the bird crap off the windshield. Can't clean wheel wells all that well.

too high= will damage your paint.

Thanks for all

Today I checked some protects

1.Pressure washer: Karcher model K 2.14 price 14900/=

2.Black & Decor model-VM1630 price 16900/=

I also checked this post

Do you have experience regarding this- Einhell washer please give some information before coming final decision.

I've been using a Karcher model K 2.14 for about 6 months. But to be practical with it I had to buy these items seperately.

Vario-Power lance - the supplied dirt blaster lance is too powerful to use on paint.

Universal hose connector with Aqua Stop - it was impossible to connect the garden hose to the washer without this.

6 meter high pressure extension hose (you can connect this to the supplied hose )- the supplied hose is too short to use with my cab. This is very useful as you don't have to move the washer around the vehicle.

Vario-Power lance for K2 model and 6 meter high pressure extension hose were not available in Tudawe at that time so I bought them from a UK site - espares.co.uk

car tyre pressure pump - I've been using a cheap chinese pressure pump bought from a hardware store for few years without problems. It can be used on all 4 tyres continuesly.

Edited by hyacc

Karcher high pressure cleaners,one of the best in its kind, has only 70 hrs of life.

Its a great water saver, but use with care only when and where you absolutely want it.

(not to wash the by the side trees, pavements etc. etc while washing the car :rolleyes: )

Karcher high pressure cleaners,one of the best in its kind, has only 70 hrs of life.

Its a great water saver, but use with care only when and where you absolutely want it.

(not to wash the by the side trees, pavements etc. etc while washing the car :rolleyes: )

for once I'm going to have to say I'm better off with the chinese crap. Hose connector was included. Just had to hook it up and spray away. Considering how often it gets used (almost daily) I'm surprised at the abuse it can take, including me tossing the handle on the ground. Oh yeah and because I do hate holding the trigger down I just put a zip tie on it and use the switch on the pump to turn it off.

BTW machan, power washers may be great water savers, but, have a look at your electricity meter when the thing is running.

Today I checked with St Anthony's Hardware, colombo 10. They are now not importing Enhill washer. So we have to omit that. Hunters they have Oleomac. But minimum price starting from 35,000. which is to costly for domestic use. they have a China one (Omitec) 16500.00.

for once I'm going to have to say I'm better off with the chinese crap. Hose connector was included. Just had to hook it up and spray away. Considering how often it gets used (almost daily) I'm surprised at the abuse it can take, including me tossing the handle on the ground. Oh yeah and because I do hate holding the trigger down I just put a zip tie on it and use the switch on the pump to turn it off.

BTW machan, power washers may be great water savers, but, have a look at your electricity meter when the thing is running.

Jdnet :rolleyes: Where did you buy your Chinese product and price