• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4Dr5 Jeep Battery

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi,

First of all I apologize if this question make no sense. I was wondering to know whether we can have a 24V single battery (140AMP or Higher) for the 4DR5 J44 Jeep that has 2(two) 12V - 70AMP batteries normally. But I am not so sure whether any 24V batteries are available in the market that can power that much but if its so can we use a single battery instead of two?

And second of all I am searching Single 12V Car Battery Charger that may not cost a lot but found on the web that there are several types of chargers and the best ones support 3 stages of charging automatically. So I don't know this is available on regular Single Battery Chargers and if so How can I find that what is the best one that do not destroy the batteries while they are being charged?

At last Is it Ok to have a 12V 70Amp battery and 12V 90Amp battery together in a 4DR5 J44 Jeep? Will it create problems?

Thanks a lot in advance and please reply if you know anything. Thanks again.

2 answers to this question

At last Is it Ok to have a 12V 70Amp battery and 12V 90Amp battery together in a 4DR5 J44 Jeep? Will it create problems?

Thanks a lot in advance and please reply if you know anything. Thanks again.

That's quite ok but not the best in a series circuit. However, make sure that the 90Ah battery on the passenger side where it takes the (+) to the starter motor.

For one, I dont think you get 24v batteries, and even if it did the current wont be doubled (cos its in series).

And secondly, why do you want to do that. Possible problems:

1- if one battery goes bust you can change just that as opposed to having to change the now single (more expensive) 24v battery.

2- if you need a 12v line for some accessory or device ( DC power outlet, radio, wiper motor, horn etc etc) you might have to go through a converter which is an additional complication.

I think the 12+12 combination is quite good, as it allows you to even use those batteries in any other normal 12v vehicle you might have :)

Edited by Watchman