• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japan Alto Fuel Consumption

jani

Question

Hi,

I am driving japan SUZUKI ALTO (650 CC).

It is running 10km per one liter,but i guess it should be work 15-18 per one liter.

Pls tell me what should i do to get good fuel consumption.Which parts i need to check,what is the recommended place.

PS: I have changed Plugs and air filter before 15000 km from now

tx

Edited by jani

21 answers to this question

Hi,

It is running 10km per one liter,but i guess it should be work 15-18 per one liter.

Pls tell me what should i do to get good fuel consumption.Which parts i need to check,what is the recommended place.

tx

Hi All,

I am having the same problem. i have done engine tuning but theproblem is still there.

i am also looking for an answere.

Hi,

tx

Indian Alto gives you that .

Hi,

tx

How did you expect it to be that fuel efficient 15-18 ? I guess you have made that assumption because it is a small car with a small engine.

I think the things you have to consider is

1. How many people does your car usually transport

2. What is the normal speed that you drive your car at

3. Are you heavy on the accelerator

Usually to get good fuel economy in a petrol car you need to keep the maximum revs under about 3000rpm constantly. But if you exceed this all the time to accelerate etc this obvious consumes more fuel. Also if you have to spend a lot of time in the lower gears (1-3) it has the same effect.

Unfortunately on smaller engined cars don't produce a lot of power so you end of having to rev the engine a lot and spend a lot of time on the lower gears to accelerate. Hence the fuel economy in the real world can be a bit disappointing. I personally think your car is probably ok. You can see if cleaning the fuel system, throttle body, replacing the plugs etc makes a difference, but you will probably get better results by adjusting your driving style and in the process becoming a very boring driver :)

Hi,

tx

You should get between 12-14 kmpl in city driving.You should change the Air filter every 10 000 kms (depends on the condition and better if you do it once a year even if it has covered less than 10 000 kms). Clean the injectors,throttle body and run a diagnostic test to find any error codes. And reset the Ecu after doing all this and the fuel economy should improve :).

Edited by kelum_wj

Hi All,

I am having the same problem. i have done engine tuning but theproblem is still there.

i am also looking for an answere.

I also have the same issue. Mine is running 11km per one liter (City) Is there any good place to tune the engine? (Borella Area preferred)

Quite a few people have confirmed what I suspected. These fuel figures are normal :) The funny thing is I get about 9 from my 1500cc and I tend to vary between rather mellow driving and heavy on the pedal.

Haha dude, this is what happens when idiots listen to sales pitches and actually believe them!

I vaguely remember someone claiming that a 660CC turbo can do 15km/l and overtake a 1500CC car easily!

i dont know about u guys.. but i hve a maruti 800 for fun. im really heavy in acceleration..

but the car does extraordinary in fuel ..within Colombo in heavy traffic around 13 km/l n out station its around 17 km/l with air condition ..

but i could say the 800 cc is far better than ma 1.5 axio (X)grade in racing... :alc:

cheers :angry-smiley-048:

i dont know about u guys.. but i hve a maruti 800 for fun. im really heavy in acceleration..

but the car does extraordinary in fuel ..within Colombo in heavy traffic around 13 km/l n out station its around 17 km/l with air condition ..

but i could say the 800 cc is far better than ma 1.5 axio (X)grade in racing... :alc:

Dude You gotta be kidding me!

Edited by Simplelife

oh sweet. now we have an admirer for dilku.

you gotta be kidding dude really are you that dumb. :blink::action-smiley-060::speechless-smiley-004:

You boys are missing the point. Ever been in a go-kart? Small car, close to the ground, driving around it seems pretty fast, but, well, in reality, you're probably not even hitting 30. So I'm sure that even hitting 60 in a Maruti 800 must be like an adventure, but in a larger car its a yawn.

Of course, the dude hasn't realized that racing generally involves heavy braking (unless you drive NASCAR) which is really not the 800's party piece. But there are something that need to be learned the hard way :)

You boys are missing the point. Ever been in a go-kart? Small car, close to the ground, driving around it seems pretty fast, but, well, in reality, you're probably not even hitting 30. So I'm sure that even hitting 60 in a Maruti 800 must be like an adventure, but in a larger car its a yawn.

Of course, the dude hasn't realized that racing generally involves heavy braking (unless you drive NASCAR) which is really not the 800's party piece. But there are something that need to be learned the hard way :)

ha ha yes that is what I've heard that it accelerates like a bat out of hell but no brakes :) But progress beyond 80kmph must be quite an interesting exercise (and rather hairy)

Indian Alto gives you that .

Indian??? :lol: :lol: :lol: I want believe that. you know what the answer i got for my Indian bike they advertise as a 101Km/L in there service center. the apply conditions are you have to ride it less than 40Km/h , should be in top gear and exact tire presser.

My Question is to ride in 40Km/h in top gear who need a bike ? you can use foot bike. :P :P

I have drive Japan Alto (Auto Transmission). yes its easy to drive and comfort with two people (drive and one passenger). fuel also work good when you drive long Distance. (but not 15-20). but in city limit its not. 650CC ;) . this good for roads in japan as a city car. not for Sri Lankan Roads. I also think there want be any prob with your car . its usual. and if you notice the behind seat its not actually made for to sit two people comfort. so when you have four people in the car you need more power to engine to move the car . that's the case as i think .

But believe me guys I still love my old school Lancer. no cheating , funny advertising its gives me all i want as same as its gave for the first owner.

and I Feel I'm Driving. Its Good in Power and Good In Fuel with 5 passengers. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

This fuel figure is correct. The Japanese Alto auto transmission car does arround 12~13 km/l. There is no much difference between city and long distance travels since this is a high revolution small engine of a small car with less inertia.

According to my experience and knowledge you can increase ur fuel efficiency by 1-2 km/l by focucing on following things

1. tires

use the correct tire size. and air level .good road tires will increase the fuel consumption

2. Petral level on the tank

try to keep more than 1/2 full  

3. Gear box

check the oil level in gear box . change gear oil abt every 25000kms

4. Engine oil . 

use a qulity engine oil and check the oil levels and change the oil abt every 3000-4000 kms

4 . breaks

check the break system and ensure there is no break blinds.

6. belts. and air filter

check the condition of belts, air filter and replace if need ( fan, AC and power pump belt) . 

7. AC gas level.

keep the correct AC gas level in high side

8. silencer.

check the silencer for leaks and dont use beat silencers. silencers with leaks will give the wrong figures with the oxygen sensor

9. throttle body 

all the sensors must work 100% for good pickup and good fuel consumption. specially ideal up sensor. 

9. body kits

dont use the large body kits for the vehicle its increase the air resist on. body kits will reduce the consumption in long rides.