• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Lancer Cs3

Nuwan007lk

Think I'm quite late here. You probably have bought her already. If so, Congratulations! She's one of a kind :)

Anyway, I bought a 2003 manual CS3 about a month back for 18.5M. I also thought the appropriate price should be 18M, but went for +50K since it has done only 78000km and everything was in excellent condition - that car had been rarely used. Did a full check up by the professionals before buying.

At that time there were 2003 CS3s from about 16M-18M, if I recall correctly. Ones for 16M was abused :( And many had done more than 150,000KM. Some even 200,000+

Black car? HW Number?

Yeah Davy :) Do you know that one?

That car belonged to a friend of mine (the first owner). His dad got it under a permit and it was rarely used because my friend's office was within walking distance from his home. I have driven that car on many many occasions. We were all sad when he had to sell the car because he had to travel overseas for a few years. I think the mileage was just over 40,000km when they sold it in 2013 or so.

I saw the advertisement recently and recognised the number. Shared the link with my friend also and he was so glad that the car was still in good condition.

Use it well. It was a much loved car. :)

Edited by Davy
  • Like 3

That car belonged to a friend of mine (the first owner). His dad got it under a permit and it was rarely used because my friend's office was within walking distance from his home. I have driven that car on many many occasions. We were all sad when he had to sell the car because he had to travel overseas for a few years. I think the mileage was just over 40,000km when they sold it in 2013 or so.

I saw the advertisement recently and recognised the number. Shared the link with my friend also and he was so glad that the car was still in good condition.

Use it well. It was a much loved car. :)

If I recall correctly, nothing was mentioned regarding a Permit on the car-book (have to double-check). I hope we are not talking about two different ones :D If the 1st owner is a Professor, then we are talking about the same :)

The 2nd owner is a batch mate of a good friend of mine. That's how I got to know the car was in a really good condition. He sold it because he also went overseas - otherwise he wouldn't have.

I was so lucky to get her after searching for a lancer many months. I'm already in love with her ;)

Edited by Elrond

If I recall correctly, nothing was mentioned regarding a Permit on the car-book (have to double-check). I hope we are not talking about two different ones :D If the 1st owner is a Professor, then we are talking about the same :)

The 2nd owner is a batch mate of a good friend of mine. That's how I got to know the car was in a really good condition. He sold it because he also went overseas - otherwise he wouldn't have.

I was so lucky to get her after searching for a lancer many months. I'm already in love with her ;)

Let's just say he was a head at Colombo University. The car had the IESL sticker on the rear windscreen, and it was still there when I saw the ad recently. Pretty sure we're talking about the same car. :)

As for the permit info., you will not find anything about the permit on the registration book.

Edited by Davy

Let's just say he was a head at Colombo University. The car had the IESL sticker on the rear windscreen, and it was still there when I saw the ad recently. Pretty sure we're talking about the same car. :)

As for the permit info., you will not find anything about the permit on the registration book.

Yup that's the one :)

I thought the registration book will have those details. Is there anyway to get those information? Guess the only way would be through the agents?

I thought the registration book will have those details. Is there anyway to get those information? Guess the only way would be through the agents?

What sort of information are you looking for? Information about the permit is between UniMo and the first owner and it doesn't really matter after the car exchanges hands.

The CR will say some clause is deleted. Not sure what that clause number is.

Anyway why do you want to have that information? Its irrelevant to you.

What sort of information are you looking for? Information about the permit is between UniMo and the first owner and it doesn't really matter after the car exchanges hands.
The CR will say some clause is deleted. Not sure what that clause number is.

Anyway why do you want to have that information? Its irrelevant to you.

Thanks Davy and Crosswind. Yes, I understand that's not relevant now. Just wanted to know the full history of the car - out of curiosity.

Edited by Elrond

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, AkilaM said:

Hi Guys,
I bought a 2008 lancer CS1 and currently it is not having a spoiler. I am interested in mounting a spoiler. Can u guys tell me a place to buy one and also the price range.

Hi AkilaM, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase!

CS Lancer spoilers and bodykits has been discussed before. You should be able to search and find more information and contacts from where you can buy one. Refer the following thread.

Thanks Davy,

Also I want to know weather we can replace the Window beading set. Because my beading set seem to have a white color fungus like thing. Please give me an idea about the price and weather I can replace the total kit. This is My first vehicle so I am very new to these things so please bare with my simple questions. Thanks.

1 hour ago, AkilaM said:

Thanks Davy,

Also I want to know weather we can replace the Window beading set. Because my beading set seem to have a white color fungus like thing. Please give me an idea about the price and weather I can replace the total kit. This is My first vehicle so I am very new to these things so please bare with my simple questions. Thanks.

Very common issue on the CS. Had it on mine as well. I ended up polishing the weather strips and applying tyre shine to them. This lasts a while. 

I think it's useless buying new ones because the new ones will also develop the issue after a while. I think it's due to the compound used to manufacture the whether strips together with the local humidity. I checked the prices at Un!ted Mot0rs when I had my car (back in 2010 or so) and they quoted about 12,000 for one of the front ones. Rears were 8000 each I think. Too expensive, so I gave up on it. I doubt you'll find them elsewhere.

Edited by Davy

22 hours ago, AkilaM said:

Thanks Davy,

I might be able to help you with this. PM me photos of what you need. 

• 4 years later...

Dear Friends,

I am using a Lancer GLX CS3 2007 model car and it has an engine misfire issue and my usual mechanic tried all his magic and could not bring it back to the original state. This happened with the dirt in petrol recently. Entire system was cleaned up and injectors changed. Nothing worked. I really appreciate if any one of you can share a reliable mechanic to sort this out. Thank you for your replies!

Munaa