• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Blured Car Windscreen

GKWKK

Speacillay with other vehicle lights, It's rather difficult to see through my windscreen (Rightside ). Though I have noticed few small scratch marks. Therefore I'm bit reluctant to drive in the night.

What can I do to solve this matter, Do I need to get this windscreen cut & polished?

how much does it cost to do a cut and polish?

wasn't there a "famous" place on galle road that charges 15,000? I heard the owner has 50 years experience. Op check out the price of a new windshield and then the price at kleenpark to get it polished. A new one may be a better option.

Speacillay with other vehicle lights, It's rather difficult to see through my windscreen (Rightside ). Though I have noticed few small scratch marks. Therefore I'm bit reluctant to drive in the night.

What can I do to solve this matter, Do I need to get this windscreen cut & polished?

Kle*en_Park does windscreen polishing. check how much they ask for....

if the windscreen isnt a original one, yeah you experience visibility problems with the windscreen after sometime, what some one told me about the non-original windscreen is that the chemical in the tint you get on top of the windscreen starts flowing down after some time and forms a oil like layer

My friend, try the following.

I posted this for someone else. You may re-post if you need any further clarifications. I have helped many to come out of this situation.

I always love to have an Ultra clear Windscreen. Has tested many solvents in the history and virtually you can clean any residue. In the enviorenment there are so many contaminants which get deposited on WS. Also we tend to paste stuff like wax or polish. All these stuff are solveable in either hydrocrbon, light acids or in light alkaline. The catch is this should not damamge your plastics (right below the WS), paint and metal. So plenty of water must be handy. Because when you wash, the solvant get sprayed on paint and also when drains it drains through vents near the engine compartment. You do not need an acid to plae it self in the vents.

The usable solvants are.....

Vinagar as an acid

Alchohol (concentrated and light)

Iso Prophyl Alcohol (Surgical spirit)

Keroscene

Concentrated soap

Or Chlorine based products (take extreme care with plastic and paint) on specific spots

VIM Liquid

White tooth paste (use on specific spots).

When ever someone buy a used car or when they neglect their car windshields, I have helped them by removing films and small particles of contamination. Some people has said..hey I feel there is no windscreen.

By the way, pay attention, use lot of water to rinse off the solvants (I put a pipe on windshield and tie it to somewhere and make it run for 10 minutes).

For very bad windshields, you may need to apply above one after other for several times for several days.

Finally wash the Wiper blades with mild car wash. Replace them with good brands, and wash the blade tips every week in summer and every day in rainy days.

'GKWKK',

What is the make and model of your car how old it is.Is it pasted type or the rubber weather strip which can be reused type.

If you want to do it your self do not use compound or very thin water sand paper to cut.

Have to do a machine polish try "Klean Park" at Dehiwala or Navinna I think they have a new station near Rukmani Devi statue opposite side of the road at Negambo road too.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

My friend, try the following.

I posted this for someone else. You may re-post if you need any further clarifications. I have helped many to come out of this situation.

I always love to have an Ultra clear Windscreen. Has tested many solvents in the history and virtually you can clean any residue. In the enviorenment there are so many contaminants which get deposited on WS. Also we tend to paste stuff like wax or polish. All these stuff are solveable in either hydrocrbon, light acids or in light alkaline. The catch is this should not damamge your plastics (right below the WS), paint and metal. So plenty of water must be handy. Because when you wash, the solvant get sprayed on paint and also when drains it drains through vents near the engine compartment. You do not need an acid to plae it self in the vents.

The usable solvants are.....

Vinagar as an acid

Alchohol (concentrated and light)

Iso Prophyl Alcohol (Surgical spirit)

Keroscene

Concentrated soap

Or Chlorine based products (take extreme care with plastic and paint) on specific spots

VIM Liquid

White tooth paste (use on specific spots).

When ever someone buy a used car or when they neglect their car windshields, I have helped them by removing films and small particles of contamination. Some people has said..hey I feel there is no windscreen.

By the way, pay attention, use lot of water to rinse off the solvants (I put a pipe on windshield and tie it to somewhere and make it run for 10 minutes).

For very bad windshields, you may need to apply above one after other for several times for several days.

Finally wash the Wiper blades with mild car wash. Replace them with good brands, and wash the blade tips every week in summer and every day in rainy days.

'varunatech'

Very good advice if you can do it your self.

For Windshield wiper blade marks you have to use a Polisher.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 6 years later...

Guys, I had the same issue on my Kia Picanto 2005. At night and rainy days, I was driving like a blind person with a huge risk sometimes. 

I was about to replace my windscreen. Suddenly one of my friends recommended a place. Took my car at night and he did a small part of the windscreen. Result was amazing. 

Next day I took my car and spend nearly 4-5 hours. All wiper scratches gone. But small chip marks are there which no one can remove. And they applied a Nano coating to protect the glass from Rain (like RainX). Trust me, he did a great job. 

The cost is 5k for the whole glass (it depend on the nature of scratches and size of the glass). 

The location is close to Moratuwa (Katubedda).

Cheers !

• 1 year later...