• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fd3 -2008- Issues

dileepaf

I bought a Honda FD3 -2008 model recently from Japan. I have below issues which I need some assistance.

1.I have the “Internavi” GPS system installed on my HDD player. Can I install Sri Lankan maps for this ? (not for free of course)

2.Can I change the language in the HDD player from Japanese to English ?

3.Can you give me some idea on the “Voice Command” system ?

4.What are the tips you can provide me to get to know about some insight of Honda Civic ?

5.What should I follow on daily/ monthly basis in order to keep my Honda in excellent condition ?

6.I am attaching a snap of my Internavi -HDD player.

post-48579-011767300 1311762798_thumb.jp

I bought a Honda FD3 -2008 model recently from Japan. I have below issues which I need some assistance.

1.I have the “Internavi” GPS system installed on my HDD player. Can I install Sri Lankan maps for this ? (not for free of course)

2.Can I change the language in the HDD player from Japanese to English ?

3.Can you give me some idea on the “Voice Command” system ?

4.What are the tips you can provide me to get to know about some insight of Honda Civic ?

5.What should I follow on daily/ monthly basis in order to keep my Honda in excellent condition ?

6.I am attaching a snap of my Internavi -HDD player.

1. Probably not. I think the system is a Honda system and comes pre loaded with the maps. Now if some clever electronics chap figures out the internals of the system and the fact that Honda is using maps from a standard source, maybe you can but to my knowledge this has not been done to date.

2. Again you are probably stuck with Japanese here as well. There was a thread where somebody had changed some of the Japanese text in a Toyota Prius to English but not all. Your best bet might be to source a similar player from a European spec car where it might already be in English.

3. No idea

4. Read the user manual (or an English version of it), get a Hayes manual if available and ask specific questions on forums.

5. Service your car in accordance to manufacturer specified service intervals, use the correct grades of fuel, oils etc and keep an eye and an ear out for strange noises warning lights and get issues resolved at the earliest possible instance.

1. Probably not. I think the system is a Honda system and comes pre loaded with the maps. Now if some clever electronics chap figures out the internals of the system and the fact that Honda is using maps from a standard source, maybe you can but to my knowledge this has not been done to date.

2. Again you are probably stuck with Japanese here as well. There was a thread where somebody had changed some of the Japanese text in a Toyota Prius to English but not all. Your best bet might be to source a similar player from a European spec car where it might already be in English.

3. No idea

4. Read the user manual (or an English version of it), get a Hayes manual if available and ask specific questions on forums.

5. Service your car in accordance to manufacturer specified service intervals, use the correct grades of fuel, oils etc and keep an eye and an ear out for strange noises warning lights and get issues resolved at the earliest possible instance.

Hi Don

Thanks for taking time to reply, I am waiting someone has a different idea on point 1 and 2.

I have the same car and have the pdf user manual of the US version.

It has details of the voice command and service instructions etc.

Send me your e-mail address - (preferably a g-mail cause it is 6 mb when zipped) and I'll send it across.

I have the same car and have the pdf user manual of the US version.

It has details of the voice command and service instructions etc.

Send me your e-mail address - (preferably a g-mail cause it is 6 mb when zipped) and I'll send it across.

Hi nira74

Thanks, I already have the below docs for the US version (English)

"2008 Civic Hybrid Navigation Manual2008 Civic Hybrid Navigation Manual"

"2008 Civic Hybrid Online Reference Owner's Manual"

Both of documents contains most of the useful information's but I am helpless with the below?

1. Cannot use "Voice Commands" since the car recognizes only "Japanese". That means I need to change the Language first which I don't have a clue.

2. On screen display also in "Japanese" where I cannot even get an idea of what is happening.

Anyway here is my gmail- [email protected]

please send me what you have, thanks again.

• 1 month later...

I also have the same system. I am looking at replacing it with a after market unit. Does anyone know where I can buy a honda civic radio dash kit from Colombo?

Mine had the UK Spec 6 CD In dash radio/changer. I bought a set from e-bay (hong kong seller) built into a replacement Right Hand Drive Fascia panel with DVD/Bluetooth/GPS. Cost me 500 USD. Got the GPS App from PROSAT - they sold it as software only on a SD card. Works just fine, and now the set is fully functional.

Edited by nira74

Mine had the UK Spec 6 CD In dash radio/changer. I bought a set from e-bay (hong kong seller) built into a replacement Right Hand Drive Fascia panel with DVD/Bluetooth/GPS. Cost me 500 USD. Got the GPS App from PROSAT - they sold it as software only on a SD card. Works just fine, and now the set is fully functional.

Can you please share me the ebay buyer and model you bought?

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm keen on going for a FD3, and frankly been looking around and saw a few good examples. One thing that worried me, especially after hearing from someone at St----d, the battery can give/has problems.

Any experiences such as this ? The car seems a good buy, drove it and felt really good. Having driven a Civic ES8, I simply dont want to look at any other option. Tried a Lancer CY2A, didnt cut it either.

So any advise/opinions here regarding the FD3?

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm keen on going for a FD3, and frankly been looking around and saw a few good examples. One thing that worried me, especially after hearing from someone at St----d, the battery can give/has problems.

Any experiences such as this ? The car seems a good buy, drove it and felt really good. Having driven a Civic ES8, I simply dont want to look at any other option. Tried a Lancer CY2A, didnt cut it either.

So any advise/opinions here regarding the FD3?

The problems that you refer to on FD3 IMA battery was on models shipped from 2006-2008 (Honda says approximately 1% of the production had this issue). 2009+ models do not have this, and as for the models with this issue, Honda released a software update. But what people say is that with the software update, fuel efficiency goes down. But if you are getting a FD3 which was manufactured after 2009, you should be safe.