• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Swift 2004

lakshi2005ster

Question

Dear friends,

Need some expert comments, I’m Planning to purchase Suzuki Swift 1.3 center antenna car (Jeep model, YOM 2004).

1.How to identify center antenna model. (I know antenna will be on the middle of the roof near windscreen) but I heard some people remove the side antenna and fix a new center antenna to sell their cars for a better price. So how do we identify this properly?

2.Is only 2004 model comes with ABS and retractable mirrors? I checked one car @ Malambe that does not have both options. But it was a 2004 model.

3.Is 2004 model having 4WD? I heard that lot of 2002/2003 model came with this options. Also those owners remove 4WD option and try to sell their cars due to more fuel consuming.

4.Anything else to know when purchasing this model?

9 answers to this question

Dear friends,

Need some expert comments, I’m Planning to purchase Suzuki Swift 1.3 center antenna car (Jeep model, YOM 2004).

1.How to identify center antenna model. (I know antenna will be on the middle of the roof near windscreen) but I heard some people remove the side antenna and fix a new center antenna to sell their cars for a better price. So how do we identify this properly?

2.Is only 2004 model comes with ABS and retractable mirrors? I checked one car @ Malambe that does not have both options. But it was a 2004 model.

3.Is 2004 model having 4WD? I heard that lot of 2002/2003 model came with this options. Also those owners remove 4WD option and try to sell their cars due to more fuel consuming.

1. Check the registration book and YOM on the seat belt. 2004 and 2005 are center antenna. Note that in 2005, Swift went for a model change so it's very rare to find a 'jeep model' Swift with YOM 2005.

2. No. I've seen a 2002 Swift with ABS and retracting mirrors. Swift came with varying options.

3. Take a peek under the rear and see if there's a differential. If there is one, then its a 4WD. There are few 4WD Swifts (irrespective of whether they are 2002 or 2004). Majority are 2WD.

4. I have one question for you? What's the obsession with the center antenna?

it speaks volumes about the quality of the car when the position of the antenna increases/decreases perceived value.

The actual reason is that the positioning of the antenna in the center improves aerodynamics and thereby reduces fuel consumption. :D

The actual reason is that the positioning of the antenna in the center improves aerodynamics and thereby reduces fuel consumption. :D

OMG Yes! Check it:

Want to increase the value of your car? Improve fuel efficiency? Contact Shintaro to convert the side/back/front/upside down antenna to a CENTER ANTENNA!

OMG Yes! Check it:

Want to increase the value of your car? Improve fuel efficiency? Contact Shintaro to convert the side/back/front/upside down antenna to a CENTER ANTENNA!

Crazy. Imma be your first customer. See, my car doesn't have an antenna so it doesn't do well on fuel. Center antenna rules!

hey shintaro Big_D you two have forgot about horsepower my friends center antenna will increase 5 more HP because it's aerodynamic shape. :D

hey shintaro Big_D you two have forgot about horsepower my friends center antenna will increase 5 more HP because it's aerodynamic shape. :D

Yup, Shintaro antenna co. engineers think, i mean exhaustive research reveals, that you get even more horsepower if you stick it at the back in the center angled downwards.

p.s. we're looking for suppliers of wire clothes hangers and super glue.

Dear friends,

End of 2003 swifts also came with centre antenna. so best is to check the yom in the seat belt.

I had a 2004 swift with retractable mirrors but without ABS. some of them has ABS but no retractable mirrors. All 2004 swifts are not 4WD.

What I can say is its a good, trouble free car, has good ground clearance, powerful engine but uncomfortable car, has poor stability and only good for good roads.