• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Morris Minor

knightowl

My dad had a Morris Minor a long time back. That was his last car before he passed away. I still remember going in that car on my mom's lap. According to my mom I was brought home from the hospital in that car. It was sold a long time ago. I still remember the number plate. EL 3511. Colour was Grey. If anybody sees this or any info give me a shout. It would be a real surprise for my mom if I bring this back home.

i wish you luck in your search hope you find that treasure trove

My dad had a Morris Minor a long time back. That was his last car before he passed away. I still remember going in that car on my mom's lap. According to my mom I was brought home from the hospital in that car. It was sold a long time ago. I still remember the number plate. EL 3511. Colour was Grey. If anybody sees this or any info give me a shout. It would be a real surprise for my mom if I bring this back home.

Your a real inspiration. The chances are it's not grey any more. And if your looking to really buy off the car from the current owner it might be helpful paying a visit to the RMV and pulling a leg here and there and trying to find the current registered owners info. The coincidence is we have a Morris Minor and its EL too. But I just can't remember the number top of my head, but I can find out. Attached a pic of it, unfortunately the front number plate had fallen off.

post-18274-005527500 1311477654_thumb.jp

Mate I wish you the Very Very Best of luck.I know how it is becausw actually my father is currently lookin for his Pegoute 406 which infact was his first car and the car I had my first ride.Good Luck

Your a real inspiration. The chances are it's not grey any more. And if your looking to really buy off the car from the current owner it might be helpful paying a visit to the RMV and pulling a leg here and there and trying to find the current registered owners info. The coincidence is we have a Morris Minor and its EL too. But I just can't remember the number top of my head, but I can find out. Attached a pic of it, unfortunately the front number plate had fallen off.

An inspiration indeed, but you won't get any love from the RMV unless you're planning to do some palm-greasing which is despicable no matter how noble the cause. How about trying an advertisement in the papers? If the car is still operating and kicking around somewhere, someone may see it and get in touch. Sincere good wishes.

Agree with Harshansenadir, now you need to rush RMV ASAP and find out the current owner of the car, if you dont have a contact at RMV.Tell them the truth. You may meet deputy commissioner and you can obtain a same day appointment to meet him.

Happy to help you with your restoration. Good luck mate!

MINIACE

Thats the model we had. Split windscreen and the same radiator grill. If you look inside the passenger side dashboard there is a little vent. I used to hold on to that vent and because of that the colour had worn off. I remember how my dad used to prepare the car for our annual trip to Galle. {Avurudhdata Game yanawa trip]. Oh the problems, brake binding, radiator leaks, flat battery. Nowadays we just hop in our the cars and drive hundreds of miles without even bothering to fill up the windscreen washer fluid. Even if a bulb burns off the dash board will tell you. A flat tire, we just call the AA. The car jack is never used, even after years it stays pristine.

Thanks a lot guys. RMV is certainly the way to go. In SL you can get anything done if you have money or the right connections.[still the case I guess]. I'll certainly pay them a visit soon.

Check the Reg No mate. We will be in for a surprise.