• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Have 2000000/= But We Are Lost With Options Please Help

ange88

Hi all,

First of all im very happy to become a member of this forum where i saw tentativly while i was on my way to hunt a car.We need a car to our family and we have a budget of 2000000/= and sort of confused and lost though we have some money.Since my father is a typical Toyota adicted he says that we should go for a AE 110 riverra or sprinter...But I say Its good if we can have Nissan N16 but my father says AE110 has a good resale value and good at fuel consumption better than N16?is it true ? but i Feel N16 is quite comfortable than AE110 as I prefer comfort.So in terms of comfort which car is ahead and please help us....Thanks

Considering only the criteria that you have mentioned, both you and your dad are right. Sunny is definitely more comfortable than the Corolla. Corolla is easier to sell and does way better on fuel. The situation in Sri Lanka is bloody ridiculous.People are willing to spend millions on 10-12 year old cars.

If you are planning to use a car for long term and not worry about resale value, there are plenty of other options.

• Like 1

Considering only the criteria that you have mentioned, both you and your dad are right. Sunny is definitely more comfortable than the Corolla. Corolla is easier to sell and does way better on fuel. The situation in Sri Lanka is bloody ridiculous.People are willing to spend millions on 10-12 year old cars.

If you are planning to use a car for long term and not worry about resale value, there are plenty of other options.

would you be kind enough to elaborate what these would be

would you be kind enough to elaborate what these would be

Think out of the box - like Hyundais, Protons, Fords (Laser/Mondeo), Suzukis, Peugeot 406, Skoda Octavia. Most of them come in the sub 1.5mill range. So you can also have a tidy sum left over to deposit in the bank and spend for any emergency repairs.

I think there are better options if you are only considering those two. Although IMO the fun of driving a lancer cs1/cs2 is rivalled to non in it's price!

Wasn't considering these two alone, i was merely adding to the list. hence the 'as well.'