• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Buying Minivan

rsuren

Hello guys,

sorry if i had posted in the wrong forum,

i'm planning on buying a used(2000-2007) Minivan for home use, i have seen five minivan models in SL.

1. Honda Acty

2. Mitsubishi Mini Cab

3. Daihatsu Hijet

4. Suzuki Every

5. Suzuki Carry

and all of them have 650 CC engine according to wikipedia.

so i want to know the pros and cons of those minivans and advice from autolanka members,

some are saying Honda acty is automatic gear gets damaged in 6 years, and have to replace, go for manual gear.

some are saying Mini Cab engine over heats on long runs.

some are saying Hijet gives the best fuel economy.

some are saying carry is the old version of Suzuki every.

so which one's are true ?? which one's are not ?

is it easy to repair those Minivans ?

what is the fuel economy ??

what will be the 2nd hand value ?

please help me in selecting the good one among the five above.

Thank you,

Suren

Edited by rsuren

Hello guys,

i'm planning on buying a used(2000-2007) Minivan for home use, i have seen five minivan models in SL.

1. Honda Acty

2. Mitsubishi Mini Cab

3. Daihatsu Hijet

4. Suzuki Every

5. Suzuki Carry

so i want to know the pros and cons of those minivans and advice from autolanka members,

some are saying Honda acty is automatic gear gets damaged in 6 years, and have to replace, go for manual gear.

Thank you,

Suren

'rsuren',

Do you want to go in for Japanese or any other mini Vans available in Srilanka?

Out of Japanese Suzuki every 1.3 Engine only available Singapore used are the best out of mini vans.

Others I cant comment AS I have not used them.Now I use Brand new Indian Mini van Omni. which cost me in all 1000000.00 Million Rupees.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hello guys,

1. Honda Acty

2. Mitsubishi Mini Cab

3. Daihatsu Hijet

4. Suzuki Every

5. Suzuki Carry

Thank you,

Suren

I believe Every is the least troublesome of them all. But pls check with Samishka in this forum. His answer will be more authoritative since he's the keivan expert around.

'rsuren',

Out of Japanese Suzuki every 1.3 Engine only available Singapore used are the best out of mini vans.

Others I cant comment AS I have not used them.Now I use Brand new Indian Mini van Omni. which cost me in all 1000000.00 Million Rupees.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

sylvi,

does the omni with AC radio cassette like the japanese.????. How is it in high speed. I dont think it can reach even 80...please comment...I like to drive one ...i heard that it gives good economy but not as the Maruti because of the aerodynamic shape.

Edited by rameez

sylvi,

does the omni with AC radio cassette like the japanese.????. How is it in high speed. I dont think it can reach even 80...please comment...I like to drive one ...i heard that it gives good economy but not as the Maruti because of the aerodynamic shape.

'rameez',

Please note it is a Basic Vehicle.

I have not driven more than 60km Because I am too old to drive high speed at 68 Years. I started running from 5th of April done only till yesterday 19th July 2202KM I filled up the tank I have got 11.98 km for 90 Octane petrol for one Liter. This is one trip to Negambo little Colombo running and one trip to Panadura it is mixed town and country running.

Best I have got to Chilaw and back to Colombo on one Poya day very little traffic was 12.2 Km for one Liter.No A/C.

I have fitted an a A/C but if I drive with A/C it will consume 20% more on petrol.

In Colombo traffic running best I have got only 9 Km for one Liter. With A/c in Colombo is 7 KM for one Liter.

It is registered as a Car get Ko XXXX number Good Road holding comfortable than Japanese Small vans.

Radio and other extra fittings on my account.A*W Service is very good so far.

I am happy with that cost for a new Vehicle.As Japanese used small Vans are Costing 1.5 Million if you import.

All of them have done more than 50000 KM on their odometers and adjusted to read as 20000 KM.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Agree with Sylvi, Omni is a good van and most importantly economical too. Spares are very cheap and can purchase off the shelf. Unfortunately we dont have a good secondhand market here. Most of the owners/ users are very happy I know.

MINIACE

Agree with Sylvi, Omni is a good van and most importantly economical too. Spares are very cheap and can purchase off the shelf. Unfortunately we dont have a good secondhand market here. Most of the owners/ users are very happy I know.

MINIACE

mini....what exactly do you mean off the shelf.......meaning there are many ready after market parts for this model........?????

i will disagree with you on the econo part because as per sylvi it only gives 7KMPL in city

mini....what exactly do you mean off the shelf.......meaning there are many ready after market parts for this model........?????

i will disagree with you on the econo part because as per sylvi it only gives 7KMPL in city

Off the shelf = Parts ex-stock with vendors

You disagree with econo part because Sylvi mentioned or else???? I will give you 100+ reasons to agree with my statement nonetheless will rest for the moment.

MINIACE

'rsuren',

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

thank you very one for helping me, Sylvi, where and when did you get the Omni van ??, does it have A/C , Power Steering ??

and is it possible for you to adjust the driver seat and Steering wheel ? because i'm tall(5'.11') and obese(fat), so will there be any space for me to seat in the driver seat ?

yes, the Omni has no second hand market in SL yet.

so you are saying Omni is better then japan minivans ?, i thought janpan stuff would be good .

thank you,

suren

thank you very one for helping me, Sylvi, where and when did you get the Omni van ??, does it have A/C , Power Steering ??

and is it possible for you to adjust the driver seat and Steering wheel ? because i'm tall(5'.11') and obese(fat), so will there be any space for me to seat in the driver seat ?

yes, the Omni has no second hand market in SL yet.

so you are saying Omni is better then japan minivans ?, i thought janpan stuff would be good .

thank you,

suren

'rsuren',

AS I have told in one of my posts this is a basic van enough pulling power for this three Cylinder Engine can fix a A/C as this vehicle comes without same I Am too close to 6 feet with 220 Lbs weight (Obese) I can drive without any problem I have adjusted Hand brake to be on top like any other Vehicles because the original hand brake handle comes you have to bend down and operate. This cost me about Rupees 5000.00 had to buy a Japanese car hand brake attachment labor was my mechanics did the modification in a half day.

No power Steering. but it is easy to drive only bit difficult to turn when the vehicle is stationary.

If your waist line is too big mine is 43 Inches do not touch on the steering wheel have 4 inches to the S/W.

Steering wheel cannot be adjusted but you can modify if you want can take S/W up by modifying.

Driving seat I have taken back Maximum but with little modification you can take further back.

Brake peddle is not in line with Accelerator peddle. I have modified to be on line with the accelerator peddle. If not you have to lift the leg to operate the brake paddle. Clutch peddle is extended two half inches towards left so that I can easily use the paddle it was too close to steering shaft.

I had used all types of Japanese Vehicles I once used Chinese that was same Petrol engine of Suzuki 1.3. Body was Double cab converted to passenger Vehicle All Japanese parts fits that Chinese Vehicle.For a change I went for this Vehicle because only two of us are there to travel.

I have all facility's knowledge and men to do any modifications therefore I do not hesitate to try out any Vehicle.

For the cost you pay this new Indian Vehicle I think is OK. I bought new from A*W 9.65M. registration I had to pay for enhanced number. Rupees 7500.00 and A/C new cost me Rupees 35000.00.With all modifications I think this Vehicle cost me around 1Million 25000.00 Thousand Rupees.

If further information on this Vehicle you can Contact me.

Sylvi wijesinghe.

I believe Every is the least troublesome of them all. But pls check with Samishka in this forum. His answer will be more authoritative since he's the keivan expert around.

I am not a Kei Van expert, just a fan of Kei Vehicles.

However these days I am using a new-generation Suzuki Every (DA64V)

It is a basic ("GA"trim) model.

This one has a low roof and the rear end is totally different to the other trims. http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=52871

Other trims (including Full option models) look like this http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=51646

This one has a low roof and the rear end is totally different to the other trims. http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=52871

Other trims (including Full option models) look like this http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=51646

'samishka',

Do you have the Turbo model. I had a chat with the leading used Vehicle importer's Engineer on Suzuki Vans.

According to him least trouble free model is without Turbo.after the tax reduction they had imported more than 200 Suzuki mini vans I saw few DA64V of your type at their work shop they look very attractive.

All of them have done more than 25000kMS.According to used Vehicle importer's Engineer best out of mini vans are Mitsubishi mini Vans.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

'rsuren',

AS I have told in one of my posts this is a basic van enough pulling power for this three Cylinder Engine can fix a A/C as this vehicle comes without same I Am too close to 6 feet with 220 Lbs weight (Obese) I can drive without any problem I have adjusted Hand brake to be on top like any other Vehicles because the original hand brake handle comes you have to bend down and operate. This cost me about Rupees 5000.00 had to buy a Japanese car hand brake attachment labor was my mechanics did the modification in a half day.

No power Steering. but it is easy to drive only bit difficult to turn when the vehicle is stationary.

If your waist line is too big mine is 43 Inches do not touch on the steering wheel have 4 inches to the S/W.

Steering wheel cannot be adjusted but you can modify if you want can take S/W up by modifying.

Driving seat I have taken back Maximum but with little modification you can take further back.

Brake peddle is not in line with Accelerator peddle. I have modified to be on line with the accelerator peddle. If not you have to lift the leg to operate the brake paddle. Clutch peddle is extended two half inches towards left so that I can easily use the paddle it was too close to steering shaft.

I had used all types of Japanese Vehicles I once used Chinese that was same Petrol engine of Suzuki 1.3. Body was Double cab converted to passenger Vehicle All Japanese parts fits that Chinese Vehicle.For a change I went for this Vehicle because only two of us are there to travel.

I have all facility's knowledge and men to do any modifications therefore I do not hesitate to try out any Vehicle.

For the cost you pay this new Indian Vehicle I think is OK. I bought new from A*W 9.65M. registration I had to pay for enhanced number. Rupees 7500.00 and A/C new cost me Rupees 35000.00.With all modifications I think this Vehicle cost me around 1Million 25000.00 Thousand Rupees.

If further information on this Vehicle you can Contact me.

Sylvi wijesinghe.

okay as both of you know something about the japanese mini vans i'l ask this question from you two(opened thread but wasnt much useful :P )

in the New Suzuki Every(DA64V) theres a model Join Turbo which comes with a Turbo engine adn its fully loaded and theres a model called Join which comes with a non turbo engine and its fully loaded too,

1.does the new turbo engine work like the old one??( in which i heard the turbo works only after you hit 60km/h)??

2. will the turbo engine do better on fuel coz the turbo will reduce the pressure on the engine so the engine will not rev really high as the non turbo

3. will the turbo engine have a longer life time, coz the will not work hard as the non turbo??

Edited by Magnum

okay as both of you know something about the japanese mini vans i'l ask this question from you two(opened thread but wasnt much useful :P )

in the New Suzuki Every(DA64V) theres a model Join Turbo which comes with a Turbo engine adn its fully loaded and theres a model called Join which comes with a non turbo engine and its fully loaded too,

1.does the new turbo engine work like the old one??( in which i heard the turbo works only after you hit 60km/h)??

2. will the turbo engine do better on fuel coz the turbo will reduce the pressure on the engine so the engine will not rev really high as the non turbo

3. will the turbo engine have a longer life time, coz the will not work hard as the non turbo??

Your last two questions aren't mini van specific :)

Some turbo engines are more fuel efficient simply because of design but most are not as fuel efficient as the NA variants, but again this is due to design. You turbo charge an engine not to increase fuel economy but to increase power output. Your argument has some logic but when the turbo kicks in the fuel injection system will increase fuel flow to the engine as well to make use of the extra oxygen molecules in the engine chamber which will result in a bigger explosion, more power and better acceleration.

Turbo engines usually tend to have slightly shorter life spans than their equivalent petrols. This is due to the extra stress the engine is put under. But usually it is the turbo which will wear off before you notice any signs of excessive wear on the engine. When the turbo becomes less efficient over the years you will notice a drop in power as well as fuel economy.

Some turbo engines are more fuel efficient simply because of design but most are not as fuel efficient as the NA variants, but again this is due to design. You turbo charge an engine not to increase fuel economy but to increase power output. Your argument has some logic but when the turbo kicks in the fuel injection system will increase fuel flow to the engine as well to make use of the extra oxygen molecules in the engine chamber which will result in a bigger explosion, more power and better acceleration.

Turbo engines usually tend to have slightly shorter life spans than their equivalent petrols. This is due to the extra stress the engine is put under. But usually it is the turbo which will wear off before you notice any signs of excessive wear on the engine. When the turbo becomes less efficient over the years you will notice a drop in power as well as fuel economy.

ok that was helpful! im asking about the turbo engine not only cause performance reason, in the old model the turbo engine model is more smoother and not sluggish!

ok that was helpful! im asking about the turbo engine not only cause performance reason, in the old model the turbo engine model is more smoother and not sluggish!

@Sylvi wijesinghe, i tried PMing you but it does work,

if you would PM me your email address, i would like to contact you and talk about minivans

Lol thats the way to win sylvi over! A little sweet talk about minivans and he turns into putty.

Edited by ShintaroX

Lol thats the way to win sylvi over! A little sweet talk about minivans and he turns into putty.

hey what did i say wrong ??, sylvi asked to contact him if i need to know more information and he seems to know stuff better.

anyone wanting to invest money in a vehicle would want to know better about it, from people who use it,.

if there is something wrong please let me know ?? so i want make that mistake next time.

thank you,

suren

hey what did i say wrong ??, sylvi asked to contact him if i need to know more information and he seems to know stuff better.

anyone wanting to invest money in a vehicle would want to know better about it, from people who use it,.

if there is something wrong please let me know ?? so i want make that mistake next time.

thank you,

suren

Kidding fella, relax.

'ShintaroX',

I do not want any recognition in Automobile industry. People who knows me will be with me always.

As the topic starter wanted some information I did little to find out about Mini Vans specially Suzuki.

You are mistaken I do not deal with Putty.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'ShintaroX',

I do not want any recognition in Automobile industry. People who knows me will be with me always.

As the topic starter wanted some information I did little to find out about Mini Vans specially Suzuki.

You are mistaken I do not deal with Putty.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Too late for that I'm afraid, the country (and possibly even the world) is abuzz, agog and awaiting your next automobile-related pronouncement. Wow, when did everyone get so tightly wound up? I was merely jesting, perhaps poorly, forgive any perceived insult my dear old chap, and lighten up, did yo know it'll make you live longer? Yes my old uncle Herbert he told me about twenty years ago when he was in his 40s 'Sonny, never laugh or enjoy yourself and when you're on any online forums (he was prophetic you know) and people make idle jests, respond with coldness and pretend that you didn't get it, only then will you grow big and strong and have a forum of your own.' He died soon after, sadly, and when they did his autopsy they found what seemed like a broomstick up his butt! Amazing, eh? and it seems that this broom stick was the cause of all this misery he had and liked spreading.

Have a good day! :rolleyes: Shintaro Out!