• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

NIssan Stagea? I saw what I think is a Stagea being used as a hearse. I died little, inside.

There are a few Stageas being used as hearses, I've seen them parked at the big garage at Madiwela. I wonder how many of them are Turbos.

There is a white RS (Turbo) at a funeral house in Punchi Borella

i dont understand why all these good cars ended up being hearses, you dont need 150hp to lug around a coffin at 25kmph.

speaking of which i momentaraly did buy a used hearse :D

I guess it's my turn. Keeping the hearse theme going... ;). Try this guys:

Trivia_20151020_001_zpsc1wwgehg.jpg

According to my memory, the Galant Wagon (AKA Legnum) in Australia has a V6 Twin Turbo. :) The one posted by Sierra Charlie above is also a V6 I believe. I think I see a "V6" badge above the indicator on the fender.

Edited by Davy

According to my memory, the Galant Wagon (AKA Legnum) in Australia has a V6 Twin Turbo. :) The one posted by Sierra Charlie above is also a V6 I believe. I think I see a "V6" badge above the indicator on the fender.

Mercury Grand Marquis

Edited by tiv

Mercury Grand Marquis

Yes, a Mercury. A Colony Park to be precise. Only a little different from the Grand Marquis I guess.

You can see part of a black Mercury with 39- plates in the background of the 4th photo in this post. I think that one was a Grand Marquis.

Trivia_20151020_zpscy0etorf.jpg

Your turn mate... :)

Indeed it is. Called a VR4. There are both Legnum and Galant variants of the VR4 running the 6A13TT engine. Displacement of 2498CC. I tried to find a picture of one of the Legnums in Sri Lanka. But the guy who owns it seem to have taken down the picture he put on FB.

i dont understand why all these good cars ended up being hearses, you dont need 150hp to lug around a coffin at 25kmph.

speaking of which i momentaraly did buy a used hearse :D

In Sri Lanka, old vans ended up as school vans, CTB buses ended up as private buses, spacious station wagons ended up as hearses. :)

I frequently see two old hearses (make unknown) at Kadawatha and both are "face-lift" with a Trad Sunny "face" and a Sunny B15 "face".

I was surprised when I see white B15 with 15 Sri plates. :speechless-smiley-004:

Some history on hearses in Sri Lankan given below.

http://www.afraymond.lk/home.htm

Visit history page.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Yes, a Mercury. A Colony Park to be precise. Only a little different from the Grand Marquis I guess.

You can see part of a black Mercury with 39- plates in the background of the 4th photo in this post. I think that one was a Grand Marquis.

Trivia_20151020_zpscy0etorf.jpg

Your turn mate... :)

My dad had a Mercury Grand Marquis sedan, I pretty much grew up in that thing, The steering wheel was so light as a 4 year old I could turn it. Sheer land barge, red velvet interior, apparently it had a thirsty V8, automatic and the boot could hold an entire bbq grill plus cylinder.

Ok fellas try this

m83fuv.jpg

Edited by tiv

Land Rover Series IIA Forward Control

ado ehema ba ban. We need a rule where the one who posted last cannot answer the next question. else some people will never get a chance to answer :/ But yes you're right.

5yxm5j.jpg

Edited by terrabytetango

ado ehema ba ban. We need a rule where the one who posted last cannot answer the next question. else some people will never get a chance to answer :/ But yes you're right.

5yxm5j.jpg

Haha, this was lakshans vehicle, sheer delight how he built this, there was a thread

jtw47q.jpg

Try this, :D

Yup, Highlander / Kluger, what I saw locally

anyways

The 101FC Threads

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/3098-land-rover-101-forward-control/

Sadly the pic links may have expired

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10001-my-2b-forward-control/