• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

6 hours ago, john cooper said:

Spot on mate @Gummybr.

This is one of the capable 4x4 i have ever driven (Not mine) a real mountain goat when it comes to hill climbing. If i am not mistaken they still in production as one of the longest production vehicles.

Would have been a nice cheap off roader to have, but then our duty structure sucks.

Something different, here I show the full picture of the vehicle knowing fully well that it doesn't have any brand markings. Havent seen many around recently but I can tell you that its very old

Trivia.jpg

7 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Would have been a nice cheap off roader to have, but then our duty structure sucks.

Something different, here I show the full picture of the vehicle knowing fully well that it doesn't have any brand markings. Havent seen many around recently but I can tell you that its very old

Trivia.jpg

I have not seen this at all but it does look Japanese so I'm going to take a guess amd say it's an Isuzu from the 70's ?

14 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Trivia.jpg

This may be a old Mitz Rosa or Hino it's more of a Rosa i guess from sides.

1 hour ago, matroska said:

I have not seen this at all but it does look Japanese so I'm going to take a guess amd say it's an Isuzu from the 70's ?

You are correct, its actually from the 1960's. Called the Isuzu BY30 Light Bus, I would say the predecessor to the Journey. Not much mentioned online about this bus. But as a school kid used to travel on one of these which ran the 119 route. Much nicer than the Journey I must say.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

You are correct, its actually from the 1960's. Called the Isuzu BY30 Light Bus, I would say the predecessor to the Journey. Not much mentioned online about this bus. But as a school kid used to travel on one of these which ran the 119 route. Much nicer than the Journey I must say.

There's very little information online regarding Isuzu buses and trucks when compared to the other brands/models online. 

Ok here's the next one

image.thumb.png.47cdcc4a439e59473e704304999995b7.png

3 hours ago, matroska said:

There's very little information online regarding Isuzu buses and trucks when compared to the other brands/models online. 

Ok here's the next one

Austin/MG Montego.

This was the last car to be sold as an Austin.

MG at one point had a turbo charged version and at the time was the fastest MG road car at the time.

4 hours ago, matroska said:

Ok here's the next one

Austin Montego

Sorry iRage beat me to it

Edited by Gummybr

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Austin/MG Montego.

This was the last car to be sold as an Austin.

MG at one point had a turbo charged version and at the time was the fastest MG road car at the time.

Nice looking car. And fast too from the above...Didn't know we had some in SL! Very cool. 

1 hour ago, matroska said:

image.png.569190136bb464a34bcb8f8a29cbc341.pngimage.png.e8d547d0a53022018936cf5a400d0baf.png

Yupp...a Honda Stream it is. Definitely one of Honda's last fun touring wagons; although officially it was classified as a MPV (due to the 7 seater options). The RS-Z was the more fun option with slightly harder suspension, paddle shifters that actually worked...and a Mugen option with beefier suspension and slotted brakes, etc...Sadly they replaced the Stream with the Jade and..well lets say one gets rather Jaded with it.

Over to you Matty :)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Prairie wagon

Yes sir, you are correct.

16 minutes ago, iRage said:

..most of you guys are probably too young to remember this

did this air on local tv? I've heard of this but never watched. 

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

AEC Routemaster not sure if the code maybe RM731

Yup... it is an AEC Routemaster RM-class bus. We mostly know it as the "double decker" bus.

The last 3 digits are actually the code of the specific bus. In most cases, the code number went on as the bus's registration number. So RM731 was registered as WLT 731. 

Bit of Googling revealed that RM731 was originally delivered to London Transport in 1961, made its way to Sri Lanka in 1988 and is still with Ratmalana depot, running hires for Ebert Silva. 

Back in London:

RF013069.jpg

... and in Colombo, with her top removed...

360px-Colombo_City_Tour_Routemaster_bus_

If you notice the just above the left fender, you can still see RM-731 painted on it. Some one seems to be very careful about it.

I think the one I posted above is RM-596 but not very certain.

Over to you, genius!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Yup... it is an AEC Routemaster RM-class bus. We mostly know it as the "double decker" bus.

The last 3 digits are actually the code of the specific bus. In most cases, the code number went on as the bus's registration number. So RM731 was registered as WLT 731. 

Bit of Googling revealed that RM731 was originally delivered to London Transport in 1961, made its way to Sri Lanka in 1988 and is still with Ratmalana depot, running hires for Ebert Silva. 

Back in London:

RF013069.jpg

... and in Colombo, with her top removed...

360px-Colombo_City_Tour_Routemaster_bus_

If you notice the just above the left fender, you can still see RM-731 painted on it. Some one seems to be very careful about it.

I think the one I posted above is RM-596 but not very certain.

Over to you, genius!

haha the side windows were the giveaway. I always used to love travelling in them, have tried the newer ones that came in the early 2000s from Kotahena to Kolpetty. 

Just imagine us using 1950s to 1960s buses used in London being used in Sri Lanka, when we had Mercedes-Benz buses running in 1950's. I think we have gone back in time in terms of transport.

Ok enough of that sad story, try this guys.

trivia1.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gummybr said:

haha the side windows were the giveaway. I always used to love travelling in them, have tried the newer ones that came in the early 2000s from Kotahena to Kolpetty. 

Just imagine us using 1950s to 1960s buses used in London being used in Sri Lanka, when we had Mercedes-Benz buses running in 1950's. I think we have gone back in time in terms of transport.

Ok enough of that sad story, try this guys.

trivia1.jpg

407 SW