• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

8 minutes ago, iRage said:

Might look Volvoish but not a Volvo..you did get the continent right though...

Well other that came to mind were the borgward isabella but the grille is different. Peugeot 403 again it doesn't have that top signal lamp

1 minute ago, iRage said:

No...when a Bogward was not a Borgward it was a "XXX"? Then XXX was named with a word that sounds exactly like the Sinhala word for something that is related to a swan :) 

Hansa? Thought it was a model. Any way Hansa 1100 or Goliath 1100

57 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Hansa? Thought it was a model. Any way Hansa 1100 or Goliath 1100

Bingo !

Goliath was a part of the Bogward group...I believe they mainly focused on three-wheelers or scooters or something and a few small sized cars (three or four models ?). Initially their cars were badged as Goliath but later on they dropped the Goliath badge for their sedans because it was associated with three-wheelers and went with Hansa.

Over to you Gummy bear :)

Hansa1100.jpg

28 minutes ago, iRage said:

Bingo !

Goliath was a part of the Bogward group...I believe they mainly focused on three-wheelers or scooters or something and a few small sized cars (three or four models ?). Initially their cars were badged as Goliath but later on they dropped the Goliath badge for their sedans because it was associated with three-wheelers and went with Hansa.

Hansa1100.jpg

Quite a collection just rotting away. Is that a Humber Hawk on the left? Peugeot 203 and the other I dont know.

Ok then try for this.

Trivia 1.jpg

26 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Quite a collection just rotting away. Is that a Humber Hawk on the left? Peugeot 203 and the other I dont know

Yes ! It is those cars....the pic popped up on the Vintage lovers FB page as a barn find..no idea how old the actual pic is though.

5 hours ago, iRage said:

Bingo !

Hansa1100.jpg

Really interesting stuff. That's an impressive set of cars.

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Quite a collection just rotting away. Is that a Humber Hawk on the left? Peugeot 203 and the other I dont know.

Ok then try for this.

Trivia 1.jpg

Looks modern Toyoytaish ... Fortuner?

6 hours ago, matroska said:

Sorry about the delay gentlemen. Let's try something different. This is a very common car which was being driven by a lawyer when he was killed in a suicide bomb attack. 

image.png.16266aa46d169748d0cd91e8123f246c.png

Nissan Sunny FB14 is my guess for this. (Based on the headrest)

Edited by john cooper

6 hours ago, matroska said:

Sorry about the delay gentlemen. Let's try something different. This is a very common car which was being driven by a lawyer when he was killed in a suicide bomb attack. 

image.png.16266aa46d169748d0cd91e8123f246c.png

I'm going to go with Nissan Sunny B13 

6 hours ago, john cooper said:

Nissan Sunny FB14 is my guess for this. (Based on the headrest)

6 hours ago, Kavvz said:

I'm going to go with Nissan Sunny B13 

Kavvz - You've missed by one model :D Good observation @john cooper - it was indeed a Sunny FB14. The assassinated individual was Dr. Neelan Thiruchelvam. As per this article the vehicle in question bore the number 300-2811. The floors yours JC. 

P.S: This incident had occurred in 1999 - I was small but remember a friend of my father visiting us the very next day after this incident - he had been driving in the vicinity and there were small shards of glass stuck in his windshield cowl. The name stuck in my head and I always wondered what the victims car was. Remembered this incident recently did some googling and thanks to the internet a 21 year old question was solved :D 

Edited by matroska
Some context
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Lada Niva. Do we have any here?

We used to have them. Back in the 80s the Russians were working at Ceylon Steel Corp (there was some partnership or co ownership or something). They had a fleet of Russian vehicles; most of which were Nivas...and a couple of buses that looked like LAX695 and some heavy machinery (cranes, etc...). My parents worked at Cey Stell Corp at the time and their Russian counterparts had Nivas...we had a family friend who would ocme over to dinner and he had a white 3 door Niva which I was obsessed over and always got on the driving seat and pretended to drive it (I was about 5 or 6). Decades later we paid a visit to Ceylon steel corp (around the early 90s) for a reunion and then saw some of the Nivas and a bus old rusted out and sitting in the middle of nowhere (Ceylon steel corp occupied more than just a few acres and had large sports grounds, factory area, a lake and forest). I suppose they all just rusted away.