• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

5 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I'm going to take a long shot and say its an old old Datsun Cedric. The headlight design looks very American but those from the stateside in the 60s would have puked at the front panel. Its bland enough to be British or Japanese but British were never this adventurous.

BTW who owns this one? any idea?

This is up for sale on a site, I wanted people to scratch their heads on this one. Guy was asking too much for a vehicle in bad condition, needing a lot of work to be done. We've had this on the trivia once I think, dont know if there is only one example or many in the country, but seems to have been popular in other SE Asian countries.

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Nope not a cedric or a Gloria. And I believe the Gloria with similar headlamps was a Prince.

Country of origin correct.

Isuzu Bellel then? Mid 60s but the car in the quiz looks a bit more boxier ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I'm still sticking to my Datsun/Nissan/Prince hunch. This design is definitely theirs. The Junior truck perhaps?

Bingo sir, thats the vehicle.

Trivia2.jpg

Trivia.jpg

Some pics show it as a much lower model, but the inside seems to have a 2nd gear.

Good project for sosmeone.

Edited by Gummybr

36 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Tip: the lever on the right of the steering wheel is the gear shifter

Untitled.jpg

Chrysler grand voyager?

P.S : came in many names such as Dodge Caravan and a few derivatives  but I think what we have locally is badged as Chrysler Grand Voyager. 

image.png.3837b6d8514f0a53805486b9875addd3.png

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, matroska said:

That's a good guess since the rear lights somewhat resemble the mid 90's V40 but no. This is not European - let me post a higher-res pic 

image.thumb.png.ea3596ff5933b01213a2ee8a98b8358b.png 

Ok so closest I came to was the Primera wagon. Observations were the rear antenna and the rear doors. Most of the Jap wagons didn't have that kind of squarish rear doors and the 3 quarter glass.

53 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Honda Accord wagon

31 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Ok so closest I came to was the Primera wagon

Well it is indeed Japanese - but not from either manufacturers. Neither the sedan nor the wagon from the generation of this car in question was that common in SL. But it's predecessors Sedan variant is quite popular here. 

I couldn't find a local pic of the Wagon but here's a local pic of it's sedan counterpart 

image.png.a08da6e00d5fb71b8aa97e6f401c149e.png

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Well it is indeed Japanese - but not from either manufacturers. Neither the sedan nor the wagon from the generation of this car in question was that common in SL. But it's predecessors Sedan variant is quite popular here. 

I couldn't find a local pic of the Wagon but here's a local pic of it's sedan counterpart 

image.png.a08da6e00d5fb71b8aa97e6f401c149e.png

Mazda 626 Wagon, why didnt I think of Mazda

Edited by Gummybr

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Ok then something from my school days. Sorry I couldnt find a better pic

31 minutes ago, iRage said:

That is  Toyota FA/DA heavy duty truck based bus.

Wow. Did we ever have Toyota buses like these in SL? I wonder if they still exist.